View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Bills-Dolphins 2010 Part Deux!!!! 
Honorary BILLS Fan
Honorary BILLS Fan

Post Bills-Dolphins 2010 Part Deux!!!!
The big re-match!!

This is a much different Bills team. For one, no more Trent Edwards. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a much better QB and he will actually take a chance. Fred Jackson is back as the featured back. The defense is still poor, but is back to creating turnovers.

Injuries are starting to mount. Lee Evans is out. So is starting center Geoff Hangartner. The Defense is down a number of players as well, including Dwan Edwards.

Generally, the Bills can play it close now. With 3 wins, they are playing out the string. And this week is their only legit shot at a win the rest of the season (Patriots and Jets follow).

If I had to predict, I would guess that this will be a 16-14 Miami victory, with anxious moments at the end of the game for the Dolphins.

I do promise that no Bills coaches will trip or knee any Dolphins players!

Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:00 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Bills-Dolphins 2010 Part Deux!!!!
DrLecter wrote:
The big re-match!!

This is a much different Bills team. For one, no more Trent Edwards. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a much better QB and he will actually take a chance. Fred Jackson is back as the featured back. The defense is still poor, but is back to creating turnovers.

Injuries are starting to mount. Lee Evans is out. So is starting center Geoff Hangartner. The Defense is down a number of players as well, including Dwan Edwards.

Generally, the Bills can play it close now. With 3 wins, they are playing out the string. And this week is their only legit shot at a win the rest of the season (Patriots and Jets follow).

If I had to predict, I would guess that this will be a 16-14 Miami victory, with anxious moments at the end of the game for the Dolphins.

I think it's cool Fitzpatrick has played well for you guys. I've got him on my fantasy team and it's great to see a guy easily dismissed put up nice offensive numbers. Nice beard too haha.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:03 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I liked Fitzpatrick when he was with St. Louis, and then he had that great comeback against Houston...then he disappeared. I was glad to see him get a chance again, but now that he's a Bill, I'm required to curse whenever he scrambles for some 40 yards for a score against the Dolphins.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:07 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I am really worried about this game. It seemed like an easy W to pencil in some weeks back, but the Bills secondary is playing very well and our passing game is awful. Our running game is equally stinky. It will be up to the defense to win this one...and I think they can....but the game will be a close one regardless.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:50 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

It will be very similar to the first game I think, our defense will win us the game. I do think there will be more scoring on our part this time though. I think we'll win something to the tune of 17-10. As long as Henne can keep it together and protect the football we'll be fine. When Henne doesn't turn it over we're almost impossible to beat, when he does, well you lose 13-10 against the Browns. I guess we'll just have to wait and see which Chad Henne shows up.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:11 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

The defense can't drop surefire pick 6's like they did the first time around if we're going to win.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:18 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

DrLecter wrote:

Actually, Doc, you have two winnable games as the Bills have to potential to beat us and the Jets. The Jets are not the team they were. Keep pressure on Sanchez and stop the run is the key.

oldgreg07 wrote:
The defense can't drop surefire pick 6's like they did the first time around if we're going to win.

I keep hearing that, and I would tend to agree, but we've been dropping interceptions and we've won more than half of our games.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:07 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

DrLecter wrote:
The big re-match!!

Dr., it should be another close game. Not having Lee Evans does hurt as he has been a bug a boo to Miami. What is the consensus on Ryan Fitzpatrick? Do they feel like he is the QB of the future, or will they look to draft a QB?

Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:31 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Every time I think of playing the Bills in Dec I think of that game when Ricky went wild in the snow, remember that one?

Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:33 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Lee Evans is out.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:02 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Big Dave wrote:
oldgreg07 wrote:

I keep hearing that, and I would tend to agree, but we've been dropping interceptions and we've won more than half of our games.

True, but we've also lost (potentially) because of it.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:12 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

DrLecter wrote:
The big re-match!!

39-3 Bills....
Henne goes 2-42 passing
We start another Henne Sucks Thread
Dolphinjim comes on to tell us how great Henne will be
blah blah blah

Outside of the Steelers Game, Miami plays like crap at home. They're 1-6 at home this year and the last game against Cleveland was difficult to watch. I'll tape the game and not waste a weekend because I honestly think the Bills will come in fired up and blow Miami out of the stadium.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:11 pm
Honorary BILLS Fan
Honorary BILLS Fan

phinsfansc wrote:

Dr., it should be another close game. Not having Lee Evans does hurt as he has been a bug a boo to Miami. What is the consensus on Ryan Fitzpatrick? Do they feel like he is the QB of the future, or will they look to draft a QB?

Most fans think that Fitz is a fine back-up who can be a stopgap for a year or two. Most fans would also love to see the Bills get a chance to draft Andrew Luck, but we know that even if he does come out they won't have a shot at him. The idea of taking Locker, Mallett, Newton, etc. with their top pick is not appealing. A top DL or LB is a must.

The question is do they take a QB in the 2nd or 3rd or wait until next year?

In short, most fans do not think that Fitz is a long term solution. But will live for a year or two with him, and would be fine with him mentoring a young guy. A Ponder or Devlin type in the 3rd is possible.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:24 pm
Honorary BILLS Fan
Honorary BILLS Fan

dolphinjim wrote:
Every time I think of playing the Bills in Dec I think of that game when Ricky went wild in the snow, remember that one?

Yeah, I was there. A 30 minute drive home took me two hours.

Williams went nuts and so did Moulds. It was a fun game.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]