View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:22 am



Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly) 
Author Message
Online
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8744
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
Rich Rodriguez wrote:
The Good

The Dolphins defense was downright dominant, shutting down one of the league's best rushing games and giving Mark Sanchez problems all day. Sanchez threw a pick and had multiple fumbles as well as being sacked 6 times.

Cameron Wake added 2 more sacks to bring his total to a league leading 14.

Brandon Fields had an amazing day, getting the Dolphins out of bad field position time and again.

Reshad Jones had a coming out party on special teams.



The Bad

The Dolphins offense continued is putrid performance. The running game struggled. The offensive line could not protect Henne. The passing game was non-existant. This offense seems to be regressing before our very eyes.



The Ugly

The weather created ugly conditions that led to a game that was hard to watch. Lots of fumbles and struggling QBs and offenses.

But it was an ugly and much needed win.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:29 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5765
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
The good...the bad...the ugly


...and the downright putrid

Jet's Coach

Henne


Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:40 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4144
Location: The Bluegrass
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
NFLJunkie wrote:
The good...the bad...the ugly


...and the downright putrid

Jet's Coach

Henne


Yeah. The OL leaking like a sieve all day in both the running game and the passing game providing neither running lanes nor pass protection had nothing at all to do with how ugly the offense looked.

We had 56 offensive snaps, and only totaled 131 yards (including sacks). Henne threw 18 passes. We have lots of problems on offense, and they don't start and end with number 7.

We rushed the ball 32 times for barely 100 yards (a dismal 3.2 average) with the longest rush being a Henne scramble. Out 2 RBs combined rushed for a paltry 3.4 YPC average.

Yeah. If only we had a different QB we'd be a grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat offense.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:13 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8955
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
A win over the Jets makes the season feel slightly better. If we only won two games a year, and they both came against the Jets, it would be a successful season in my eyes. ;)


Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:22 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5765
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
eleaf wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
The good...the bad...the ugly


...and the downright putrid

Jet's Coach

Henne


Yeah. The OL leaking like a sieve all day in both the running game and the passing game providing neither running lanes nor pass protection had nothing at all to do with how ugly the offense looked.

We had 56 offensive snaps, and only totaled 131 yards (including sacks). Henne threw 18 passes. We have lots of problems on offense, and they don't start and end with number 7.

We rushed the ball 32 times for barely 100 yards (a dismal 3.2 average) with the longest rush being a Henne scramble. Out 2 RBs combined rushed for a paltry 3.4 YPC average.

Yeah. If only we had a different QB we'd be a grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat offense.


Yeah...it was the OL that threw the ball into the stands 3 times. Twice with open guys in the flat. It was the OL that couldn't get the ball within the same zip code as anyone on the offense. It was the OL that magically fumbled away a sure FG without being hit. Please..the Jets were putting 9 men in the box on a lot of early downs. Until you can make teams pay in the passing game, you won't run the ball. 3.2 was awesome given Miami couldn't even complete a flat pass all game.


Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:17 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21140
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
If Henne forces a ball into coverage and it gets picked, it's his fault.

If he throws the ball away to avoid taking a risk and turning it over, it's still his fault.

What isn't his fault?

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:43 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5765
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
Bess didn't have a db within 10yds...I guess the difference is I could stand there and chuck it OB. What isn't his fault...yesterdays win.


Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:46 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:14 am
Posts: 110
Location: Scranton, PA
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
Rich wrote:
If Henne forces a ball into coverage and it gets picked, it's his fault.

If he throws the ball away to avoid taking a risk and turning it over, it's still his fault.

What isn't his fault?


His looks are genetic......


Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:51 pm
Profile
Online
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8744
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
NFLJunkie wrote:
Bess didn't have a db within 10yds...I guess the difference is I could stand there and chuck it OB. What isn't his fault...yesterdays win.


Sounds like someone who started Bess on their Fantasy Team. 1 catch for 6 yards gets you nothing;)

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:44 pm
Posts: 563
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
Rich wrote:
If Henne forces a ball into coverage and it gets picked, it's his fault.

If he throws the ball away to avoid taking a risk and turning it over, it's still his fault.

What isn't his fault?
well I don't know, I bet he even gets blamed for stinking up the washroom in the locker room.

_________________
Image
Image


Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:40 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 1022
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
eleaf wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
The good...the bad...the ugly


...and the downright putrid

Jet's Coach

Henne


Yeah. The OL leaking like a sieve all day in both the running game and the passing game providing neither running lanes nor pass protection had nothing at all to do with how ugly the offense looked.

We had 56 offensive snaps, and only totaled 131 yards (including sacks). Henne threw 18 passes. We have lots of problems on offense, and they don't start and end with number 7.

We rushed the ball 32 times for barely 100 yards (a dismal 3.2 average) with the longest rush being a Henne scramble. Out 2 RBs combined rushed for a paltry 3.4 YPC average.

Yeah. If only we had a different QB we'd be a grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat offense.


You are wasting your time, haters don't look at logic, which is why they get ignored. Take my advice and move on.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:08 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5502
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
dolphinjim wrote:

You are wasting your time, haters don't look at logic, which is why they get ignored. Take my advice and move on.



..... and it starts again ..... Jim I thought you were done posting this kind of stuff? Putting people on ignore because they don't agree with you is just childish man.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:11 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 1022
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
Oh no, I never said I would stop putting them on my ignore list. I have a right not to read the same posts over and over again. There is no animosity. When I come in here I am looking for info on my team, not "Henne sucks" threads 100 times. If they want to post it that's fine, but that means I have the option to ignore it. Live and let live.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:14 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5502
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
dolphinjim wrote:
Oh no, I never said I would stop putting them on my ignore list. I have a right not to read the same posts over and over again. There is no animosity. When I come in here I am looking for info on my team, not "Henne sucks" threads 100 times. If they want to post it that's fine, but that means I have the option to ignore it. Live and let live.


You don't ignore them though. You make little comments like the one I initially replied to .... and if this is a site you hit up to get Dolphins "info" why did you create a thread which questions where Tom Brady's greatness comes from?

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:17 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 1022
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
Rock Sexton wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:
Oh no, I never said I would stop putting them on my ignore list. I have a right not to read the same posts over and over again. There is no animosity. When I come in here I am looking for info on my team, not "Henne sucks" threads 100 times. If they want to post it that's fine, but that means I have the option to ignore it. Live and let live.


You don't ignore them though. You make little comments like the one I initially replied to .... and if this is a site you hit up to get Dolphins "info" why did you create a thread which questions where Tom Brady's greatness comes from?


Very simple. I am wondering why we seem to NEVER be able to find a quality QB. It's been over 10 years since we have had a good QB. I wonder if it is our scouting? Maybe they aren't knowledgeable about QBs like other team's scouts are.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:23 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4144
Location: The Bluegrass
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
Rich wrote:
If Henne forces a ball into coverage and it gets picked, it's his fault.

If he throws the ball away to avoid taking a risk and turning it over, it's still his fault.

What isn't his fault?


Nothing, Rich. Haven't you heard? He's TEH WURST QB EVAR!!!

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:11 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 1022
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
eleaf wrote:
Rich wrote:
If Henne forces a ball into coverage and it gets picked, it's his fault.

If he throws the ball away to avoid taking a risk and turning it over, it's still his fault.

What isn't his fault?


Nothing, Rich. Haven't you heard? He's TEH WURST QB EVAR!!!

:)

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:12 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4144
Location: The Bluegrass
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
dolphinjim wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:
Oh no, I never said I would stop putting them on my ignore list. I have a right not to read the same posts over and over again. There is no animosity. When I come in here I am looking for info on my team, not "Henne sucks" threads 100 times. If they want to post it that's fine, but that means I have the option to ignore it. Live and let live.


You don't ignore them though. You make little comments like the one I initially replied to .... and if this is a site you hit up to get Dolphins "info" why did you create a thread which questions where Tom Brady's greatness comes from?


Very simple. I am wondering why we seem to NEVER be able to find a quality QB. It's been over 10 years since we have had a good QB. I wonder if it is our scouting? Maybe they aren't knowledgeable about QBs like other team's scouts are.


Most teams don't have what most would consider a good QB. Well, let me qualify that:

So long as they play for some other team, they would be GREAT. But if they were to somehow transpose uniforms, they would immediately suck.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:15 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
Throwing it away is not a bad play.

But when you are staring down Ronnie Brown heading to the flat, and see he's not there, and you throw it 10 rows up into the stand when there is ZERO pressure on you.....that's just horrendous.

The guy has gone from going through his reads too quickly to not going through them AT ALL. If the primary guy is not there, forget how much time he has in the pocket, it's going into the stands. It's pathetic. Not even a rookie should be playing this poorly.


Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:16 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4144
Location: The Bluegrass
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
Phins Rock wrote:
Throwing it away is not a bad play.

But when you are staring down Ronnie Brown heading to the flat, and see he's not there, and you throw it 10 rows up into the stand when there is ZERO pressure on you.....that's just horrendous.

The guy has gone from going through his reads too quickly to not going through them AT ALL. If the primary guy is not there, forget how much time he has in the pocket, it's going into the stands. It's pathetic. Not even a rookie should be playing this poorly.


I attribute that to 1 of 2 things:

1) The ball slipped. He did it twice yesterday and he has no history of that at all.
2) He was making sure he got rid of it in order to avoid a turnover. With all of the picks he's had of late and all of the criticism he's taken over it, I can't blame him for chucking it in to the stands when throwing it away. I'd rather it there than in some defenders hands because he didn't give it enough juice.

Do you really think that RB in the flats is EVER his first read? Methinks there are many things you need to learn about football, especially before you start with the whole "Henne is TEH WURST" thing. Again.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
eleaf wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Throwing it away is not a bad play.

But when you are staring down Ronnie Brown heading to the flat, and see he's not there, and you throw it 10 rows up into the stand when there is ZERO pressure on you.....that's just horrendous.

The guy has gone from going through his reads too quickly to not going through them AT ALL. If the primary guy is not there, forget how much time he has in the pocket, it's going into the stands. It's pathetic. Not even a rookie should be playing this poorly.


I attribute that to 1 of 2 things:

1) The ball slipped. He did it twice yesterday and he has no history of that at all.
2) He was making sure he got rid of it in order to avoid a turnover. With all of the picks he's had of late and all of the criticism he's taken over it, I can't blame him for chucking it in to the stands when throwing it away. I'd rather it there than in some defenders hands because he didn't give it enough juice.

Do you really think that RB in the flats is EVER his first read? Methinks there are many things you need to learn about football, especially before you start with the whole "Henne is TEH WURST" thing. Again.


That's just it.....it shouldn't be his first read, yet it was multiple times yesterday.

My point wasn't about how far he threw it into the stands. If he's throwing it away I don't care where it goes as long as it's way out of bounds. But my point was that he isn't even going through his progressions or seeing how much time he has in the pocket. There were at least 4 or 5 times yesterday where he had tons of time and didn't even bother scanning the field or checking his protection. Primary wasn't there so the play is dead.

We were all hoping he would take the next step, and at worse stall out a little. Right now he's regressed heavily. Our Defense is great and we have some talent on the offensive side of the ball, but no team can get into the Post season and win consistently if they have to drag their QB along for the ride.

When we win it's despite Henne, and when we lose it's because of him. It's obvious now why we went to Pennington.


Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:00 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8955
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
In all fairness PR, you were bashing Henne for every thing under the sun yesterday. You were bashing him for things that weren't his fault even. I think you've gone from having blinders on, to going too far to the extreme. The kid is struggling, but your criticism at times is over the top.


Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:45 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6103
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
dolphinjim wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:
Oh no, I never said I would stop putting them on my ignore list. I have a right not to read the same posts over and over again. There is no animosity. When I come in here I am looking for info on my team, not "Henne sucks" threads 100 times. If they want to post it that's fine, but that means I have the option to ignore it. Live and let live.


You don't ignore them though. You make little comments like the one I initially replied to .... and if this is a site you hit up to get Dolphins "info" why did you create a thread which questions where Tom Brady's greatness comes from?


Very simple. I am wondering why we seem to NEVER be able to find a quality QB. It's been over 10 years since we have had a good QB. I wonder if it is our scouting? Maybe they aren't knowledgeable about QBs like other team's scouts are.


According to you Henne is a good quality quarterback. Make up your mind man.


Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:37 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21140
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
Rock Sexton wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:
Oh no, I never said I would stop putting them on my ignore list. I have a right not to read the same posts over and over again. There is no animosity. When I come in here I am looking for info on my team, not "Henne sucks" threads 100 times. If they want to post it that's fine, but that means I have the option to ignore it. Live and let live.


You don't ignore them though. You make little comments like the one I initially replied to .... and if this is a site you hit up to get Dolphins "info" why did you create a thread which questions where Tom Brady's greatness comes from?


Can you guys start your own thread instead of hijacking this one?

_________________
Image


Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:26 am
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6176
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
Can you guys start your own thread instead of hijacking this one?

Or just PM each other.


Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:14 am
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6176
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
The weather created ugly conditions that led to a game that was hard to watch. Lots of fumbles and struggling QBs and offenses.

But it was an ugly and much needed win.


Good write up Rich. It was an ugly game and the weather did play a factor. Tom Brady is in a league of his own when it comes to playing in bad weather. There are 31 other teams without a QB that can play in the snow like him. Henne's numbers were putrid but we know that he can put up big numbers. I look at his game Sunday as an improvenment since he didn't throw a pick.


Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:18 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5630
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
Phins Rock wrote:
When we win it's despite Henne, and when we lose it's because of him. It's obvious now why we went to Pennington.


Where is your evidence to prove this oh recently enlightened one?

Pretty sure you were seriously proven wrong the other day when we debated Henne putting the team in position to score.


Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:44 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
jammer wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
When we win it's despite Henne, and when we lose it's because of him. It's obvious now why we went to Pennington.


Where is your evidence to prove this oh recently enlightened one?

Pretty sure you were seriously proven wrong the other day when we debated Henne putting the team in position to score.


I was not dis-proven. I came up with numbers that Rich nor you came back from.

In the Cleveland game, we lost because we couldn't move the ball and score....Henne.

In NY we won despite a 5 for 18 for 55 yard performance.


Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:14 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5630
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
Phins Rock wrote:
I was not dis-proven. I came up with numbers that Rich nor you came back from.

In the Cleveland game, we lost because we couldn't move the ball and score....Henne.

In NY we won despite a 5 for 18 for 55 yard performance.


Actually yeah you were. You said Henne couldn't get the ball in scoring range. It was shown Miami is among the league leaders in getting in field goal range. Then you said it was all long kicks when the numbers showed that the majority had to be between the 20 and 30 yard line. Then you said Miami was way behind in reaching scoring range on a weekly basis when they are actually in line with league average.

If you want to use only the last two weeks to support your argument then your evidence is very selective.


Last edited by jammer on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:18 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5630
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
If you want to make a bold statement at least be accurate:

Miami is winning despite Chad Henne throwing more picks than TDs, an inept running game that the team was built around, the interior o-line being subpar, the secondary dropping interceptions, the WRs dropping some key passes, the WC being ineffective, Dan Henning calling inconsistent games, and the special teams imploding.

You go from one opinion to the extreme opposite.


Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:25 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
jammer wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
I was not dis-proven. I came up with numbers that Rich nor you came back from.

In the Cleveland game, we lost because we couldn't move the ball and score....Henne.

In NY we won despite a 5 for 18 for 55 yard performance.


Actually yeah you were. You said Henne couldn't get the ball in scoring range. It was shown Miami is among the league leaders in getting in field goal range. Then you said it was all long kicks when the numbers showed that the majority had to be between the 20 and 30 yard line. Then you said Miami was way behind in reaching scoring range on a weekly basis when they are actually in line with league average.

If you want to use only the last two weeks to support your argument then your evidence is very selective.


I came up with a website that showed that Miami was 31st in terms of Red Zone trips per game....That's not the 30 like we said, but I'm assuming it's in the same range.


Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:28 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5630
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
Phins Rock wrote:
I came up with a website that showed that Miami was 31st in terms of Red Zone trips per game....That's not the 30 like we said, but I'm assuming it's in the same range.


I never said anything about the Red Zone. My argument was always that Henne moved the ball well and got them into scoring range, basically the 30 yard line or better. I've always acknowledged he wasn't finishing drives with TDs. But that is not all on him. Part of it is his fault, part of it is the playcalling - namely ill timed WC use, and part of it is no ground game.

Henne has kept the team in most games because he moves the ball when the ground game stinks. How is that winning despite him?


Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:32 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
jammer wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
I came up with a website that showed that Miami was 31st in terms of Red Zone trips per game....That's not the 30 like we said, but I'm assuming it's in the same range.


I never said anything about the Red Zone. My argument was always that Henne moved the ball well and got them into scoring range, basically the 30 yard line or better. I've always acknowledged he wasn't finishing drives with TDs. But that is not all on him. Part of it is his fault, part of it is the playcalling - namely ill timed WC use, and part of it is no ground game.

Henne has kept the team in most games because he moves the ball when the ground game stinks. How is that winning despite him?


Because doing the absolute minimum for your run game and defense to win is not enough. You don't have to throw 3 INT's and still win to win despite the QB. But if he does just below his job description, like what Henne's been doing, and forcing everybody else to win the game for him, that's winning despite him.

Henne converts some 3rd downs; So does every other starter in the NFL.


Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:44 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4144
Location: The Bluegrass
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
jammer wrote:
If you want to make a bold statement at least be accurate:

Miami is winning despite Chad Henne throwing more picks than TDs, an inept running game that the team was built around, the interior o-line being subpar, the secondary dropping interceptions, the WRs dropping some key passes, the WC being ineffective, Dan Henning calling inconsistent games, and the special teams imploding.


That's a pretty good synopsis. Add to that the loss of Carey, and I fear all of those get worse.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:53 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5630
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
Phins Rock wrote:
Because doing the absolute minimum for your run game and defense to win is not enough. You don't have to throw 3 INT's and still win to win despite the QB. But if he does just below his job description, like what Henne's been doing, and forcing everybody else to win the game for him, that's winning despite him.

Henne converts some 3rd downs; So does every other starter in the NFL.



Chad Henne has not lived up to expectation. He has not finished drives with TDs. But guess what, the less than 4 ypc and 5 TD performance of the ground game this team is built on has been far more crushing than any Henne performance. Miami is winning because Henne has gotten them is scoring range, Carpenter can hit FGs, and the defense is putting in some good performances.

When you say Miami is winning despite...insert all of the factors that are holding them back, not just what you want to pick to strengthen your "DRAFT ANDREW LUCK" argument.


Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:00 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
jammer wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Because doing the absolute minimum for your run game and defense to win is not enough. You don't have to throw 3 INT's and still win to win despite the QB. But if he does just below his job description, like what Henne's been doing, and forcing everybody else to win the game for him, that's winning despite him.

Henne converts some 3rd downs; So does every other starter in the NFL.



Chad Henne has not lived up to expectation. He has not finished drives with TDs. But guess what, the less than 4 ypc and 5 TD performance of the ground game this team is built on has been far more crushing than any Henne performance. Miami is winning because Henne has gotten them is scoring range, Carpenter can hit FGs, and the defense is putting in some good performances.

When you say Miami is winning despite...insert all of the factors that are holding them back, not just what you want to pick to strengthen your "DRAFT ANDREW LUCK" argument.


Miami has won 7 games because 7 times this year their Defense was dominant. We are 31st in the NFL in points.

I don't care how you slice it or how mediocre the run game is as opposed to what it was "built for"....31st in points is flat out awful and not getting it done. And it falls on the shoulders of the QB.


Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:03 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8955
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
Phins Rock wrote:
In NY we won despite a 5 for 18 for 55 yard performance.

Those numbers aren't very good, but I noticed that you supported your argument by leaving out the sliver lining: 1 TD and 0 INT. Convenient.........


Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:06 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4144
Location: The Bluegrass
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
jammer wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Because doing the absolute minimum for your run game and defense to win is not enough. You don't have to throw 3 INT's and still win to win despite the QB. But if he does just below his job description, like what Henne's been doing, and forcing everybody else to win the game for him, that's winning despite him.

Henne converts some 3rd downs; So does every other starter in the NFL.



Chad Henne has not lived up to expectation. He has not finished drives with TDs. But guess what, the less than 4 ypc and 5 TD performance of the ground game this team is built on has been far more crushing than any Henne performance. Miami is winning because Henne has gotten them is scoring range, Carpenter can hit FGs, and the defense is putting in some good performances.

When you say Miami is winning despite...insert all of the factors that are holding them back, not just what you want to pick to strengthen your "DRAFT ANDREW LUCK" argument.


He doesn't have a draft Luck "argument"; he has a draft Luck fantasy.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:12 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4144
Location: The Bluegrass
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
Phins Rock wrote:
jammer wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Because doing the absolute minimum for your run game and defense to win is not enough. You don't have to throw 3 INT's and still win to win despite the QB. But if he does just below his job description, like what Henne's been doing, and forcing everybody else to win the game for him, that's winning despite him.

Henne converts some 3rd downs; So does every other starter in the NFL.



Chad Henne has not lived up to expectation. He has not finished drives with TDs. But guess what, the less than 4 ypc and 5 TD performance of the ground game this team is built on has been far more crushing than any Henne performance. Miami is winning because Henne has gotten them is scoring range, Carpenter can hit FGs, and the defense is putting in some good performances.

When you say Miami is winning despite...insert all of the factors that are holding them back, not just what you want to pick to strengthen your "DRAFT ANDREW LUCK" argument.


Miami has won 7 games because 7 times this year their Defense was dominant. We are 31st in the NFL in points.

I don't care how you slice it or how mediocre the run game is as opposed to what it was "built for"....31st in points is flat out awful and not getting it done. And it falls on the shoulders of the QB.


An inept running game and patchwork OLine falls on the shoulders of the QB? There is no fault anywhere else to be had than that you place on the QB? We have 5 rushing TDs. That's poor. We have a way less than 4 YPC average (when the team goal is 4.6 YPC). That too is poor.

And none of it is Henne's fault.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:15 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3443
Post Re: Rich - Dolphins 10, Jets 6 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
Sigh come on PR you also left off his 2 fumbles one in scoring range. Come on man. lol


Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:16 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.