View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Henne has had nothing for WRs 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Henne has had nothing for WRs
compared to Sanchez or Ryan.

We have had no speed and still don't. Edwards and Holmes and now Coles are ALL faster than EVERYBODY we have. We have no team speed, and that's on the coaches. We had Ginn, anybody remember what Henne did to the Jets with Ginn last year? Uh huh. This NFL is built around speed. We have NONE. Roddy White another STUD WR. Tony Gonzalez a HALL OF FAME TE. And we give Henne Fasano? How is it fair to even compare these QBs? Marshall is our only legit weapon, but he is not fast at all. So we have slow WRs and a nothing TE. Yeah, way to set the QB up to fail Sparano and Ireland.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:54 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Henne has had nothing for WRs
Sorry forgot Cotchery, he is faster than anybody we have too. And so is Brad Smith. :cry:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:55 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

dolphinjim wrote:

We have had no speed and still don't. Edwards and Holmes and now Coles are ALL faster than EVERYBODY we have. We have no team speed, and that's on the coaches. We had Ginn, anybody remember what Henne did to the Jets with Ginn last year? Uh huh. This NFL is built around speed. We have NONE. Roddy White another STUD WR. Tony Gonzalez a HALL OF FAME TE. And we give Henne Fasano? How is it fair to even compare these QBs? Marshall is our only legit weapon, but he is not fast at all. So we have slow WRs and a nothing TE. Yeah, way to set the QB up to fail Sparano and Ireland.

:) and you act like you're so knowledgeable.
Dummest post ever. Marshall and Bess are pretty darn good.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:23 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

These threads are ridiculous. Forget about the comparisons already. Henne is not Sanchez , Ryan , Flacco or any of those guys. At least not right now. Face it , while its obvious he can play in this league right now at best he is an average QB. That is not a knock on him by the way but it is what it is. Until we can play in & win some meaningful games late in the season (you know the ones that the good teams win & start pulling away from the pack) he will never take the next step. Last season we had to wim 1 of the last 3 & we chocked , losing all 3. The writing might have been on the wall.
And by the way .... Bess , Hartline , Marshall , Fasano ... pretty good I think.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:37 pm

lets's blame the whole team. Just don't blame henne.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:38 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Wow Jim...I wish I could have seen the race where you got your data. That must have been awesome seeing how fast those guys were compared to our guys. WHere did they race? Did you take video? Lucky you.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:47 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

swerve13 wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:

and you act like you're so knowledgeable.

Might want to re-read his post. He is talking about speed. Neither Marshall or Bess would be considered speedster.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:29 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

dolphinjim wrote:
Sorry forgot Cotchery, he is faster than anybody we have too. And so is Brad Smith. :cry:

Yes...he did so well with Ted Ginn the fastest guy on either team. Please guy do you even read the drivel you post? The guy has BMarsh and the best slot guy in the business in Bess. Throw in Hartline and WR is not the problem. Missing wide open WR's by 10yds is the problem.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:48 am

Makchell wrote:
Wow Jim...I wish I could have seen the race where you got your data. That must have been awesome seeing how fast those guys were compared to our guys. WHere did they race? Did you take video? Lucky you.

ya, speed is everything in the NFL. Just ask Ted Ginn
He's having so much success

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:55 am

Dphins4me wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:

Might want to re-read his post. He is talking about speed. Neither Marshall or Bess would be considered speedster.

the title says we have nothing for wide receivers

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:57 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Hartline 40 - 4.52 (has been clocked at 4.45)
Marshall 40 - 4.56
Bess 40 - 4.69

Welker 40 - 4.55
Edwads 40 - 4.45
Holmes 40 - 4.35

And for the record...
Jerry Rice's 40 - 4.71

Besides for the other obvious arguments of speed not determining a good receiver (Heyward-Bey), this post is pretty stupid.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:00 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:

Yes...he did so well with Ted Ginn the fastest guy on either team. Please guy do you even read the drivel you post? The guy has BMarsh and the best slot guy in the business in Bess. Throw in Hartline and WR is not the problem. Missing wide open WR's by 10yds is the problem.

and this guy has the nerve to email me telling me I don't bring anything to the table.
Heed your own advice and stop emailing me.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:04 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Learn football guys, please!!!

Last edited by dolphinjim on Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:13 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Dphins4me wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:

Reading comprehension is a problem in this lobby, has been for a long time unfortunately.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:15 am

dolphinjim wrote:
Learn football Mackell, wish I could block you, shove your opinion kid.

can this guy just be removed already?
Apparently he knows everything and we know nothing.
So why doesnt he start his own site and call it "The Jim-nasium"

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:17 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

TheBigFish wrote:
Hartline 40 - 4.52 (has been clocked at 4.45)
Marshall 40 - 4.56
Bess 40 - 4.69

Welker 40 - 4.55
Edwads 40 - 4.45
Holmes 40 - 4.35

And for the record...
Jerry Rice's 40 - 4.71

Besides for the other obvious arguments of speed not determining a good receiver (Heyward-Bey), this post is pretty stupid.

40 times mean crap new kid. Most overrated stat in the NFL. Wow.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:21 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Makchell wrote:

I wish you were as smart as me, but that's why we dream I guess.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:23 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

dolphinjim wrote:

I agree that having a speed receiver to stretch the field for Henne would be nice, but that being said, Hartline had Joe Haden beat by a good bit and Henne badly under threw him and allowed Haden to come back and pick the pass off.

Brandon Marshall, Devone Bess and Hartline have been more than adequate for Henne this year. Fasano is not special, but he has been solid.

I know you are a Henne fan and I do like Chad as well. Dan Henning has not been a plus in regards to his development. But once again, his decision making has to improve.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:24 am

meds, meds, meds

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:25 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

phinsfansc wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:

I agree that having a speed receiver to stretch the field for Henne would be nice, but that being said, Hartline had Joe Haden beat by a good bit and Henne badly under threw him and allowed Haden to come back and pick the pass off.

Brandon Marshall, Devone Bess and Hartline have been more than adequate for Henne this year. Fasano is not special, but he has been solid.

I know you are a Henne fan and I do like Chad as well. Dan Henning has not been a plus in regards to his development. But once again, his decision making has to improve.

I totally agree, he needs work. I just hope Sparano doesn't listen to the uneducated masses and gives up on him before he gets that chance. I have seen plenty of good things from him to give him another year.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:27 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yawn.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:45 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I agree that a speedy receiver would be ideal for this offense. I still scratch my head over the Ginn trade, I think his value would have been HUGE for this squad, and a 5th round pick was a poor compensation for some one who had to be covered. Yes, our WRs are above average, and Marshall and Bess are studs, but if their window is only a 10 by 53 yard patch of the field, then the field is not stretched at all. A speedster like Mike Wallace or Ginn would be huge, especially on 4 WR sets. Thats all that would be needed really, a #4 average receiver with speed....

Not to use Madden as an indicator, but on Madden, the fastest Dolphin on the roster is Nolan Carroll, and even then he is rated at a 93. While this is no indication of anything in the real NFL..... it is a fact that a one trick pony go-route #4 WR could be a vital piece to the passing game....

Brandon Tate is the Patriots deep threat, while he isnt a top producer, you still have to acknowledge his presence. Mike Wallace, catches 3 passes a game, but his avg is like 30 per reception, HUGE. Look at Santonio Holmes, I mean, yes he is more complete than most speedsters, but wow can he fly. Anthony Armstrong for Washington, same situation. Manningham with the Giants. DeSean Jackson.... any of these guys. While some are top producers, some are mere role players, but even their presence opens up options...

Right now, we have 3 VERY good Possesion receivers.... add a speedster to the mix and those possesion guys become that much better. In that aspect alone, it is worth addressing... Now is it worth going out and paying big money for one? absolutely not!! But if we could get an average talented young speedster in FA or draft a mid-late round speedster i would fully approve.

I think Manningham is a FA this coming offseason.... I would really like to add him, but i dont think the Giants will let him escape.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:50 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

dolphinjim wrote:

Learn to respect differing opinions, please.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:51 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Rich wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:

Learn to respect differing opinions, please.

I can respect LUCID, INTELLIGENT differing opinions. What I cannot respect are the constant, "henne sucks" threads. They are not well thought out and very irritating day after day. Instead of saying "Henne sucks" etc. how about come up with an alternate plan?

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:04 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

SkyHigh314 wrote:

Brandon Tate is the Patriots deep threat, while he isnt a top producer, you still have to acknowledge his presence. Mike Wallace, catches 3 passes a game, but his avg is like 30 per reception, HUGE. Look at Santonio Holmes, I mean, yes he is more complete than most speedsters, but wow can he fly. Anthony Armstrong for Washington, same situation. .
To think Miami could have had either Wallace or Tate with their Pat White pick.

Armstrong has been in camp with Miami for two years.
Quote:
After the Arena season, Armstrong was signed with the Miami Dolphins’ practice squad as an unrestricted free agent on July 25, 2008.[1] He stayed on the practice squad the entire season and the 2009 preseason, but was waived August 29, 2009. He signed with the Washington Redskins on October 21, 2009 and spent the final 10 weeks on the Redskins’ practice squad.

SkyHigh314 wrote:
I think Manningham is a FA this coming offseason....
Sorry, but Manningham is only in his 3rd Yr. He is not a FA.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:05 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Isn't it frustrating how we continually give up on young talent only to see them flourish somewhere else? We have no idea how to judge talent.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:08 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

dolphinjim wrote:

Instead of saying "Henne sucks" etc. how about come up with an alternate plan?
FYI, people that write "sucks" or "Loser" are either a 15 Yr old or someone who cannot conjure up an intellectual thought. That is the best they have.

Entering into a discussion will not garner you anything worth your time.

Last edited by Dphins4me on Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:10 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Dphins4me wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:

Instead of saying "Henne sucks" etc. how about come up with an alternate plan?
FYI, people that write "sucks" or "Loser" are either a 15 Yr old or someone who cannot conjure up an intellectual though. That is the best they have.

Entering into a discussion will not garner you anything worth your time.

Exactly right! That is why they end up on my ignore list. I don't care to read that drivel any more.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:16 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Don't forget to check your PM Jim. Have a good one!

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:19 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

dolphinjim wrote:
Isn't it frustrating how we continually give up on young talent only to see them flourish somewhere else? We have no idea how to judge talent.

Its how most Miami fans like it. Just like some people do want to be healthy, because it would not give them anything to complain about.

If a player is not headed to the HOF after game 2 of their career, then they "suck" & need to be gotten rid of. That way when they do develop & its on another team they then get to complain about stupid Miami was to let him go.

Miami fans favorite phrase is "blow this up & start over"

They could not wait to run Mike Murlarkey out of town, because well "he sucks" Guy goes to Atlanta & develops Matt Ryan into a blossoming star & has their offense clicking. Miami still dealing with suckage from their players & coaching staff.

Miami fans could not wait to run Don Capers out of town, because well "he sucks" Guy goes to Green Bay & has turned them into one of the better D's in the NFL & has one of the rising stars in the NFL. Miami still dealing with suckage from their players & coaching

Miami fans could not wait to run Cam Cameron out of town, because well "he sucks". Guy goes to Baltimore & has one of the better offensive in the NFL. develops Joe Flacco into a blossoming star & has their offense clicking. Miami still dealing with suckage from their players & coaching staff.

See that is how they like it. They enjoy constant turnover, because that is how you assure yourself of never winning in the NFL.

Where you have teams like the Pittsburgh Steelers who have had 3 HC since 1969 & have won 6 Super Bowls in that time frame, plus been a threat to get there many other times. Miami could never stand for something like that. It took Bill Cowher ( Some Miami fans dream coach ) 14 Yrs before he could win a SB. Miami fans would have wanted him fired, because of his failures the 14 seasons before.

Hope this helps you into the mind set of Miami Dolphins fans.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:24 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Dphins4me wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:

Its how most Miami fans like it. Just like some people do want to be healthy, because it would not give them anything to complain about.

If a player is not headed to the HOF after game 2 of their career, then they "suck" & need to be gotten rid of. That way when they do develop & its on another team they then get to complain about stupid Miami was to let him go.

Miami fans favorite phrase is "blow this up & start over"

They could not wait to run Mike Murlarkey out of town, because well "he sucks" Guy goes to Atlanta & develops Matt Ryan into a blossoming star & has their offense clicking. Miami still dealing with suckage from their players & coaching staff.

Miami fans could not wait to run Don Capers out of town, because well "he sucks" Guy goes to Green Bay & has turned them into one of the better D's in the NFL & has one of the rising stars in the NFL. Miami still dealing with suckage from their players & coaching

Miami fans could not wait to run Cam Cameron out of town, because well "he sucks". Guy goes to Baltimore & has one of the better offensive in the NFL. develops Joe Flacco into a blossoming star & has their offense clicking. Miami still dealing with suckage from their players & coaching staff.

See that is how they like it. They enjoy constant turnover, because that is how you assure yourself of never winning in the NFL.

Where you have teams like the Pittsburgh Steelers who have had 3 HC since 1969 & have won 6 Super Bowls in that time frame, plus been a threat to get there many other times. Miami could never stand for something like that. It took Bill Cowher ( Some Miami fans dream coach ) 14 Yrs before he could win a SB. Miami fans would have wanted him fired, because of his failures the 14 seasons before.

Hope this helps you into the mind set of Miami Dolphins fans.

At last!!! An intelligent fan! I knew there was such thing! Welcome to my friend list lol!

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:26 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:

Off topic but its kind of funny when you label something "dummest" but you spell dumbest wrong. Sorry, I thought it was funny.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:27 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

OK, class is in session. I am looking at the top 5 WRs in the NFL in yardage.

Brandon Lloyd
Roddy White
Reggie Wayne
Andre Johnson
T.O.

What do they have in common??? They are FAST. They all have straight line speed. They run past the defense. We don't have a guy like that. We have possession WRs. Without somebody to stretch the field, the D can just squat on the routes. We don't scare anybody. Why we refuse to acknowledge this year after year is a mystery.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:36 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Makchell wrote:
Don't forget to check your PM Jim. Have a good one!

Nothing there?

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:38 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Check it again.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:49 am

dolphinjim wrote:
OK, class is in session. I am looking at the top 5 WRs in the NFL in yardage.

Brandon Lloyd
Roddy White
Reggie Wayne
Andre Johnson
T.O.

What do they have in common??? They are FAST. They all have straight line speed. They run past the defense. We don't have a guy like that. We have possession WRs. Without somebody to stretch the field, the D can just squat on the routes. We don't scare anybody. Why we refuse to acknowledge this year after year is a mystery.

God I feel so educated now........so blessed!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:53 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Off topic but its kind of funny when you label something "dummest" but you spell dumbest wrong. Sorry, I thought it was funny.

:embarrassed:

Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:01 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Hartline is pretty fast man. He routinly beats his coverage. Remember against Cleveland the play he had to stop and come back on a go? Remember Marshall's deep ball(s) he had to stop running to catch? Our corps of recievers get all the seperation they need. This crap is on Henne. He has 4-6 secs every dang play. Any QB with that kind of time should be able to lite up the score board with our WRs.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:52 pm

I will agree that I have never seen marshall run deep routes. In Miami or Denver. What's the deal with that? And why don't we feature him in the red zone like the Giants use to do with Plaxico?
Marshall's like 6'5"

seems like we don't utilize his skill set enough.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:03 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Marshall has run deep a lot actually. I can recall some huge and should have been huge plays from him. I recall the famous "not finishing" deep ball against the Jets where he failed to take it in. "fatigue"

I think the red zone issue with Marshall is a certain somebody leery of throwing a jump ball. It just seems to me that our QB is responsible for failures.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next