View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:46 am



Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ] 
 Playoff Info 
Author Message
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:39 pm
Posts: 1011
Post Playoff Info
Okay, just to have the information out there:
The teams that are competing for the Dolphins for the playoffs are as follows:

Baltimore (@ Texans, Saints, @ Browns, Bengals)
Jets (@ Steelers, @ Bears, Bills)
Colts (Jaguars, @ Raiders, Titans)
Jaguars (@ Colts. Redskins, @ Texans)
Chiefs (@ Rams, Titans, Raiders)
Chargers (49ers, @ Bengals, @ Broncos)

Of course, two of those teams will eventually win the division. So who do we want to lose and to whom?

-----


Baltimore: They need to finish the year 1-3.

Jets: They need to lose to Buffalo + One other team.

Colts/Jags: We cannot win any 10-6 tiebreakers with either of them. So, the division loser has to finish 9-7. The easiest scenario is to have the Jags beat the Colts next week. That would knock out the Colts. If the Colts beat Jacksonville, then we need the Jaguars or Colts to lose one more game.

Chargers: We cannot win a tie with them. They need to lose one game or win the division.

Chiefs: We DO win a tie against them. So they must lose to an AFC team.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:10 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:39 pm
Posts: 1011
Post Re: Playoff Info
Yes, I know they won't make it, but I want to have the info out there anyway.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:11 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5879
Post Re: Playoff Info
Homer......LOL


Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:13 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3412
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: Playoff Info
You forget to mention we have to win out (Buffalo, Det, @NE)

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:16 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5879
Post Re: Playoff Info
8-8....Loss against Buffalo or Detroit at home...Miami couldn't beat the Mormon Tabernacle Chior at home so 1 loss is a guarantee.


Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:39 pm
Posts: 1011
Post Re: Playoff Info
Ski_Money wrote:
You forget to mention we have to win out (Buffalo, Det, @NE)


Its understood

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:25 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8956
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Re: Playoff Info
Thanks for the info, it's still fun to dream right? There is a slim chance that we could still make it, much the same way the Jets got in last year. There is a chance that NE might rest their starters when we play them, so it's not impossible. We are going to have to play WAY better offensively than we have the past two weeks if we want any chance at the playoffs. With as bad at this team has done this year, Im surprised that we aren't already mathematically eliminated.


Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:51 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:38 pm
Posts: 481
Location: Miami, Fl
Post Re: Playoff Info
You got to believe but I still think right now Thigpen gives a better chance to win. That Steelers game is really coming back to bite us, especially if we win out!


Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:57 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8956
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Re: Playoff Info
TheCarver13 wrote:
You got to believe but I still think right now Thigpen gives a better chance to win. That Steelers game is really coming back to bite us, especially if we win out!

Really? His performance against the Bears was worse than Henne's pathetic game yesterday. I don't see any reason to think Thigpen is an upgrade right now.


Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:00 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:38 pm
Posts: 481
Location: Miami, Fl
Post Re: Playoff Info
Phin wrote:
TheCarver13 wrote:
You got to believe but I still think right now Thigpen gives a better chance to win. That Steelers game is really coming back to bite us, especially if we win out!

Really? His performance against the Bears was worse than Henne's pathetic game yesterday. I don't see any reason to think Thigpen is an upgrade right now.


Yea because one game says it all... On top of that it was the shortest week to practice with the O-line completely out of wack. As I recall Long was hobbled and gave up 3 sacks to Peppers. Henne wouldn't have done any better than Thigen that game lol. Its not like that was Thigpen's first career game lmao. Yes he has a horrible record as a starter but has shown way more potential than Henne has in all his starts in a KC team that had NO-ONE! In KC they actually knew what they were doing and using Thigpen to his strengths. Unlike the Offensive Coordinator that we have over here. Truth is people don't want to admit that our 3rd string QB is better than our 2nd round pick.

Henne is blowing big time, plain and simple! So why would you keep him as the starter? Thigpen is suited to run a SPREAD OFFENSE. If Chan Gailey was able to slowly switch his offense to better cater to Thigpen with much success, then I don't see why Miami cannot do it. They do not like to take chances and they rely WAY TOO much on the defense and a run game that has been non-existent this year.

Thigpen's games when he became the starter in KC (2008):
(Loss) 24-28 @ NYJ
(Loss) 27-30 vs TB
(Loss) 19-20 @ SD
(Loss) 20-30 vs NO
(Loss) 31-54 vs BUF
(Won) 20-13 @ OAK
(Loss) 17-24 @ DEN
(Loss) 21-22 vs SD
(Loss) 31-38 vs MIA
(Loss) 6-16 @ CIN
KC's defense was HORRIBLE! 54 points vs the BILLS! They also lost every single game bye 10 or less points (excluding the Bills game).

Out with Henne and in with Thigpen...


Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:33 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 1136
Post Re: Playoff Info
There is a reason Thigpen is 1-12 as a starter in the NFL.


Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5638
Post Re: Playoff Info
dolphinjim wrote:
There is a reason Thigpen is 1-12 as a starter in the NFL.


..... and it's not all his .....

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:21 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 1136
Post Re: Playoff Info
Rock Sexton wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:
There is a reason Thigpen is 1-12 as a starter in the NFL.


..... and it's not all his .....


true, but remember how he looked last year vs the Steelers when he came in after Pat White got destroyed? Promptly leads us right down the field and then threw the game killing pick.


Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:25 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5638
Post Re: Playoff Info
dolphinjim wrote:
true, but remember how he looked last year vs the Steelers when he came in after Pat White got destroyed? Promptly leads us right down the field and then threw the game killing pick.


No doubt. He threw the pick. Although, he's played in two games where he got in because of injury and the third the Fins were on a short week with a M.A.S.H. unit for a football team.

In K.C. he helped that "O" put points on the board to win games. The defense certainly didn't help him out any. He wasn't the kind of QB to make up for that kind of deficiency .... at least not at this point in his career. Many of his turnovers were because he was trying to do too much and IMO that's typical of somone playing wit a crap team like that KC squad was.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:35 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:38 pm
Posts: 481
Location: Miami, Fl
Post Re: Playoff Info
I think that our offense is best built for Pennington. But now that Penny is out and will probably be done for his career, the system and scheme needs to change.

Henne just isn't showing me any kind of growth or development, he still has cement shoes, and folds under pressure. I was a Henne supporter but its time we let Thigpen take over and actually let him run the "Wildcat" which is a form of spread offense anyhow. If you remember that Steelers game you will recall that Thigpen faked the Jet Sweep to Ricky and then handed the ball off to Hartline for about a 20 yard gain and TD. That was a play that Thigpen can run very easily and can excel at. They need to let Thigpen have option plays that allow him to get outside the pocket and throw on the run. He is not a drop back stay in the pocket type QB. That is why Pat White also did so horrible with the Dolphins. Not saying that he would have done better in a spread but I do believe that he was way out of his comfort zone. Give Thigpen a real chance...


Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:54 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4144
Location: The Bluegrass
Post Re: Playoff Info
TheCarver13 wrote:
Phin wrote:
TheCarver13 wrote:
You got to believe but I still think right now Thigpen gives a better chance to win. That Steelers game is really coming back to bite us, especially if we win out!

Really? His performance against the Bears was worse than Henne's pathetic game yesterday. I don't see any reason to think Thigpen is an upgrade right now.


Yea because one game says it all... On top of that it was the shortest week to practice with the O-line completely out of wack. As I recall Long was hobbled and gave up 3 sacks to Peppers. Henne wouldn't have done any better than Thigen that game lol. Its not like that was Thigpen's first career game lmao. Yes he has a horrible record as a starter but has shown way more potential than Henne has in all his starts in a KC team that had NO-ONE! In KC they actually knew what they were doing and using Thigpen to his strengths. Unlike the Offensive Coordinator that we have over here. Truth is people don't want to admit that our 3rd string QB is better than our 2nd round pick.

Henne is blowing big time, plain and simple! So why would you keep him as the starter? Thigpen is suited to run a SPREAD OFFENSE. If Chan Gailey was able to slowly switch his offense to better cater to Thigpen with much success, then I don't see why Miami cannot do it. They do not like to take chances and they rely WAY TOO much on the defense and a run game that has been non-existent this year.

Thigpen's games when he became the starter in KC (2008):
(Loss) 24-28 @ NYJ
(Loss) 27-30 vs TB
(Loss) 19-20 @ SD
(Loss) 20-30 vs NO
(Loss) 31-54 vs BUF
(Won) 20-13 @ OAK
(Loss) 17-24 @ DEN
(Loss) 21-22 vs SD
(Loss) 31-38 vs MIA
(Loss) 6-16 @ CIN
KC's defense was HORRIBLE! 54 points vs the BILLS! They also lost every single game bye 10 or less points (excluding the Bills game).

Out with Henne and in with Thigpen...


I'm supremely grateful you don't make those decisions for us.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5638
Post Re: Playoff Info
eleaf wrote:

I'm supremely grateful you don't make those decisions for us.


You do realize that in 2007, Tyler played with an O-Line that gave up the most sacks in the NFL and the league's most anemic rushing attack?

Just curious if you do, because I've seen some of the things you've said when coming to the defense of Chad Henne.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:00 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4144
Location: The Bluegrass
Post Re: Playoff Info
Rock Sexton wrote:
eleaf wrote:

I'm supremely grateful you don't make those decisions for us.


You do realize that in 2007, Tyler played with an O-Line that gave up the most sacks in the NFL and the league's most anemic rushing attack?

Just curious if you do, because I've seen some of the things you've said when coming to the defense of Chad Henne.


Yes. I am fully aware of the circumstances in which he played. But make no mistake. He was CUT from the CHIEFS when they were still the laughing stock of the AFC. He was buried in our depth chart behind a guy who couldn't make it 1 play. We avoided putting him in the 3rd quarter of the TN game because we knew that if Henne was able to return, he could not by rule if we put in Thigpen before the 4th quarter. He is a liability who darts at the first hint of trouble, and is a terrible passer.

No thanks on Thigpen.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:37 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5638
Post Re: Playoff Info
eleaf wrote:
Yes. I am fully aware of the circumstances in which he played. But make no mistake. He was CUT from the CHIEFS when they were still the laughing stock of the AFC.


He was cut because they brought in Pioli's boy Matt Cassel who played in that New England offense Charlie Weiss was modeling their's after.

Quote:
He was buried in our depth chart behind a guy who couldn't make it 1 play.


Buried behind two QB's drafted by this regime? Say it ain't so. Oh wait, we needed to keep Pat White as the #2 so we could use him in Wildcat packages.

Quote:
We avoided putting him in the 3rd quarter of the TN game because we knew that if Henne was able to return, he could not by rule if we put in Thigpen before the 4th quarter.


Uhhhhhh so we shouldn't have tried to see if we could bring Henne back in? After all, he was the QB who practiced with the 1's all week and we gameplanned the offense with. Ironically Thigpen came in and led the offense to a TD.

Quote:
He is a liability who darts at the first hint of trouble, and is a terrible passer.

No thanks on Thigpen.


Conjecture.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:46 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4144
Location: The Bluegrass
Post Re: Playoff Info
Rock Sexton wrote:
eleaf wrote:
Yes. I am fully aware of the circumstances in which he played. But make no mistake. He was CUT from the CHIEFS when they were still the laughing stock of the AFC.


He was cut because they brought in Pioli's boy Matt Cassel who played in that New England offense Charlie Weiss was modeling their's after.

Quote:
He was buried in our depth chart behind a guy who couldn't make it 1 play.


Buried behind two QB's drafted by this regime? Say it ain't so. Oh wait, we needed to keep Pat White as the #2 so we could use him in Wildcat packages.

Quote:
We avoided putting him in the 3rd quarter of the TN game because we knew that if Henne was able to return, he could not by rule if we put in Thigpen before the 4th quarter.


Uhhhhhh so we shouldn't have tried to see if we could bring Henne back in? After all, he was the QB who practiced with the 1's all week and we gameplanned the offense with. Ironically Thigpen came in and led the offense to a TD.

Quote:
He is a liability who darts at the first hint of trouble, and is a terrible passer.

No thanks on Thigpen.


Conjecture.


So your argument is that the Chiefs were in a position to throw away a good QB just because they went after Cassel? Come on now . . .

And he was buried behind White too.

It's conjecture that he darts at the first hint of trouble? You'll need to do better than that. He has a history of it, and Sparano has said that he runs to early, and I'VE SEEN IT.

I understand that the backup QB is generally the most popular player on teams where the starter is struggling, but there is a reason why Thigpen carries the clipboard, and it isn't because he gives us a better shot at winning than Henne. Despite's Henne's troubles, Sparano has STILL COMPLETELY DISMISSED the idea of Thigpen getting a start.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3594
Post Re: Playoff Info
eleaf wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
eleaf wrote:

I'm supremely grateful you don't make those decisions for us.


You do realize that in 2007, Tyler played with an O-Line that gave up the most sacks in the NFL and the league's most anemic rushing attack?

Just curious if you do, because I've seen some of the things you've said when coming to the defense of Chad Henne.


Yes. I am fully aware of the circumstances in which he played. But make no mistake. He was CUT from the CHIEFS when they were still the laughing stock of the AFC. He was buried in our depth chart behind a guy who couldn't make it 1 play. We avoided putting him in the 3rd quarter of the TN game because we knew that if Henne was able to return, he could not by rule if we put in Thigpen before the 4th quarter. He is a liability who darts at the first hint of trouble, and is a terrible passer.

No thanks on Thigpen.



So with less evidence to judge him on than Henne have you decided that he is teh wurst qb evar?


Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:04 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Playoff Info
I was just playing around with the playoff generator. We do not have any possible tie breakers with Baltimore, so unless they go 1-3 down the stretch, we have no shot.

The only viable option is to over-take NY. They would have to lose to Pitt and Buffalo. The Chicago game is meaningless. We'd also need Jax to beat Indy, or if Indy wins have Jax lose some other game, and have KC lose another game.


Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:06 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5638
Post Re: Playoff Info
eleaf wrote:
So your argument is that the Chiefs were in a position to throw away a good QB just because they went after Cassel? Come on now . . .


Didn't address the point I see. Different QB's fit different offenses.

Quote:
And he was buried behind White too.


Again, White was active because we wanted to use him in WC packages. He couldn't do that as the #3.

Quote:
It's conjecture that he darts at the first hint of trouble? You'll need to do better than that. He has a history of it, and Sparano has said that he runs to early, and I'VE SEEN IT.


Sparano was talking about him breaking the pocket which was instinctive to his kind of athletic ability. It was the way he was used to playing coming out of Coastal Carolina and KC.

Quote:
I understand that the backup QB is generally the most popular player on teams where the starter is struggling, but there is a reason why Thigpen carries the clipboard, and it isn't because he gives us a better shot at winning than Henne. Despite's Henne's troubles, Sparano has STILL COMPLETELY DISMISSED the idea of Thigpen getting a start.


My argument at this stage is not whether he's ready to man it this year. My argument is your short-sighted criticisms of the guy and how ironic they are in contrast to your Henne defense.

We all know who your most popular Dolphin is that's for sure.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:11 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4144
Location: The Bluegrass
Post Re: Playoff Info
Rock Sexton wrote:

We all know who your most popular Dolphin is that's for sure.


And who would that be?

And you mistake, like most here, me not criticizing Henne heavily as defending him. Just because I don't agree with your (plural) assessments and try and bring them back to reality a bit != defending. Henne has problems, without question, but the attitude around here about Henne is simply stupid.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:26 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:38 pm
Posts: 481
Location: Miami, Fl
Post Re: Playoff Info
Rock Sexton wrote:
eleaf wrote:
So your argument is that the Chiefs were in a position to throw away a good QB just because they went after Cassel? Come on now . . .


Didn't address the point I see. Different QB's fit different offenses.

Quote:
And he was buried behind White too.


Again, White was active because we wanted to use him in WC packages. He couldn't do that as the #3.

Quote:
It's conjecture that he darts at the first hint of trouble? You'll need to do better than that. He has a history of it, and Sparano has said that he runs to early, and I'VE SEEN IT.


Sparano was talking about him breaking the pocket which was instinctive to his kind of athletic ability. It was the way he was used to playing coming out of Coastal Carolina and KC.

Quote:
I understand that the backup QB is generally the most popular player on teams where the starter is struggling, but there is a reason why Thigpen carries the clipboard, and it isn't because he gives us a better shot at winning than Henne. Despite's Henne's troubles, Sparano has STILL COMPLETELY DISMISSED the idea of Thigpen getting a start.


My argument at this stage is not whether he's ready to man it this year. My argument is your short-sighted criticisms of the guy and how ironic they are in contrast to your Henne defense.

We all know who your most popular Dolphin is that's for sure.


...Couldn't have said it better myself. By the way Thigpen was not cut. He was traded to us for a 5th round pick. Guy up there made it seem as if he was down right released because they didn't need him.

As far as guys being buried in the depth chart, that does not make a good argument. I believe that there are a few threads about a man named Tom Brady that was buried at the end of the draft. Arian Foster was buried at the end of his depth chart last season. Yea wasn't M. Vick the 3rd string QB last year lol... Aaron Rodgers was holding a clip board for quite some time. Hmm Cam Wake was cut by the Giants at the beginning of his career and spent 2 years in the CFL. As I recall, wasn't Davone Bess an undrafted free agent? I could go on and on. At the end of the day just because a guy is 3rd string or buried on the depth chart it does not mean that the guy in front of him is in anyway better...


Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:27 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:38 pm
Posts: 481
Location: Miami, Fl
Post Re: Playoff Info
Fact of the matter is the coaching staff wants to rely on defense and a run game that we currently do not have.

So obviously they prefer Chad Henne that they believe can manage the game better. If you want to win 10-6 ball games with 55 yards of passing then so be it. That will not take this team far...

Marshall had 2 TD's on the season and every team brings 8 in the box (wonder why we can't run). Few reasons we have 7 wins is because we have a very good defense, Dan Carpenter, and a good coach in Sparano. But Henne is definitely not the reason.


Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:36 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:39 pm
Posts: 1011
Post Re: Playoff Info
Phins Rock wrote:
I was just playing around with the playoff generator. We do not have any possible tie breakers with Baltimore, so unless they go 1-3 down the stretch, we have no shot.

The only viable option is to over-take NY. They would have to lose to Pitt and Buffalo. The Chicago game is meaningless. We'd also need Jax to beat Indy, or if Indy wins have Jax lose some other game, and have KC lose another game.


I already said this in the original post. Also, the Chicago game is not meaningless. The jets need to lose to buffalo plus any other team.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:21 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Playoff Info
1984phins wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
I was just playing around with the playoff generator. We do not have any possible tie breakers with Baltimore, so unless they go 1-3 down the stretch, we have no shot.

The only viable option is to over-take NY. They would have to lose to Pitt and Buffalo. The Chicago game is meaningless. We'd also need Jax to beat Indy, or if Indy wins have Jax lose some other game, and have KC lose another game.


I already said this in the original post. Also, the Chicago game is not meaningless. The jets need to lose to buffalo plus any other team.


You're right. My mistake.

If they lose to Pitt it then becomes a meaningless game.


Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:46 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:39 pm
Posts: 1011
Post Re: Playoff Info
That's true. I really wonder how much longer this tailspin lasts for the Jets

_________________
Image


Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:08 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:33 pm
Posts: 815
Location: West Caldwell, NJ
Post Re: Playoff Info
According to ESPN's playoff machine.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine (select win% as the criteria)

Miami needs to win out, the Jets need to lose out, Jax over Indy this week, and San Diego needs to lose 1 of its last 3 games (SF, @CIN, @DEN) for Miami to be the #6 seed and play at #3 KC in the playoffs.

Crazier things have happened.

:runwiththeball: :goteam:

_________________
Image


Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:03 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5838
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Playoff Info
Rock Sexton wrote:
We all know who your most popular Dolphin is that's for sure.


You're going to pick on eleaf as a Henne defender? The guy says the same thing every post...the ground game is the problem. Which in fact is reality because this team is built on a dominant ground game. He doesn't prop Henne up at all.

So its okay for Thigpen to have the excuse of surroundings but if applied to Henne its nothing more than apologist nonsense?

Its far more evident who your least favorite Dolphin is than eleaf's most favorite.


Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:25 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Playoff Info
phinsfanmel wrote:
According to ESPN's playoff machine.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine (select win% as the criteria)

Miami needs to win out, the Jets need to lose out, Jax over Indy this week, and San Diego needs to lose 1 of its last 3 games (SF, @CIN, @DEN) for Miami to be the #6 seed and play at #3 KC in the playoffs.

Crazier things have happened.

:runwiththeball: :goteam:



ESPN's is not accurate. Use http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscen ... ahooranker


Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:15 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4144
Location: The Bluegrass
Post Re: Playoff Info
jammer wrote:
The guy says the same thing every post...the ground game is the problem. Which in fact is reality because this team is built on a dominant ground game. He doesn't prop Henne up at all.


Finally, someone gets it!

Not overtly criticizing != defending. I openly admit that Henne has had many issues this year, but I will maintain that his biggest hinderance has been that the running game has left him out to dry for a majority of the season.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:49 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:33 pm
Posts: 815
Location: West Caldwell, NJ
Post Re: Playoff Info
Phins Rock wrote:
phinsfanmel wrote:
According to ESPN's playoff machine.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine (select win% as the criteria)

Miami needs to win out, the Jets need to lose out, Jax over Indy this week, and San Diego needs to lose 1 of its last 3 games (SF, @CIN, @DEN) for Miami to be the #6 seed and play at #3 KC in the playoffs.

Crazier things have happened.

:runwiththeball: :goteam:



ESPN's is not accurate. Use http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscen ... ahooranker



Thanks PR, I ran the same scenarios and came up with the same outcome. Miami as #6 at #3 KC.

_________________
Image


Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:47 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Playoff Info
Right. But I mean some of the tie breakers are inaccurate on ESPN. If you run certain scenarios on both, you'll come out with different answers. Yahoo!'s is accurate though.


Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:58 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:39 pm
Posts: 1011
Post Re: Playoff Info
It is wrong because the Jets don't have to lose out. My original post has all the info.

_________________
Image


Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:17 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:33 pm
Posts: 815
Location: West Caldwell, NJ
Post Re: Playoff Info
1984phins wrote:
It is wrong because the Jets don't have to lose out. My original post has all the info.


Yes, after rerunning it with out the Jets losing out, Miami can still get the #6 spot.

It would just be more satisfying if the Jets lose out !! :grin:

_________________
Image


Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:23 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 955
Post Re: Playoff Info
Phins Rock wrote:
I was just playing around with the playoff generator. We do not have any possible tie breakers with Baltimore, so unless they go 1-3 down the stretch, we have no shot.

The only viable option is to over-take NY. They would have to lose to Pitt and Buffalo. The Chicago game is meaningless. We'd also need Jax to beat Indy, or if Indy wins have Jax lose some other game, and have KC lose another game.


None of that is out of the realm of possibilities. The most unrealistic thing right now is expecting the Dolphins to win the final 3 games. Indy will beat Jax (If not no biggie). Jax will lose to either Washington or Houston *Shrug* maybe both.

We have to overtake the Jets.. They can only win 1 more game. And it can't be against Buffalo. Realistically speaking though. Buffalo is their most winnable game. It's possible for them to lose out. POSSIBLE.

But, none of this matter unless we take care of our business. I say we keep our nose to the grindstone and win out. See where everything falls in the end. I suspect if we win out. We have a shot to get in. Mainly because I think the Jets will continue to lose. (I hope)

_________________
Image


Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:29 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:39 pm
Posts: 1011
Post Re: Playoff Info
Look at it this way: there is a great chance that we still have something to play for the last week of the season.

_________________
Image


Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:57 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big Dave and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.