View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Our best option might be to acquire Carson Palmer 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Our best option might be to acquire Carson Palmer
I keep hearing Mike Brown might dismantle them.
Decide to go with Locker or mallet and cut bait with Palmer.
I know he's not the same player he used to be, but I feel for him when I watch Cincy.
He's surrounded by undisciplined players. He could use a change and I could see him flourishing in our offense. He can still get that ball to Owens deep.
He could work for us. At least for a couple seasons while we find someone in the draft.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:20 am
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

Post Re: Our best option might be to acquire Carson Palmer
swerve13 wrote:
I know he's not the same player he used to be, but I feel for him when I watch Cincy.
He's surrounded by undisciplined players. He could use a change and I could see him flourishing in our offense. He can still get that ball to Owens deep.
He could work for us. At least for a couple seasons while we find someone in the draft.

Carson Palmer is your answer? OOOOOoooooooookay.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:48 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dphins4me wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Carson Palmer is your answer? OOOOOoooooooookay.

and Chad Henne is yours? go to sleep

Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:00 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I'll take 20 touchdowns and 15 interceptions over 12 touchdowns and 15 interceptions any day.
I didnt say he was a great option. Just said he may be our best option right now.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:05 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
I'll take 20 touchdowns and 15 interceptions over 12 touchdowns and 15 interceptions any day.
I didnt say he was a great option. Just said he may be our best option right now.

Which "offense" is it you think Carson would shine under? Henning will more than likely be gone at the end of the season. Major changes are coming at RB. They're obviously still not done messing with the O-Line.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:08 am
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

swerve13 wrote:

Between the two. I'll take Henne going forward.

swerve13 wrote:

So you are telling me a QB with X amount of more experience with that slight of a difference & the fact we know that 5 or 6 of Henne Int are not a direct result of him.

I'll take the young guy.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:12 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:

Palmer is lucky that he doesn't have over 20 picks already, and I've heard plenty of analysts back that up.

One of his biggest problems is he can't hit the deep pass anymore. He under threw guys so badly in the Miami game that he was lucky he didn't have 4 picks.

Palmer may need a fresh start, but I'll take another year of Henne because I fear what Palmer would look like without an all star receiving cast.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:47 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Palmer is lucky that he doesn't have over 20 picks already, and I've heard plenty of analysts back that up.

One of his biggest problems is he can't hit the deep pass anymore. He under threw guys so badly in the Miami game that he was lucky he didn't have 4 picks.

Palmer may need a fresh start, but I'll take another year of Henne because I fear what Palmer would look like without an all star receiving cast.

Palmer can't hit the deep pass?
Have you seen Terrell Owens highlights on ESPN this year?
Can't remember seeing Henne doing that this year.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:49 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Palmer would end up a cripple if he played a season behind our offensive line.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:57 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Dphins4me wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Between the two. I'll take Henne going forward.

swerve13 wrote:

So you are telling me a QB with X amount of more experience with that slight of a difference & the fact we know that 5 or 6 of Henne Int are not a direct result of him.

I'll take the young guy.

Carson Palmer wouldn't have missed a wide open Hartline yesterday. Sorry....that's a pop warner throw. Henne is done in Miami simply because he misses most of those throws.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:08 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Our OL > There OL I think.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

FrustratedFinFan wrote:

Please. Our OL gave Henne more time than any QB before him. Sorry this is just simple basic you gotta make plays in the passing game. Henne doesn't.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:10 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Henne sacked 17 times

Palmer sacked 23 times

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:11 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:

Your taking ESPN highlights to judge a QB? ESPN highlights could make Matt Moore look like Tom Brady.

I'm judging Palmer on each of the games I have seen him play this season. In each game he has made bad decisions, run his stats up in garbage time, and under throw the deep ball badly. Has he hit on a few? Sure. I've also seen Henne hit on deep balls to his receivers and I've seen him severely under throw some.

Maybe Palmer is just having an off year, but when you have a lingering throwing arm issue and are missing on a lot of your throws it is a major concern. If he wants to come to Miami and be Chad Pennington then fine, but he isn't going to suddenly make this offense vertical.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:12 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
Carson Palmer wouldn't have missed a wide open Hartline yesterday. Sorry....that's a pop warner throw. Henne is done in Miami simply because he misses most of those throws.

Actually he might have and has done the same thing in the Miami game. Only Clemons dropped the Int, it ended up in Owens' hands and Palmer gets credited with a deep TD pass.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:15 pm

jammer wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Actually he might have and has done the same thing in the Miami game. Only Clemons dropped the Int, it ended up in Owens' hands and Palmer gets credited with a deep TD pass.
Owen's wasn't open by 5 full yards. That was an agregious throw by Henne. I coached pop warner for a few years and had kids that could hit that throw 80% of the time with people in their face.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:21 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

What about Kevin Kolb? Word is Philly will look to resign Vick and send Kolb to the highest bidder.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:25 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
Owen's wasn't open by 5 full yards. That was an agregious throw by Henne. I coached pop warner for a few years and had kids that could hit that throw 80% of the time with people in their face.

You have pop warner kids hitting 50 yard bombs? Can you ship me whatever water they are drinking?

All kidding aside, no one is arguing that wasn't a horrendous throw by Henne. I'm saying that Carson Palmer is not any sort of an answer in Miami other than a one year bridge, and he is not going to make this team a vertical threat. A lot of QBs miss deep throws. That one just seems worse because we as fans want Henne to succeed so badly and that was a chance to bring some serious hope.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:41 pm
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

NFLJunkie wrote:

I know, any QB not on Miami never throws a bad pass. Joe Flacco did not bounce a 4th & 2 pass to his RB that would have given Balt a first down on the game ending drive last night either. A pass that was much, much easier to complete than one 45 Yds down field. BTW his back was more wide open last night than Hartline.

BTW, have you watch every Cincy game this year to know Palmer has never missed on a deep throw? If not, then you actually cannot make that comment & know it is the least bit accurate.
Go ask Cincy fans what they think of Palmer's play.

Cincy is 2-10 & Palmer is a part of that.

Plus everyone is ticked at Henne because they thought Miami was going to the playoffs. Cincy is a team that won their division last year & is now 2-10. So Palmer is a part of that decline.

Plus I read something the other day where someone was speaking about how horrible Palmer actually was this year. If Cincy is willing to move a franchise QB, then its because he is no longer considered a franchise QB. Plus Palmer is 31 & on the decline.

I'll pass. Would rather take my chances with Henne developing with another off season to grow.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:48 pm
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

jammer wrote:

Thanks I forgot about that one. It amaze me how Miami fans tend to forget the bad things other teams do.

jammer wrote:

You have pop warner kids hitting 50 yard bombs? Can you ship me whatever water they are drinking?.
Actually Junkie is just making stuff up.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:51 pm

I had a 12 year old that could throw the ball 60yds easy. Of course he never would've made the NFL because he never got taller than Doug Flutie. The point is simple guys - I could've made that throw and it wasn't 50yds. Had he thrown it 50yds it would've been 6. In any case it isn't just that throw...its about 7-8 throws like that in a game, or plays he simply doesn't make. You can make excuses for him all you want and you'll be forever satisfied with 8-8 because that is what Henne is going to give you in a good year.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:02 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I still think this team is going 7-9 or worse. The Lions game might be our best chance for that 7th win.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:04 pm
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

NFLJunkie wrote:
I had a 12 year old that could throw the ball 60yds easy.
Throwing it standing there & throwing it when someone is trying to sack you & cover the WR are two different thing. I hope you know that. I know people that can kick 50 Yd FG, until they put 11 men out there to block it.

NFLJunkie wrote:
Of course he never would've made the NFL because he never got taller than Doug Flutie. The point is simple guys - I could've made that throw and it wasn't 50yds. Had he thrown it 50yds it would've been 6. In any case it isn't just that throw...its about 7-8 throws like that in a game, or plays he simply doesn't make. You can make excuses for him all you want and you'll be forever satisfied with 8-8 because that is what Henne is going to give you in a good year.

Are you telling me that every QB does not have 7/8 throws a game that they would not want back? I've watch every QB in the NFL past & present overthrow wideopen Wr. underthrow wideopen Wr. Henne is no different. The longer the pass the more incomplete you get.

You maybe right, but you maybe wrong. I believe Henne can develop. He has the work ethic, has the brains.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:15 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:

Please. Our OL gave Henne more time than any QB before him. Sorry this is just simple basic you gotta make plays in the passing game. Henne doesn't.

absolutely right. I've never seen better pass protection in Miami.
Any quarterback would love to have that kind of time to throw.
You could give henne 4 minutes every snap and he would still screw it up.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:41 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Your taking ESPN highlights to judge a QB? ESPN highlights could make Matt Moore look like Tom Brady.

I'm judging Palmer on each of the games I have seen him play this season. In each game he has made bad decisions, run his stats up in garbage time, and under throw the deep ball badly. Has he hit on a few? Sure. I've also seen Henne hit on deep balls to his receivers and I've seen him severely under throw some.

Maybe Palmer is just having an off year, but when you have a lingering throwing arm issue and are missing on a lot of your throws it is a major concern. If he wants to come to Miami and be Chad Pennington then fine, but he isn't going to suddenly make this offense vertical.

Why not? Cincy has been pretty vertical this year.
Like I said when I posted this, I don't think Palmer is great by any means,
But is he still a top 15 quarterback? Yes.
I'll take him for 2 seasons. Better than what we got now.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:44 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phin wrote:
What about Kevin Kolb? Word is Philly will look to resign Vick and send Kolb to the highest bidder.

No thanks. Kolb looks like a glorified John Beck.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:46 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dphins4me wrote:
jammer wrote:

Thanks I forgot about that one. It amaze me how Miami fans tend to forget the bad things other teams do.

jammer wrote:

You have pop warner kids hitting 50 yard bombs? Can you ship me whatever water they are drinking?.
Actually Junkie is just making stuff up.

Palmer also had 2 TD's in that game.
Surprise! Henne had none.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:50 pm

What I'm saying to you is Henne leaves way too many plays on the field. Yesterday was a prime example of that. Furthermore, he makes too many mistakes for a conservative game manager. On your sorry excuse for an NFL QB not hitting a wide open target - I ain't buying it. High School QB's make that throw 80% of the time...with guys trying to sack them and guys covering. Henne has missed those throws all season are RARELY makes one. I'm sure Henne will be "serviceable" one day in the realm of a Trent Dilfer but he's not the guy who is going to hoist this team on his shoulders and carry it.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:57 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:
Phin wrote:

Im not one to argue if Kolb is right or wrong at this point in time, but that is quite possibly the most ridiculous statement I've heard on these forums in quite some time. Seriously, that is just plain ridiculous.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:00 pm
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

swerve13 wrote:

Palmer also had 2 TD's in that game.
Surprise! Henne had none.

One of those TD was an underthrown pass that Clemons tipped several times until he tipped into the hands of Owens?

So does that make Palmer better because Clemons can't catch?

Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:04 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phin wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
Phin wrote:

Im not one to argue if Kolb is right or wrong at this point in time, but that is quite possibly the most ridiculous statement I've heard on these forums in quite some time. Seriously, that is just plain ridiculous.

why is it ridiculous? What has Kolb ever done?
Andy Reid has invested 3 years in him and gave up on him pretty darn quick in the season where Kolb was suppose to be the man.
He's too small and comes from a school that's known for failures at the NFL level. (see. Andre Ware and David Klingler)
You're the one saying ridiculous things.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:29 pm
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

swerve13 wrote:

why is it ridiculous? What has Kolb ever done?
Andy Reid has invested 3 years in him and gave up on him pretty darn quick in the season where Kolb was suppose to be the man.
In fairness. Vick did step in & play lights out.

swerve13 wrote:

He's too small and comes from a school that's known for failures at the NFL level. (see. Andre Ware and David Klingler)
You're the one saying ridiculous things.
What do you mean by small? He is 6'3" That is perfect size for a QB.

Those Qb failures were 20 Yrs ago.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:18 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

NFLJunkie wrote:
What I'm saying to you is Henne leaves way too many plays on the field. Yesterday was a prime example of that. Furthermore, he makes too many mistakes for a conservative game manager. On your sorry excuse for an NFL QB not hitting a wide open target - I ain't buying it. High School QB's make that throw 80% of the time...with guys trying to sack them and guys covering. Henne has missed those throws all season are RARELY makes one. I'm sure Henne will be "serviceable" one day in the realm of a Trent Dilfer but he's not the guy who is going to hoist this team on his shoulders and carry it.

please stop with the whole 80% thing. you sound ridiculous.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:20 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

OMG can we not take any more retreads.....

Palmer is done... useless and would simple have us all bitching our heads off within 5 games

Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:24 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:

.... or the fans that forget the bad things that their own players do ....

Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:36 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:

That is impossible because every bad thing a Miami player does is discussed in depth to point of insanity.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:52 pm

MTFan wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

please stop with the whole 80% thing. you sound ridiculous.

Not nearly as ridiculous as some of you homers sound trying to defend Henne. Have you ever played the game? Geez! That game he played yesterday made Rick Mirer look good.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:35 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

WTF????? What has Carson Palmer ever won???? Get this trash thread out of here. I am starting to block stupid posters again. Come up with something constructive to say or stay on your porn sites.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:20 pm
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

jammer wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

That is impossible because every bad thing a Miami player does is discussed in depth to point of insanity.
Oh so correct.

I do not forget. I'm not someone who breaks at the first sign of a problem. NFL is a funny game. You guys bashing Henne, would have been kicking Brees to the curb in 2003, if not sooner. You guys seem to not have the stomach to stand the pain of developing a player. You guys seem to think every year should be a Super Bowl run.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:26 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Dphins4me wrote:
jammer wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Oh so correct.

I do not forget. I'm not someone who breaks at the first sign of a problem. NFL is a funny game. You guys bashing Henne, would have been kicking Brees to the curb in 2003, if not sooner. You guys seem to not have the stomach to stand the pain of developing a player. You guys seem to think every year should be a Super Bowl run.

AMEN!!!! Post of the year!

Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next