View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly) 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
So in order to be a good QB, your Defense and run game have to be elite? Gotcha.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:19 pm

Phin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
In NY we won despite a 5 for 18 for 55 yard performance.

Those numbers aren't very good, but I noticed that you supported your argument by leaving out the sliver lining: 1 TD and 0 INT. Convenient.........

He turned the ball over twice, and only had 1 red zone trip.....When we started inside their 30.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:20 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
So in order to be a good QB, your Defense and run game have to be elite? Gotcha.

No one said that. Where did you read that?

What we're saying is that you can't blame the QB for having a piss poor running game, especially when everything about our team from the philosophy up is based on running the ball, and that you can't blame the QB for a poor running game.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:26 pm
Profile WWW

eleaf wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

What we're saying is that you can't blame the QB for having a piss poor running game, especially when everything about our team from the philosophy up is based on running the ball, and that you can't blame the QB for a poor running game.

I'm not blaming him for the run game. I'm blaming him for 5 completions, for 3 INT's vs. the Browns, for leading the league in INT's since Week 12 of 2009, and for the 31st ranked offense in the NFL in the stat that counts; points.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:31 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
eleaf wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

I'm not blaming him for the run game. I'm blaming him for 5 completions, for 3 INT's vs. the Browns, for leading the league in INT's since Week 12 of 2009, and for the 31st ranked offense in the NFL in the stat that counts; points.

Not directly, but you openly blamed him for the lack of production due to our running game being inept.

Phins Rock wrote:
I don't care how you slice it or how mediocre the run game is as opposed to what it was "built for"....31st in points is flat out awful and not getting it done. And it falls on the shoulders of the QB.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:28 pm
Profile WWW

Lack of production as a whole, yes. I'm not connecting him with the run game in any away.

Right now he's holding us back. The run game is not what it was a year ago, no, but the weapons around him are MUCH better (pre-Hartline injury....and even now they are better). 5 of 18 for 55 yards coming off of a 3 INT game where your Defense was DOMINANT is not acceptable for a 3rd year player with 25 starts under his belt.

Right now he's the peixe of this team....

Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:37 pm
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

dolphinjim wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:
Oh no, I never said I would stop putting them on my ignore list. I have a right not to read the same posts over and over again. There is no animosity. When I come in here I am looking for info on my team, not "Henne sucks" threads 100 times. If they want to post it that's fine, but that means I have the option to ignore it. Live and let live.

You don't ignore them though. You make little comments like the one I initially replied to .... and if this is a site you hit up to get Dolphins "info" why did you create a thread which questions where Tom Brady's greatness comes from?

Very simple. I am wondering why we seem to NEVER be able to find a quality QB. It's been over 10 years since we have had a good QB. I wonder if it is our scouting? Maybe they aren't knowledgeable about QBs like other team's scouts are.

But it's not just the QB. It's the entire system is the problem. That's what people are trying to tell you that just hating on Henne is pointless. If we're going to be upset about choices/problems then look at all the other mistakes and take it with a grain of salt.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:47 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
Lack of production as a whole, yes. I'm not connecting him with the run game in any away.

Right now he's holding us back. The run game is not what it was a year ago, no, but the weapons around him are MUCH better (pre-Hartline injury....and even now they are better). 5 of 18 for 55 yards coming off of a 3 INT game where your Defense was DOMINANT is not acceptable for a 3rd year player with 25 starts under his belt.

Right now he's the peixe of this team....

Wasn't your whole point that they have been winning all season despite Henne? Yet you pick the last two games, a loss and a win, to prove your point?

Go win by win this entire season. Buffalo and Minnesota, what did Henne do that compromised those wins? GB, did he not throw to TD's and move the ball? Against Cincy he dealt with dropped red zone passes but still completed 60% and moved them into scoring range. Tennessee and Oakland he probably was a major reason they won.

So if you want to say that some of the losses are because Henne isn't good enough to overcome the team's other deficiencies and that his turnovers have been too much for others to overcome then fine. But your argument that they are winning despite him has zero evidence outside of the Jets game, and even in some of the losses Henne kept them in the game when other departments failed.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2