All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Congrats to the ST's
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:03 am 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6728
The ST's have lost a few games for Miami this year. Today they won one. Without those booming punts, I don't think that 7 point lead would've held as long as it did. Also the coverage teams were pretty excellent after the opening return. I've beat them up pretty bad all season but today, outstanding job.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to the ST's
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 1106
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Congrats to Brandon Fields.

Quote:
But the offenses were so pitiful that Dolphins punter Brandon Fields was the MVP. He punted 10 times and averaged 56.4 yards, the greatest average since the NFL-AFL merger in 1970. And yet only one of Fields' punts landed inside the 20, illustrating how little each offense advanced.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to the ST's
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:08 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 5412
Location: Wellington, FL
Dan Carpenter & Brandon Fields must be pretty popular in that locker room....

Those 2 guys have done alot for this team...

_________________
Caution: Reply may contain sarcasm


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to the ST's
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:28 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4152
Location: The Bluegrass
10acjed wrote:
Dan Carpenter & Brandon Fields must be pretty popular in that locker room....

Those 2 guys have done alot for this team...


They may well be the best futbol tandem in the league. Fields helped out the defense today more than anything the offense did. He always gave them a long field with which to work. There was virtually no pressure on the defense due to field position all day. They can thank Fields for that.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to the ST's
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:36 am 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6728
hypocritex wrote:
Congrats to Brandon Fields.

Quote:
But the offenses were so pitiful that Dolphins punter Brandon Fields was the MVP. He punted 10 times and averaged 56.4 yards, the greatest average since the NFL-AFL merger in 1970. And yet only one of Fields' punts landed inside the 20, illustrating how little each offense advanced.


Does anyone know how many times he was standing in his own endzone? Geez this guy was freakin' unbelievable yesterday. Throw in the rain and this could have been one of the greatest punting shows the world has ever seen.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to the ST's
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:15 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4152
Location: The Bluegrass
NFLJunkie wrote:
hypocritex wrote:
Congrats to Brandon Fields.

Quote:
But the offenses were so pitiful that Dolphins punter Brandon Fields was the MVP. He punted 10 times and averaged 56.4 yards, the greatest average since the NFL-AFL merger in 1970. And yet only one of Fields' punts landed inside the 20, illustrating how little each offense advanced.


Does anyone know how many times he was standing in his own endzone? Geez this guy was freakin' unbelievable yesterday. Throw in the rain and this could have been one of the greatest punting shows the world has ever seen.


It IS the greatest punting performance ever. Even Primetime gave him props.

Without Fields we lose this game (sad as that is).

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to the ST's
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:25 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 4796
Too bad the Phins can't kick off as well as they punt.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to the ST's
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 4381
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Too bad you can't kick pass to your WRs... Fields would be in for Henne. It would be the Wildkitten offense


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r