View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ] 
 Help Wanted: Need college grade QB 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Help Wanted: Need college grade QB
1. Must be able to complete flat passes, or at least not miss by 20yds. Lil' Joey in his Sanchez Jersey should show up on the NFL stat sheet with 2 completions as Hennes passes sailed into the 3rd row despite wide open WRs.
2. Must have some cajones and not play like a scared little girl. IE...stand and deliver in the face of a rush.
3. Must be able to tell the difference between number 24 and the rest of the scrubs on the team. IE picking on Durelle Revis on 3rd down repeatedly shouldn't be on your resume....it will lower your Wunderlick score.
4. Must be able to take a snap from center and fake a handoff without losing the football. Especially in the red zone where 3 runs and a kick will increase the lead.
5. Must be able to run faster than Rex Ryan when being chased by a DE.
6. Must have a good field of vision. If you and the latest Kentucky Derby winner both have the same field of view, you need not apply.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:44 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Help Wanted: Need college grade QB
lol@ scared little girl.....

Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:48 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

:cry: Miami wins & people still cry. Unreal.

How fans of today would have hated watching the '72 perfect season.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:55 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Who is crying? I am certainly very happy that Miami won and beat the hated Jets. However, it is awfully hard to feel that Henne did much to silence his critics.

Henne completed 5 of 18 passes for 55 yards and a touchdown. Although he didn’t throw any interceptions, this was still one of his worst games of the season. He fumbled twice – once when being sacked and once while attempting a handoff – both of which were recovered by the Jets

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/12/12/1 ... z17xdEcgiJ

Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:59 am

Dphins4me wrote:

I watched the 72 season. Miami completely dominated the opponents it should have and the only close games were against good teams.

BTW...Miami didn't win this game. They simply didn't lose it. The Jets gave them the game. Dropped TD passes (2 by my count) possibly 3 if the guy catches the hot slant pass. Turnovers on their side of the field etc. Henne was simply pathetic. Anyone willing to excuse this kid need to learn football. If no mistakes is now the standard why not go the rest of the year with Ronnie Brown at QB.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:01 am

"scared little girl"...He started the game in the fetal position and ended it the same way. BTW..his second fumble ... no one touched the ball. It just slipped out of his hand.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:03 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Henne did not look good. At all. Again. I'm not going to trash to guy. But, we have to figure out a way to generate offense if we want a shot at beating our final 3 opponents. Starting with Buffalo.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:48 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

ummm ..thats funny...in the standings I see..I SEE ONLY WINS AND LOSSES...SORRY DONT SEE THE DIDN'T LOSE CATEGORY...how are we in that department...unreal....news flash we won the game!!!!!! we ended it with 2 sacks to take it...it was not handed to us...no ref call helped...we won..period!!! Do we need to see what possible upgrades and\or competition we can bring in for Henne this off season....HELL YES!!!...Is he nearly as bad as TSIFC wants you to believe...HELL NO !!!...good teas win when they don't play they're best....we have a long way to go to be good... but we are making progress....BTW Junkie didn't u state last week that the Jets had their franchise QB...how is that looking now ? :cry: :cry:

Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:20 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
1. Must be able to complete flat passes, or at least not miss by 20yds. Lil' Joey in his Sanchez Jersey should show up on the NFL stat sheet with 2 completions as Hennes passes sailed into the 3rd row despite wide open WRs.
2. Must have some cajones and not play like a scared little girl. IE...stand and deliver in the face of a rush.
3. Must be able to tell the difference between number 24 and the rest of the scrubs on the team. IE picking on Durelle Revis on 3rd down repeatedly shouldn't be on your resume....it will lower your Wunderlick score.
4. Must be able to take a snap from center and fake a handoff without losing the football. Especially in the red zone where 3 runs and a kick will increase the lead.
6. Must have a good field of vision. If you and the latest Kentucky Derby winner both have the same field of view, you need not apply.

Could you please change your username to Henne Sucks? Then you won't even have to title your threads.

We get it, you don't like Henne, and there are several like you in the forum. But this is getting very old. Please come up with a new player to bash so there can at least be a less tedious/fresh debate. How about the ground game or Brandon Marshall?

Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:30 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Dphins4me wrote:

I think we all like the W. However it is clear that if things stay status quo we are all in for more of the last 10 years in the next 10. It is a QB driven league & to think we still do not have our future franchise QB on the roster is pathetic. Im not sure if we land any of the college crop & quite frankly Im not sure the class is that good , Luck & Newton included. Look for us to pay an aging vet.
Just an opinion. Waiting to get shelled.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:49 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
How about the ground game or Brandon Marshall?

Criticizing the ground game in the way it deserves to be criticized would ruin his fantasy world where the only problem we have is Chad Henne.

At best, the running game has been completely inadequate virtually ALL SEASON.

But since many here won't even entertain the idea that Henne has been playing poorly largely because he hasn't had any support from the running game, we're stuck in "Henne is the TEH WURST QB EVAR!!!" land.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:42 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I am not saying anything.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:42 am

dolphan74 wrote:
ummm ..thats funny...in the standings I see..I SEE ONLY WINS AND LOSSES...SORRY DONT SEE THE DIDN'T LOSE CATEGORY...how are we in that department...unreal....news flash we won the game!!!!!! we ended it with 2 sacks to take it...it was not handed to us...no ref call helped...we won..period!!! Do we need to see what possible upgrades and\or competition we can bring in for Henne this off season....HELL YES!!!...Is he nearly as bad as TSIFC wants you to believe...HELL NO !!!...good teas win when they don't play they're best....we have a long way to go to be good... but we are making progress....BTW Junkie didn't u state last week that the Jets had their franchise QB...how is that looking now ? :cry: :cry:

First off, I have not waded into the Sanchez debates. However, Sanchez clearly is a better QB at this point. If Henne had thrown 2 perfect TD passes and they were simply dropped, I'd be dogging the WRs. Sanchez played good enough to win despite the turnovers. Miami won the game in spite of Henne.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:44 am

jammer wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Could you please change your username to Henne Sucks? Then you won't even have to title your threads.

We get it, you don't like Henne, and there are several like you in the forum. But this is getting very old. Please come up with a new player to bash so there can at least be a less tedious/fresh debate. How about the ground game or Brandon Marshall?

Sorry but there are still way too many Henne apologists on this website. It is time to cash in the chips on the season and play Thigpen the rest of the year. 55yds. 55 stinkin yards and 25 came on one play.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:46 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Chad Henne is an issue but so is the offensive line, the playcalling, the running backs and this supposedly very good receiving corp. It is tough to progress when those around you regress. Only the defense, punter and kicker improved this year. Special teams and the offense as a whole took a step back. Then again look at last year's draft and free agent signinings, most of the changes were in the defense. Time to spend a little cash and draft picks on the offensive side of the ball. And it is definitely time for a new offensive coordinator.

Last edited by Dolfanrar on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:13 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dolfanrar wrote:
Chad Henne is an issue but so is the offensive line, the playcalling, the running backs and this supposedly very good receiving corp. It is tough to progress when those around you regress. Only the defense, punter and kicker improved this year. Special teams and the offense as a whole took a step back. Then again look at last year's draft and free agent signinings, most of the changes were in the defense. Time to spend a little cash and draft picks on the offensive side of the ball, including the offensive coordinator.

I'd be willing to bet that as defense-heavy as our draft was last season, this draft will be as offense-heavy.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:18 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

eleaf wrote:
Dolfanrar wrote:
Chad Henne is an issue but so is the offensive line, the playcalling, the running backs and this supposedly very good receiving corp. It is tough to progress when those around you regress. Only the defense, punter and kicker improved this year. Special teams and the offense as a whole took a step back. Then again look at last year's draft and free agent signinings, most of the changes were in the defense. Time to spend a little cash and draft picks on the offensive side of the ball, including the offensive coordinator.

I'd be willing to bet that as defense-heavy as our draft was last season, this draft will be as offense-heavy.

Unfortunately we need more draft picks.

I am also disappointed at our receiver play. After watching Pitt and NE yesterday I am convinced that our receivers should be making more plays. Over and over I saw Roth and Brady throw passes that were not spot on and the receiver made very good if not great catches one after another. We have receivers who get both hands on the ball and then drop it.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:25 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

NFLJunkie wrote:
dolphan74 wrote:

First off, I have not waded into the Sanchez debates. However, Sanchez clearly is a better QB at this point. If Henne had thrown 2 perfect TD passes and they were simply dropped, I'd be dogging the WRs. Sanchez played good enough to win despite the turnovers. Miami won the game in spite of Henne.

yeah, he is awesome lol, check out the qb rating

Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:48 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

eleaf wrote:
jammer wrote:

Criticizing the ground game in the way it deserves to be criticized would ruin his fantasy world where the only problem we have is Chad Henne.

But since many here won't even entertain the idea that Henne has been playing poorly largely because he hasn't had any support from the running game, we're stuck in "Henne is the TEH WURST QB EVAR!!!" land.

Ronnie Brown had 55 yards by himself.
Ricky put the ground game over the top.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:54 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dolfanrar wrote:
eleaf wrote:
Dolfanrar wrote:

Unfortunately we need more draft picks.

I am also disappointed at our receiver play. After watching Pitt and NE yesterday I am convinced that our receivers should be making more plays. Over and over I saw Roth and Brady throw passes that were not spot on and the receiver made very good if not great catches one after another. We have receivers who get both hands on the ball and then drop it.

Which receivers have you been watching all season. Bess has transformed in to one of the top slot receivers in football in part because he catches virtually everything (along with running outstanding routes). Marshall has NEVER had a dropsies problem. Hartline too has been clutch. All year. Henne doesn't have multiple 300 yard games this season because our receivers have a drop problem.

Which receivers have been dropping balls all season?

Yesterday they had a bad day, but then again SO DID EVERYONE ON OFFENSE ON BOTH TEAMS. Did you not see the conditions? Did you not see Holmes drop a sure catch in the end zone? Did you not see Jets receivers dropping passes all day too? Sanchez was a dismal 17/44 (which is every bit as bad as Henne's 5/18).

Most people on this board need some perspective about our team, because you'd think we were replaying 2007 all over again. People make things up. "Conveniently" ignore major problems in order to beat up on our favorite whipping boys (Henne and Henning). Most people here are simultaneously seeing that which isn't there, and overemphasizing what is. Even when we win, according to our fans' reactions, we lose.

It's a sad state really.

The bottom line is that if you expected more than a ~.500 season, it has been you that is the problem all along.

Last edited by eleaf on Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:01 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ski_Money wrote:
eleaf wrote:
jammer wrote:

Ronnie Brown had 55 yards by himself.
Ricky put the ground game over the top.

RB had 55 yards on 16 carries (it's nice of you to conveniently omit that part). That's less production than Henne per play, AND he lost a fumble as well. Ricky too had a dismal 3.4 YPC average.

I'm not arguing that 55 yards for Henne is anywhere near adequate, but the entire team was bad yesterday, and it all starts with how bad the oline played.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:05 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ronnie Brown moved the ball 55 yards in 16 attempts. 1 Fumble lost

Chad Henne moved the ball 55 yards in 18 attempts. 2 Fumbles lost

Think we were better off running and punting all day then passing and punting.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:42 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

can't blame the run game in this one. I'd say that was a pretty good workmanlike effort against a great Jet defense.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:20 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The entire offense sucks. Receivers can't catch, runners can't run and blockers can't block. Nothing's right and it's the inconsistency of guy's in the line up. Marion Moore and Roberto Wallace? Lydon Murtha and Pat Mcquistan? Jerod Mastrud? Who are these guys? They are camp fodder that are playing a significant amount of time due to injuries and poor management upstairs (Jake Grove, Justin Smiley, Greg Camarillo, etc.)

Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:43 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Living in Patriots country I find it very interesting to hear Pats' fans take on the Dolphins.

Usually I expect the "Henne sucks" or "Soprano sucks" followed by the "Brady or Bellichick is God" comment. Its actually quite different. The Fins have been on TV quite a bit this season so the locals have had more than usual opportunity to see the product.

Their responses are often the following (of course paraphrasing):

"you guys need to get a real running back", "I think the Fins are a pretty good young team", "I don't think Henne is the problem", "if you guys only had a deep threat", "Wake is nasty", "the wildcat sucks this year huh".

Consider the source, a small percentage of an opposing fan base. But even they get the idea that ground game is awful and that the young QB is not getting a ton of help. They aren't anointing him the next great QB, but they have seen some positives. They also see that other flaws from other players are heavy contributors to the current record.

And for those saying the o-line is doing such a wonderful job keeping him upright and stop making excuses, perhaps its because opposing defenses realize that Henne actually beats the blitz and still struggles with where to throw in zone coverage. The Jets (game 1) and Raiders brought the house and he ripped them both to shreds. The New England game actually exposed that flaw.

If you don't believe in Henne then that is fine. But to make the guy a whipping boy isn't solving anything and proves you are missing out on other factors. Its a comprehensive failure. I even think Miami needs to bring in QB competition, but at least I can see its still a young guy struggling to find some consistency in his game and that there are multiple issues holding this team back.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:25 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Looks to me that Marshall is tied for 6th in the NFl with 7 drops. He also has missed some time. I also think these numbers are low as compared to what most people think should be caught versus the actual stat (just my opinion). In his defense he is also in the top 15 for passes thrown to and his numbers are actually comparable to Welker.

http://stats.nj.com/fb/leaders.asp?year=2010&range=NFL&rank=232&type=Receiving

NFL Leaders
Pass DroppedRank Player
1 Reggie Wayne Ind 10
2 Terrell Owens Cin 9
3t Brent Celek Phi 8
3t Stevie Johnson Buf 8
3t Chad Ochocinco Cin 8
6t Miles Austin Dal 7
6t Pierre Garcon Ind 7
6t Brandon Gibson StL 7
6t Tony Gonzalez Atl 7
6t Aaron Hernandez NE 7
6t Andre Johnson Hou 7
6t Brandon Marshall Mia 7
6t Wes Welker NE 7
14t Steve Breaston Ari 6
14t Arian Foster Hou 6
14t Devin Hester Chi 6
14t Fred Jackson Buf 6
14t Randy Moss Ten 6
14t Brandon Pettigrew Det 6
14t Steve Smith Car 6
14t Mike Williams TB 6

NFL Leaders

Targets (#Passes Thrown To)Rank Player

1 Roddy White Atl 153
2 Reggie Wayne Ind 151
3 Larry Fitzgerald Ari 143
4 Terrell Owens Cin 139
5 Brandon Lloyd Den 125
6 Chad Ochocinco Cin 122
7 Calvin Johnson Det 118
8 Marques Colston NO 115
9 Andre Johnson Hou 112
10t Stevie Johnson Buf 111
10t Santana Moss Was 111
10t Wes Welker NE 111
13 Dwayne Bowe KC 108
14 Mike Williams TB 105
15 Brandon Marshall Mia 104
16t Chris Cooley Was 101
16t Hakeem Nicks NYG 101
18 Jabar Gaffney Den 100
19 Greg Jennings GB 99
20 Danny Amendola StL 97

Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:30 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Iowafin wrote:
The entire offense sucks. Receivers can't catch, runners can't run and blockers can't block. Nothing's right and it's the inconsistency of guy's in the line up. Marion Moore and Roberto Wallace? Lydon Murtha and Pat Mcquistan? Jerod Mastrud? Who are these guys? They are camp fodder that are playing a significant amount of time due to injuries and poor management upstairs (Jake Grove, Justin Smiley, Greg Camarillo, etc.)

I still don't understand why we got rid of the line from last year. Very poor personnel moves from this team.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:34 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I've been in the wait and see group with Henne, but this week made me reconsider a little bit. He made some bad decisions and looked pretty bad at several points throughout the game. That handoff fumble in the redzone was just awful, him throwing it out of bounds over Bess' head was pretty bad as well.

However, the offensive line didn't play very well in pass protection and run blocking. I don't get how in year 3 under Sparano, a former O-line coach, we are still mixing and matching and trying to find consistency across the line.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:49 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

joeschmoe wrote:
I've been in the wait and see group with Henne, but this week made me reconsider a little bit. He made some bad decisions and looked pretty bad at several points throughout the game. That handoff fumble in the redzone was just awful, him throwing it out of bounds over Bess' head was pretty bad as well.

However, the offensive line didn't play very well in pass protection and run blocking. I don't get how in year 3 under Sparano, a former O-line coach, we are still mixing and matching and trying to find consistency across the line.

I still need an answer as to why he tore it down after Ronnie and Ricky BOTH ran for 1000 yards. Questioning the quality of coaching.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:15 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
can't blame the run game in this one. I'd say that was a pretty good workmanlike effort against a great Jet defense.

The only thing positive about the running game is that we stuck with it. Otherwise it was ugly.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:20 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphinjim wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

I still don't understand why we got rid of the line from last year. Very poor personnel moves from this team.

They couldn't stay healthy.

All of those guys are currently watching the NFL from their respective couches. No one wants them. It's time to move on.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]