View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Missed opportunity 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Missed opportunity
With Baltimore and the Jets Losing, Miami might have had a shot at the playoffs if they had beaten the Browns. It is really too bad.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:02 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Missed opportunity
Sickening, but the reality is that Miami hasn't earned the right to be in the playoffs.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:21 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Just using the fact that alot of guys are bringing up - we are a young team. Well the Patriots have the youngest defense & while numbers & stats bear that out & say they are not good they manage to win. It is not always because they have Tom Brady either. As young as they are they seem to make plays at critical times. When we talk about how young we are as a team it is with the assumption that we will progress ... I am starting to wonder. Does anyone think the Patriot defense will regress?? They are sitting with a deck full of draft picks to be a made by a staff with a decent track record . no you dont hit on them all but their average is pretty good. They are playing in & winning meaningful games in December year after year while we are once again questioning our QB & our staff as well as a some other skilled positions. Its tiresome already & for all we get excited about in the off season (me included) really the outcome has not changed in quite a few years now.
Missed oppurtunity as the title of the thread says .... year after year now.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:50 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

FINesse wrote:
Just using the fact that alot of guys are bringing up - we are a young team. Well the Patriots have the youngest defense & while numbers & stats bear that out & say they are not good they manage to win. It is not always because they have Tom Brady either. As young as they are they seem to make plays at critical times. When we talk about how young we are as a team it is with the assumption that we will progress ... I am starting to wonder. Does anyone think the Patriot defense will regress?? They are sitting with a deck full of draft picks to be a made by a staff with a decent track record . no you dont hit on them all but their average is pretty good. They are playing in & winning meaningful games in December year after year while we are once again questioning our QB & our staff as well as a some other skilled positions. Its tiresome already & for all we get excited about in the off season (me included) really the outcome has not changed in quite a few years now.
Missed oppurtunity as the title of the thread says .... year after year now.

Young defense but it helps when you have Bellicheck building the defense.

We have Dan Henning building up a young offense.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:59 am

I agree Rich but I thouight Parcells would have more of a stamp on this team. Instead things did not go as planed after the first season under him & instead of manning up & fixing it he bailed.
In the end its the players who have to execute & ours cannot for the most part. Same old , same old. We got what we wished for & now we have to live with it.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:45 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I do agree Mitch, but when you have Tom Brady putting up points, the defense can just blitz and play zone while the other team is throwing trying to catch up. The Pats also have 3 picks in the top 33 this year, they know how to do it. It does start with Brady and proper game planning. We are so predictable on our 1st drive...2 runs pass punt.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:42 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I love the change the patriots made when it let go of Moss.
Now it's just an offense full of small, quick and shifty receivers.
Plus the 2 young tight ends. Seems like defenses are overwhelmed by all the weapons now,
And Brady doesnt need to force the ball to an againg diva anymore.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]