View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Big Test This Sunday 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Big Test This Sunday
I'm hoping this doesn't turn into another thread of "Henne Sucks" vs "Learn Football!"

And I'll also preface it by saying one game does not mean everything. Lets face it, two weeks ago even many of the naysayers were back on board with Henne being the future and after this past weekend it was back to "get him outta here!"

This goes beyond Henne. Not sure there is a more pressure packed game for this team at this point. Going into NY against a heated rival who has the chance to officially kill your playoff chances.

If Henne puts up a good game against a good defense, under pressure, in tough conditions, knowing his job is on the line, then I think he does more to redeem himself then he did after the Oakland game when everyone was singing his praises. Doesn't erase the fact that Miami needs to bring in competition, but it will show he can bounce back against a very quality opponent.

The defense will have big chances. Even prior to Monday night, lady luck has not been with Sanchez recently. The running game is slowing and the weather is turning, meaning his flaws are amplified. If the secondary can CATCH THE BALL I think they are primed to make Sanchez continue to struggle. Remember the last time they played Miami whiffed on 3 possible interceptions (Langford, Allen, and I believe Bell). They weren't gimmes, but should have been made.

Brandon Marshall has to step up. If the Jets play man coverage again, he is going to have big opportunities. The key is the ground game. If they produce yards then the Jets will be forced to loosen up coverage on Marshall.

Maybe its corny that Sparano is having the team watch the Lombardi play for inspiration. But I remember in 2004, down 3 games to none against the Yanks, the Red Sox watched the movie Miracle as a team to understand that they control their fate. A lot of players came out afterward and said it worked.

Sorry for the rant, but playoffs or not, I think this game will go a long way in determining the fate and identity of this team.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:28 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Re: Big Test This Sunday
If so the Lombardi Movie comes too late. They HAD to beat the Browns last week and they folded their cards. Season is pretty much done. Even if the Jets lose 3 of their final 4 and Miami wins out. One of those 3 that the Jets have to lose is against Buffalo because their conference record is 7-2 verse Miami's 4-5. The Raiders and Colts both have better conference records as well. So I know people are trying to spin the hope on this season but this season is done. Miami is now playing for pride.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:29 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Not sure if Sunday is a big test. Even though we are still "mathematically" in it, last week's game was really the "must win" game. If we win out we'll be 10-6 and most potential playoff teams all ready own a tie-breaker with us.

We're playing for pride right now.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Big Dave wrote:
Not sure if Sunday is a big test.

Not really a test in terms of the playoff run as Miami has already positioned themselves to be in little control of that. This is a test to see if this team can bounce back against a quality opponent, something they haven't done this year. You can say the GB game but that was a very banged up roster.

To me this game will say a lot about this team's character and whether or not some players and coaches are permanent fixtures for the long term.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]