View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Bring on the Cliff Jumpers!!! 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Bring on the Cliff Jumpers!!!
It is always very entertaining reading the end of the world postings after a loss!!! Of course, this forum is meant for opinions and to get things off our chest, but it really does get rather amusing.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:46 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Bring on the Cliff Jumpers!!!
ImageImage

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:11 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

It is always very entertaining reading the end of the world postings after a loss!!! Of course, this forum is meant for opinions and to get things off our chest, but it really does get rather amusing

I guess some people have higher expectations and are tired of being a .500 team.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:24 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:
I guess some people have higher expectations and are tired of being a .500 team.

They should do a better job of evaluating the team, understanding that going into the season it was a young team with a ton of questions and a murderous schedule...

Maybe then we wouldn't need a suicide watch.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:27 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:

Well they are idiots then. Miami is one of the youngest teams in the NFL. 2011 has always been the year in my opinion that Miami should start being a contender, if they are going to be one.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:27 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Dphins4me wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Well they are idiots then. Miami is one of the youngest teams in the NFL. 2011 has always been the year in my opinion that Miami should start being a contender, if they are going to be one.

It's just so darn frustrating seeing Atlanta, New York, Baltimore, KC, Chicago, etc. having such good success in similar rebuilding projects, and the first 3 with QB's younger than Chad.

Next season I am convinced that the defense will be ready to truly compete (if they aren't already), and that there will be enough weapons offensively to do so. If Henne isn't the answer, 2011 will be an ultra-disappointing season.

If he is the answer, than we are a coordinator, and 2-3 players away. I really hope he is. I understand he didn't have tons of help today, but my God that was just downright awful. AWFUL.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:31 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

No excuses for Henne today, none. Then again, every qb has those types of days. Looking at Manning in the first half against a crappy Dallas team throwing the ball away. The problem is that Manning has enough good games under his belt to survive the scrutiny of a bad game or two. Henne does not. Henne I believe will be the starter next year, but I don't think it would be wise to go into next year without a back up plan. I think we really need to take a look at drafting a qb early. If he doesn't replace Henne, he should push him towards improving his game.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:36 pm

Phins Rock wrote:
It's just so darn frustrating seeing Atlanta, New York, Baltimore, KC, Chicago, etc. having such good success in similar rebuilding projects, and the first 3 with QB's younger than Chad.

I know you're not big on being factually correct, but some of those teams you mentioned aren't in a rebuilding mode....

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:36 pm

Phin wrote:
No excuses for Henne today, none. Then again, every qb has those types of days. Looking at Manning in the first half against a crappy Dallas team throwing the ball away. The problem is that Manning has enough good games under his belt to survive the scrutiny of a bad game or two. Henne does not. Henne I believe will be the starter next year, but I don't think it would be wise to go into next year without a back up plan. I think we really need to take a look at drafting a qb early. If he doesn't replace Henne, he should push him towards improving his game.

Exactly where I stand on this thing as well.

The problem is that the best option is the guy backing Henne up currently.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:38 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Atlanta is always a tough one for me, but then I have to remind myself that they were a playoff team before Vick and Petrino exited stage right. Atlanta didn't really rebuild, they just recovered. Tampa is a team though that would be similar in scope to Miami. They are legit right now and in a much better position it would seem. The other teams mentioned really arent rebuilding either, with the possible exception of KC.

Last edited by Phin on Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:39 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
Phin wrote:

I don't agree. Thigpen is and always will be a backup.
Vince Young interests me as an alternative to drafting a young unproven qb. I see some things to scare me away from him, but I also think he has a lot of potential and just needs to mature a bit.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:40 pm

Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

I know you're not big on being factually correct, but some of those teams you mentioned aren't in a rebuilding mode....

In 2007 Atlanta had the 3rd pick, NY the 6th, Baltimore the 7th (?) before trading down, KC the 5th pick......Chicago I'll give you, my mistake. Although they have been mediocre ever since the SB year.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:41 pm

Phin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Phin wrote:

Vince Young interests me as an alternative to drafting a young unproven qb. I see some things to scare me away from him, but I also think he has a lot of potential and just needs to mature a bit.

Vince Young has played really well the last 2 seasons. For somebody like Jeff Fisher to keep benching him has to mean there is something else there. Maybe he doesn't prepare well during the week, or whatever, but you don't just bench a guy every chance you get and only put him back in there in desperation when he has a QB rating of 100+....

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:42 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Makchell wrote:

They should do a better job of evaluating the team, understanding that going into the season it was a young team with a ton of questions and a murderous schedule...

All those teams save KC have been contenders in years past. And KC is having the same year we had in 08.

Frustrating? Yes. But you don't go from 1-15 to SB contenders overnight.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:54 pm
Profile WWW

Phins Rock wrote:
Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

In 2007 Atlanta had the 3rd pick, NY the 6th, Baltimore the 7th (?) before trading down, KC the 5th pick......Chicago I'll give you, my mistake. Although they have been mediocre ever since the SB year.

Just because you have a high pick doesn't mean you're a rebuilding team. A team like Baltimore, retools.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:54 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

I love how so many fans do nothing but make excuses but consider themselves realists. Sure, the team is young, but we should be winning these games.

The talent offensively is garbage and our defense can only do so much. We need Olineman, a TE, a QB and some new legs at the RB spot... the "young team" excuse is getting old...

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:56 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:

Agreed... I am sick of setttling...

1974 Was the last time the Dolphins won a Superbowl

1987 Was the last time they played in one...

Yeah, forgive me for expecting them to beat a 4-7 Browns team after all the BS we have been sold by this Regime about "Changing The Culture"

We still are average at best...

:boo:

Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:00 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Finhead wrote:
It is always very entertaining reading the end of the world postings after a loss!!! Of course, this forum is meant for opinions and to get things off our chest, but it really does get rather amusing.

I'm a season ticket holder who has gone 1-4 in his games this year.

I'm pissed off.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:16 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I'd rather be a cliff jumper than a homer thinking that Henne is just a slow learner...

This aint little league where even the "slow learners" get to play.... And "everyone is a winner"

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:25 pm

10acjed wrote:
I'd rather be a cliff jumper

Then you get to amuse the rest of us as we watch you FAAAAaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllll.......

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:29 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

10acjed wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Agreed... I am sick of setttling...

1974 Was the last time the Dolphins won a Superbowl

1987 Was the last time they played in one...

Yeah, forgive me for expecting them to beat a 4-7 Browns team after all the BS we have been sold by this Regime about "Changing The Culture"

We still are average at best...

:boo:

I believe it was 1984/85 when they last played in a Super Bowl

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:34 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

1984 season, SB played in 1985.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:40 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phin wrote:

Why do you make the assessment on Thigpen with less games to evaluate him on than Henne?

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:52 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

All cliff jumpers should be reading David Hyde today who has concluded the Chad Henne Era is over.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:52 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Give thigpen the nod the rest of the way. Worst thing that happens is our draft position goes up.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:53 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ski_Money wrote:
Give thigpen the nod the rest of the way. Worst thing that happens is our draft position goes up.

You tell the team we're playing for the draft and the entire staff loses all credibility with every player in the locker room for good.

No matter what, you ALWAYS play for pride. If they insert Thigpen just because we have nothing else to lose, they will have shat on both the team and the fan base. As a fan I sure as he'll deserve better than Thigpen.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:45 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

So what happens if Henne plays lights out over the final 4 games and has people buzzing about his abilities?

Maybe Sparano has already decided he's seen enough...he has once already. But lets not close the book until there is certainty that Miami is moving on.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:57 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

So what happens if Henne plays lights out over the final 4 games and has people buzzing about his abilities

Ummm, then he is our future and something clicked between now and next week. We can only hope or we are set back three more yrs.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:01 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
So what happens if Henne plays lights out over the final 4 games and has people buzzing about his abilities

Ummm, then he is our future and something clicked between now and next week. We can only hope or we are set back three more yrs.

But if everyone jumps off the cliff who will be there to watch him???

Point is lets not defiine anything. Took me about 2 hours after the game to relax and realize things can get better. Just hoping others will too.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:10 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Point is lets not defiine anything. Took me about 2 hours after the game to relax and realize things can get better. Just hoping others will too

We can only go off what we are seeing now. Things can get better whether with Henne or a new QB. I say let the season play out, but I would like to have insurance at the QB position (draft a QB no matter what).

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:13 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Even if Miami decides to draft another QB, the organization has such a black cloud hanging over them from previous picks/trades. It will be very interesting with their off season strategy heading into next April's draft.

Not that I believe it is the smart thing to do, but is there even anyone coming out thats worth trading to a low draft pick spot? I am not saying to do that, but just asking about the blue chippers coming out. It seems to be an awfully weak class, but then again look at the diamond in the rough that NE found in the 6th round!! At that point, do you even consider going after a guy like Vince Young?

Oh well, I will be waiting for the breaks to start falling our way again. This year some teams like the Jets I am convinced have a 12th man ghost on the field!!

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:23 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

It seems to be an awfully weak class, but then again look at the diamond in the rough that NE found in the 6th round!!

Look around the league. The teams that our looking like they are going to the playoffs are 1st rd picks. Brees was 33rd taken. There is a Tom Brady once a generation (Montana, Warner) before him. You need a high draft high reward along with the risk QB to win in this league consistanly.

At that point, do you even consider going after a guy like Vince Young?

There isn't a point, forget Vince Young. Look up the word worthless, no leader, inconsistant play, piece of garbage in the dictionary and his picture comes up. No thanks.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:30 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Rich wrote:
10acjed wrote:
I'd rather be a cliff jumper

Then you get to amuse the rest of us as we watch you FAAAAaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllll.......

The sad part is whether you Jump, Crawl, Walk or Fly we will all be at the bottom together, one side hopeful the other doubtful....

Sorry, but I think the Henne hate goes deeper then many realize... Watch the body language of the players when he makes bad throws.....

BTW: The cliff for the 6-6 jumpers is only 3 feet..... Its like drowning in a kiddy pool....

Season has been over for a few weeks now, some of you just realized it today :jests:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:34 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yeah....Love that gesture from Hartline after he had to come back and make the tackle on a play where he was wide open heading to the end zone....the disgusted face, the glare....you could almost hear the quote...."Really???" Lots of frustration on Hartline's face.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:37 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Yea Hartline was "like are you kidding me Chad 5 yards in front of the guy and you under throw me really" "WOW"

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:41 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Rich wrote:
Makchell wrote:

So we should expect no improvement over last season at all? The defense has done its part. They've played well for most of the year. The offense has been putrid. The biggest thing that hurt, lousy personnel decisions that cost this team depth and veteran leadership. The only way to fix it is to totally gut what's there starting with Henning. Sorry if that offends but Miami did the same thing last year when they brought in Nolan. They need the same fresh approach this year. If Parcell's was making the personnel moves, its good he's gone. If it was Ireland, he needs to go.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:37 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Finhead wrote:

what are you talking about? it's not week 3. The season is over. Of course people are cliff jumping.
Because Henne just drove us over a cliff.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:43 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dphins4me wrote:
Makchell wrote:

um, the Chiefs just started rebuilding and are coasting into the playoffs. It's never too early to win.
Rex Ryan did it in his first year with the Jets. We've had plenty of time to build a winning team.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:46 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This team has been rebuilding since Wanny was run out of town....little did we know that Fiedler and company were the best this team would get post Marino....

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:49 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

10acjed wrote:
I'd rather be a cliff jumper than a homer thinking that Henne is just a slow learner...

This aint little league where even the "slow learners" get to play.... And "everyone is a winner"

:yay:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next