View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Dear Mike Nolan, Cameron Wake & the rest of the Defense 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Dear Mike Nolan, Cameron Wake & the rest of the Defense
Thank you, from all us Dolphins fans for bringing a little light into an otherwise dark and gloomy season...

I know, they probably dont read this... But have to give the credit.
I expected (hoped really) that Nolan would transform our defense, make it compete at a higher level. But he has done alot more then I expected. I think we are top 5, we have shut down the best RB's in this league all year. Put pressure on QB's, and have really stepped up on pas cover.

Wake is a beast. Cant say it enough. Defensive POY.

Nolan Carrol is one he11 of of late round pick up.... Getting better in cover & returns each week...

Sean Smith could catch the ball better. But getting a hand on it is a good starting point, not catching is really just a negative part of a bigger positive. Make tackles and bat balls away first. Learn to catch second...

Too bad our offense couldnt provide a little more assistance...

Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:06 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Dear Mike Nolan, Cameron Wake & the rest of the Defense
If Sean Smith could hang on to the football he'd be a Pro Bowler. The guy is slowly but surely turning into a shutdown cornerback. He has an ability to take big time receivers out of almost entire football games the way some of the elite players in this league do. He and Vontae have a bright future, in fact the entire defensive secondary has a bright future. Guys like Davis, Smith, Caroll, Clemons, and Jones are all young and extremely talented. All of these guys fit the system and are playing at a very high level. I hope we can keep this unit together for a long time. As for Cam Wake, what else is there really to say, the guy is a freak. He had better make the Pro Bowl this year, his stats and impact on our defense cannot be ignored.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:58 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

wkloiber13 wrote:
If Sean Smith could hang on to the football he'd be a Pro Bowler. The guy is slowly but surely turning into a shutdown cornerback. He has an ability to take big time receivers out of almost entire football games the way some of the elite players in this league do. He and Vontae have a bright future, in fact the entire defensive secondary has a bright future. Guys like Davis, Smith, Caroll, Clemons, and Jones are all young and extremely talented. All of these guys fit the system and are playing at a very high level. I hope we can keep this unit together for a long time. As for Cam Wake, what else is there really to say, the guy is a freak. He had better make the Pro Bowl this year, his stats and impact on our defense cannot be ignored.

I agree, he is always in the right spot. Work on his hands and he is another Sam Madison or Pat Surtain!

Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:59 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The defense played a hell of a game and at least one unit on the team is heading in the right direction.

However....there were a lot of passes dropped by Sanchez' receivers on Sunday....including a TD and some big gainers.....the football gods were a smilin' for Miami, to be sure!! :yay:

Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]