View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ] 
 Fire Dan Henning before season ends 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Fire Dan Henning before season ends
Honestly, I cannot think of a single reason why the move shouldn't be made right now. He'll be gone by next season anyway. Get David Lee in there and see what he has.

The season is over, so what's a rough transition phase? Give Lee a chance to show he can utilize Henne and some experience as a coordinator.

If you look at the top QB's, most of them have OC's who work with them. Dan Henning clearly spends no time with Henne. He's just a play caller. I'd like to see a play caller who works with Henne on a day to day basis and see if we can better utilize him.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:41 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Fire Dan Henning before season ends
Get a new QB that can hit a wide open WR instead of the CB two yards behind him while we are at it...

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:24 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

10acjed wrote:
Get a new QB that can hit a wide open WR instead of the CB two yards behind him while we are at it...

I have to say that was probably the most painful Henne pass of the season. When I saw the step Hartline had on him I was jumping off of my couch. Just gut-wrenching.

With the playoffs done it wouldn't necessarily hurt to see what David Lee has.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:37 pm

All of us at that game today will tell you it was not on Henning .... Henne was just awful.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:38 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Well with the playoffs pretty much lost, and draft position on the line, I say start Tyler the rest of the way and see what we got on the roster before moving in to the draft. Pennington is not coming back so we already know a QB is coming. It's just a matter of how high we take one.

Henning is gone after the season, but firing him mid-season is not the answer either. David Lee should take over within 5 mins of the loss @NE.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:39 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

FINesse wrote:
All of us at that game today will tell you it was not on Henning .... Henne was just awful.

Getting cute on 3rd and short with passes instead of doing what works. Running it on 3rd and 10 or in the 2 minute offense. Henning was part of the problem as well.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:41 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

All of us at that game today will tell you it was not on Henning .... Henne was just awful

Wow! Maybe I do know a little about football! Henning's playcalling was questionable as well. Henne was horrible though, sorry lovers.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:46 pm

Makchell wrote:
All of us at that game today will tell you it was not on Henning .... Henne was just awful

Wow! Maybe I do know a little about football! Henning's playcalling was questionable as well. Henne was horrible though, sorry lovers.

Who are these "lovers" you speak of?

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:50 pm

Rich wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Why would you even want to know, Rich?!?!? Keep that to yourself Mak!
:ann0y:

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:51 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'm still replaying that Ricky butt jiggle play

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:52 pm

Ski_Money wrote:
I'm still replaying that Ricky butt jiggle play

Dude......
:)

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:54 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Anyone that is blind to the fact that Henne isn't cutting it right now. Some posters are called "stupid" dumb...forget it I'll call him them out...Finhead and dolphinjim for starters. I'm sure there are more, but people that question Henne are called bridgejumpers and their football IQ gets degraded by the latter. I'll say my disclaimer...As of right now, Henne does not seem to be the future. Could that change in the future with a new OC? Maybe. I was actually happy to see the wildcat today and that's sad.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:57 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Objectively speaking, when Henne is on, he is great. The problem is, you never know what kind of Henne you're going to get. He doesn't have the pedigree to justify a "bad season" like the Marino's and Manning's etc are sometimes allowed. I love him when he is on, but he is really inconsistent. I think he will do until we replace him, but we must always be actively seeking a Marino or Manning etc. We really are a good QB and an interior OL or 2 away from running this place. We don't have the best D in the league, but it is playoff ready. Nolan is a keeper, and most of the rookies are keepers. We just have to send all the DBs to Ball Catching camp.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:03 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Let's start by not throwing a pick next week....man, every week he throws a pick and it kills us. Whether directly or indirectly. Teams follow the QB, good or bad. It's a passing league and the good teams have good passers. Of course there are other reasons as well, but fo the most part teams with 1st rd QB are winning. Maybe it's time to draft a QB inthe 1st rd. Trade up if there is a stud. Man, Ronnie for Rodgers....Long for Ryan. Hind sight is always 20/20, but......

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:20 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I had forgotten about Kory Sheets still being on the roster. May be ok at RB if we lose one of the Rs.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:26 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
Let's start by not throwing a pick next week....man, every week he throws a pick and it kills us. Whether directly or indirectly. Teams follow the QB, good or bad. It's a passing league and the good teams have good passers. Of course there are other reasons as well, but fo the most part teams with 1st rd QB are winning. Maybe it's time to draft a QB inthe 1st rd. Trade up if there is a stud. Man, Ronnie for Rodgers....Long for Ryan. Hind sight is always 20/20, but......

Agreed that ball protection has to be a priority.

Just remember that Rodgers was still riding the pine in year 3 of his career and was a bigger question mark than Henne is now. Not sure he would have done much had he been thrown into the fire in Miami.

Long for Ryan? Sorry I can't agree. Long is already elite. Ryan is getting there but that franchise left tackle is so hard to find and guys like Long and Thomas are rarity sure things. If you had said I wish Miami dealt both 2nd rounders and something else to move up for Flacco then maybe you could start playing the hindsight game.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:44 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Playcalling didn't lose the game today. According to Henne (Hyde's article), he had the pass/run option and chose run.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:33 pm

Makchell wrote:
Playcalling didn't lose the game today. According to Henne (Hyde's article), he had the pass/run option and chose run.

Why would you even give him a pass/run option though? Why not pass/pass??

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:41 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Mak: You consider me a "lover" for what reasons? I think my postings are pretty realistic and although I dont completely trump Henne as being the future of the Miami franchise, I am also agreeing that they need to plan accordingly for the future as Henne's inconsistency has drawn a lack of trust.

And I do stand behind my Cliff Jumping comments because its true, right after a loss people are at their best with negativity and the end of the world comments. I think its funny. Whats not funny is of course watching our team struggle and not make it to the playoffs another year and the uncertainty that lies ahead at the QB position.

So do not throw me into the lover category on Chad Henne, I am just staying reserved because there is still a very good chance he will have another shot at staying or being the QB to start next season and you try and be as supportive as you can and hope the best decisions are made for the future of this ball club.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:42 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Henning might not have called a brilliant game, but with Henne's boneheaded play...even a good drive ends in a turnover. Henne also held the ball forever...I know he wanted to make a play, but dude....if it isn't there....throw it away and let's move on. Sacks and one yard QB runs aren't the answer.

Henne sucks....another season where he will most likely have more INT's than TD's....that has to stop for this team to win.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:44 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Mak: You consider me a "lover" for what reasons? I think my postings are pretty realistic and although I dont completely trump Henne as being the future of the Miami franchise, I am also agreeing that they need to plan accordingly for the future as Henne's inconsistency has drawn a lack of trust.

And I do stand behind my Cliff Jumping comments because its true, right after a loss people are at their best with negativity and the end of the world comments. I think its funny. Whats not funny is of course watching our team struggle and not make it to the playoffs another year and the uncertainty that lies ahead at the QB position.

So do not throw me into the lover category on Chad Henne, I am just staying reserved because there is still a very good chance he will have another shot at staying or being the QB to start next season and you try and be as supportive as you can and hope the best decisions are made for the future of this ball club.

Fair enough.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:27 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Henne is a career backup....he is not accurate, can't make decisions quickly enough (unless the decision is a bad one), he throws a stupid INT pretty much every week, he has no mobility....and the list goes on. Now I am not sure at all about Henning. I thought his play calling was pretty bad, but if your QB isn't NFL caliber...it does limit your options.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:31 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Because even on 3rd and 8 sometimes a run is EXACTLY what you want to do.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:57 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yep...if Henne is your QB, a run is probably what you want to do. :)

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:00 am

eleaf wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Because even on 3rd and 8 sometimes a run is EXACTLY what you want to do.

It was 3rd and 10 from the 25. You were in FG range already....why run the ball?

If we were at the 35, OK. But we're already in range for a FG. Whether it's a 42 yarder or a 35 yarder, Carp is going to hit that either way. A run was useless.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:42 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Henne has been handcuffed all season by Henning's strange, bizarre playcalling. Couple that with the fact that we have the slowest WR corps in the NFL and what do you expect? I admit he made some bad throws, probably hasn't practiced that deep ball too much, since we don't have a WR since Ginn who can actually GET deep.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:03 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phins Rock wrote:
Honestly, I cannot think of a single reason why the move shouldn't be made right now. He'll be gone by next season anyway. Get David Lee in there and see what he has.

The season is over, so what's a rough transition phase? Give Lee a chance to show he can utilize Henne and some experience as a coordinator.

If you look at the top QB's, most of them have OC's who work with them. Dan Henning clearly spends no time with Henne. He's just a play caller. I'd like to see a play caller who works with Henne on a day to day basis and see if we can better utilize him.

I am usually not for moves like this but this time I agree! Get rid of Henning, promote David Lee, and name CHAD PENNINGTON the new QBs coach :grin:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Or hire Josh McDaniels :)

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:02 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Ski_Money wrote:
Or hire Josh McDaniels :)

It is not that funny. Cam Cameron was a crappy head coach but no one is laughing at him as an O-Coordinator in Baltimore.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:29 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I think Nolan and Marshall would both have to go for Josh to come in.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:05 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Quote:
promote David Lee
.... because Miami QB's have been so stellar no doubt. I'm wondering who is responsible for turning a young, cannon for an arm QB into a noodle arm in less than one season. Yeah..that would be Lee.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:14 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
Quote:
promote David Lee
.... because Miami QB's have been so stellar no doubt. I'm wondering who is responsible for turning a young, cannon for an arm QB into a noodle arm in less than one season. Yeah..that would be Lee.

David Lee's introduction of the wildcat saved the 2008 season and made an overachieving squad appear better than they really were. I think the guy has done a pretty decent job. Henne may struggle with some accuracy consistency but he is making throws he never made before when it was all fastballs.

Half the reason I still believe in Henne is that I've seen him make throws that only a few other QBs in this league can make look so good. I credit Lee with that.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:07 pm
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

10acjed wrote:

LOL

sad but true !!!

I wish the metallica song could be embedded!

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]