View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Bring on the Cliff Jumpers!!! 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Bring on the Cliff Jumpers!!!
:awe:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:52 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

jammer wrote:
All cliff jumpers should be reading David Hyde today who has concluded the Chad Henne Era is over.

I guess you need to go under water before you realize the ship has sunk

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:55 am

Makchell wrote:
It seems to be an awfully weak class, but then again look at the diamond in the rough that NE found in the 6th round!!

Look around the league. The teams that our looking like they are going to the playoffs are 1st rd picks. Brees was 33rd taken. There is a Tom Brady once a generation (Montana, Warner) before him. You need a high draft high reward along with the risk QB to win in this league consistanly.

At that point, do you even consider going after a guy like Vince Young?

There isn't a point, forget Vince Young. Look up the word worthless, no leader, inconsistant play, piece of garbage in the dictionary and his picture comes up. No thanks.

that's what I've been saying all along.
Flacco, Roethlisberger, Sanchez, Bradford, (usually P. Manning), Vick, Rodgers, Ryan, Cutler, Eli manning.
all look likely to make the playoffs. What do they all have in common? 1st round picks

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:59 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

The playoff teams all have one thing in common...good play from the QB position. Every QB has a bad day, Chad has one every other week.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:05 am

I think Ireland and Sparano are going to fall in love with Cam Newton.
That's who our next quarterback is gonna be. Wildcat, Wildcat, Wildcat

Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:11 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
This team has been rebuilding since Wanny was run out of town....little did we know that Fiedler and company were the best this team would get post Marino....

Saban and Cameron did not rebuild, or even attempt to. They tried to win right away.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:40 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Phins Rock wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
This team has been rebuilding since Wanny was run out of town....little did we know that Fiedler and company were the best this team would get post Marino....

Saban and Cameron did not rebuild, or even attempt to. They tried to win right away.

Wrong again.

Saban had to rebuild after inheriting a mess of a 4-12 team. He had no choice but to rebuild.

Cameron overhauled the roster as well.

Just because you are trying to rebuild doesn't mean you try to win right away. This regime actually succeeded at winning right away lest you forget.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:06 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:

Wrong again.

Saban had to rebuild after inheriting a mess of a 4-12 team. He had no choice but to rebuild.

Cameron overhauled the roster as well.

Just because you are trying to rebuild doesn't mean you try to win right away. This regime actually succeeded at winning right away lest you forget.

Being wrong must get old for some of these guys. Why do you waste your time, Rich?

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:40 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

swerve13 wrote:

Flacco, Roethlisberger, Sanchez, Bradford, (usually P. Manning), Vick, Rodgers, Ryan, Cutler, Eli manning.
all look likely to make the playoffs. What do they all have in common? 1st round picks

From Pro Football Focus Website: Just an unbiased opinion on Flacco

Quote:
1. Where does Joe Flacco stand among his peers at quarterback?

Neil Hornsby: I guess he’s done OK. The problem is, with the tools he’s got, I probably expect more. He shows it in patches (the big arm, the calm demeanor) and then has throws and games that are plain poor. Everyone does to some degree, but if I was a Ravens fan I would never feel confident with him under center as I would with say Matt Ryan, Philip Rivers or Aaron Rodgers. I’d put him at the top of the 2nd tier.

Sam Monson: He’s somewhere in the middle of the pack. He isn’t challenging the elite status, but he is good enough to win you games as well as flawed enough to lose a few, like half the quarterbacks in the NFL.

Khaled Elsayed:
He’s in the good but not great category. At times he’ll convince you otherwise (for better or worse) but he doesn’t quite do enough either way to be anything more, or anything less.

Ben Stockwell: He came into the league as a very good QB and is still a very good QB, the sole concern is that he may not have progressed very far since he entered the league.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:05 am

Dphins4me wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

From Pro Football Focus Website: Just an unbiased opinion on Flacco

Quote:
1. Where does Joe Flacco stand among his peers at quarterback?

Neil Hornsby: I guess he’s done OK. The problem is, with the tools he’s got, I probably expect more. He shows it in patches (the big arm, the calm demeanor) and then has throws and games that are plain poor. Everyone does to some degree, but if I was a Ravens fan I would never feel confident with him under center as I would with say Matt Ryan, Philip Rivers or Aaron Rodgers. I’d put him at the top of the 2nd tier.

Sam Monson: He’s somewhere in the middle of the pack. He isn’t challenging the elite status, but he is good enough to win you games as well as flawed enough to lose a few, like half the quarterbacks in the NFL.

Khaled Elsayed:
He’s in the good but not great category. At times he’ll convince you otherwise (for better or worse) but he doesn’t quite do enough either way to be anything more, or anything less.

Ben Stockwell: He came into the league as a very good QB and is still a very good QB, the sole concern is that he may not have progressed very far since he entered the league.

well he doesnt constantly kill his team with bonehead interceptions like your boy Henne does.
You're reachin man

Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:08 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

swerve13 wrote:

well he doesnt constantly kill his team with bonehead interceptions like your boy Henne does.
You're reachin man
My boy? For info purposes. How old are you? Not reaching for anything. Just providing info from people who are not conneted here & have probably watched a few more Ravens games then Miami fans have.

Flacco doesn't have to win games for Balt.. He has a D, running game & vet Wr who know their routes. Boldin, Mason, Housh, Stallworth, Heap are slightly better , than Marshall, Hartline, Bess, Fasano, Wallace & Moore.

Obviously you did not watch the Pitts game on his last throw of the game. You guys complain about Henne under throwing Hartline 45 Yds down field. Flacco under threw his RB 10 Yrds away.

Factor in the bad luck ( Tipped passes ) & WR error & neither is Henne.

Last edited by Dphins4me on Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:32 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

LOL!! Ryan Leaf and Akili Smith were first rounders, kind of shoots down that theory, huh? :)

Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:33 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Factor in the bad luck ( Tipped passes ) & WR error & neither is Henne.

I hear what you are saying Scot, but Henne throws a pick a game. Can that change? Can he improve? I believe these are legit questions. The bad luck thing isn't a good argument whan the Browns game planned for the tipped passes. Henne's other tips were bad reads into coverage. He needs to get the ball out faster and process information better. If these aren't addressed, he will never be a consistant starter in this league. Turnovers kill and as a QB, he is responsible for picks (most of them). I hope he improves. I think he has the tools, he just needs to connect.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:11 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Flacco and Sanchez have been the beneficiaries of some good luck on poorly thrown balls. Sanchez had at least 3 Int worthy passes that were dropped or missed when he played Miami. I've seen the same in other games with him. Last night the Pats really capitalized.

In the Mia-Bal game, I remember Flacco throwing a really boneheaded pass that Smith dropped which would have been a pick six. I've see Flacco make some other dangerous throws that the defense had dropped.

This stuff happens and catches up with QBs. Its just unfortunate that Henne hasn't really benefited from lucky breaks, but at the same time I don't want a mirage on the team.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:04 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:

I hear what you are saying Scot, but Henne throws a pick a game. Can that change? Can he improve? I believe these are legit questions. The bad luck thing isn't a good argument whan the Browns game planned for the tipped passes.
Sorry, not buying into the Browns game planned. Bowens simply did what every Dlman is taught. If you can't get to the QB get your hands up.

Makchell wrote:
Henne's other tips were bad reads into coverage.
You referring to the one that bounced off Marshalls hands & ended up in Ed Reeds possession?

Makchell wrote:
He needs to get the ball out faster and process information better.
I cannot speak to how he processes what he sees. However, what do you mean by getting the ball out faster? Do you mean once he decides to throw? Or holding it to long before he decides to throw?

Makchell wrote:
If these aren't addressed, he will never be a consistant starter in this league. Turnovers kill and as a QB, he is responsible for picks (most of them). I hope he improves. I think he has the tools, he just needs to connect.
I count him responsible for 9 or 10 of those picks.

He does need to improve & frankly get a good bounce from time to time. Just like Palmer did. He gets credit for a TD pass when Clemons should have had a Int. If our DBs could catch Miami beats Cleveland & who ever it was that Smith dropped that pick 6 against.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:09 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Dphins4me wrote:
I count him responsible for 9 or 10 of those picks.

He does need to improve & frankly get a good bounce from time to time. Just like Palmer did. He gets credit for a TD pass when Clemons should have had a Int. If our DBs could catch Miami beats Cleveland & who ever it was that Smith dropped that pick 6 against.

I agree with you. Unfortunately the QB gets all the credit or all the blame.

Don't forget one of his picks was gift to the Steelers that was overturned days later.

Jets game - three potential Sanchez Ints dropped. One was late in the game with Miami ahead and the other was a pick six for Langford if he holds on to it.

Ravens game - Smith drops a pick six that would have tied or put Miami within a field goal, I forget which.

Cincy game - a few picks dropped. Cincy should have had 7 points at best with their first drive being nice.

Cleveland game - Carroll drops a pick six to put Miami up by a TD with just minutes remaining and a Cleveland team that isn't moving the ball.

You can criticize Henne for mistakes but pinning losses on him without looking at the bigger picture isn't very accurate.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:24 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

You can criticize Henne for mistakes but pinning losses on him without looking at the bigger picture isn't very accurate

Good points.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2