View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Henne is awful 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Henne is awful
Auguste88 wrote:
U have to admit tho dolphinjim the browns did play gud in the afc east but they are not to good of a team payton hillis has been they're team and he's not doin a thing are offense is doing great in the run and the defense isn't giving cle any air at some point we have to stop making excuses for henne its every week now... and I love henne but it doesn't look to good for him right now we will draft a qb this off-season

Try some punctuation.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:59 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
Yea but we beat ourselves this game with picks and drops.

This. The Browns didn't beat us, we beat ourselves.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
BenVolinPBP Chad Henne with a career low 37.8 passer rating. If you simply throw every pass straight into the ground, your rating is 39.6

http://www.phins.com/phins-urls.html

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:16 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Henne has shown us nothing UP TO THIS POINT that he is the future. We need a QB regardless just in case he doesn't pan out or it might light fire under his butt to improve.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:18 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

kev1321 wrote:
Quote:
Re: Is Henne the QB?
jammer wrote:
Some more fuel to the fire...Chris Mortenson responded to Sparano laughing him off by saying no matter what Sparano says publicly the Fins have had internal debate on Henne. He adds that they want to give him time to turn it around.

Turn what around? Is he supposed to have Pro Bowl numbers already? Yes his picks last night were game altering, but he's started 17 games! Thank God Mort and his sources weren't around for Troy Aikman's first few years and Steve Young's first few years, and of course Drew Brees and Eli Manning, and I guess Jay Cutler should have been cut by Chicago after last season.

There is a reason Adam Schefter was brought in and basically pushed Mort aside.

As for Kev, why are you guys bothering? He's on Kev Island with those comments and the population is 1.
I do not believe his picks were game altering. Its not like Miami was in the red zone when they happened.

:ann0y:

Congratulations, you're patting yourself on the back for being a knee jerk after 1 game. At least others waited until a few bad games to lose faith in Henne.

I can't defend the guy after today's performance but I'll still support him going into next week.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:36 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Knee Jerk....That's funny....He wasn't accurate then and he is not now....He threw game changing picks then and he throws game changing picks now...

I pointed out concerns and you made it out like i was crazy....

Welcome to the island Jammer!!!!!!

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:21 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

kev1321 wrote:
Knee Jerk....That's funny....He wasn't accurate then and he is not now....He threw game changing picks then and he throws game changing picks now...

I pointed out concerns and you made it out like i was crazy....

Welcome to the island Jammer!!!!!!

Not on your island pal. Last place I'd want to be. I'll stop thinking Henne is the future when Miami declares he is not. I said I won't defend him today.

Henne has had some bad games this year. But I don't see others rubbing it in your face immediately after he has a good game. Where were you last week? And if he throws for a career game next week are you going to come out and say he still sucks?

Didn't someone just post one of your comments supporting Henne and saying he was better than Sanchez? If he comes back and has a great final stretch will you be telling us all to throw our support behind him for 2011?

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:30 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

"They said he throws low and gets a lot of batted balls,'' Bowens said. "So I was ready."

Looks like the Browns created some of their own "good luck" to counter act Henne's bad luck. Excuses, excuses for Henne.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:25 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Just saw the game on Tivo....Henne was awful. The last pick wasn't all his fault, but the first two were and one was a TD toss if he hits Hartline in stride. The second was a horrible overthrow into a crowd of 3 defenders. Henne reeks.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:37 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

The last pick wasn't all his fault

Here's a quote from Bowens...They said he throws low and gets a lot of batted balls,'' Bowens said. "So I was ready.. SO who's fault was it?

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:17 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Henne remindes me of JeMarcus with his up and down games. Only difference is that henne can throw 70 yards bombs but IQ level on the field is pretty much close. It just shows no one trust Henne chance to win twice in the 4th and we run the wildcat pretty much the whole time except when it was 3rd and long yea shows how much Henne would be our furture QB.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:46 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:
Here's a quote from Bowens...They said he throws low and gets a lot of batted balls,'' Bowens said. "So I was ready.. SO who's fault was it?
Oh he waited till the last play to pull it out? Please.

That is a man running off at the mouth. Did you believe Ben when he said he had the football in the endzone after his fumble.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:53 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Oh he waited till the last play to pull it out? Please.

That is a man running off at the mouth. Did you believe Ben when he said he had the football in the endzone after his fumble.

Yep, just like you believed that Ricky quit because they gave him the ball too much when actually he was a stoner who was going to get popped. Scot, do you really think that Henne will be our QB in 3-5 yrs playing consistant football? As of right now, I would say no. You?

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:04 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Hell...Henne won't be our QB next year....no need to wait 3-5 years.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:07 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I forgot it takes 5 years to be a real Qb in the NFL well we can still get JeMarcus then he still has 2 or 3 years to be great let's give him a shot.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:10 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:

Yep, just like you believed that Ricky quit because they gave him the ball too much when actually he was a stoner who was going to get popped.
No, I believe RW wanted a new deal if they were going to abuse him like that were.

Makchell wrote:

do you really think that Henne will be our QB in 3-5 yrs playing consistant football? As of right now, I would say no. You?
Not looking good right now.

However, since everyone is on Miami needs a Qb.

My question is who?

Please no one throw out Luck. He is long gone & Miami cannot trade up to get him. Mallet is as raw as they get. Locker not much further along & only stayed in college because he did not get a 1st Rd. grade last year & his play this year has not improved.

That takes care of the draft. Any Vets FA out there who are available?

Here is a link to the FA Qbs.

What man is the man you want

Free Agent QBs

That takes care of the FA. What about trading for a young vet.

Kolb? Don't see the Eagles giving him up & he is just as unproven if not more than Henne.

I guess Shaun Hill might be had.

From where I sit right now. Miami's Qb next year has to be Henne or Thigpen & Thigpen is a FA.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:15 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I agree with that post. If Henne doesn't improve this year, we are 3 yrs out to even sniff the playoffs. By then, Wake will be a FA, Marshall will want a new deal, R and R will be old.....basically, we are screwed. Maybe we can find a gem in the later rds to push Henne. I don't see anyone, I guess it depends on which juniors declare.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:18 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Why can't Miami trade up for Luck? I keep hearing how great our team is week in and week out....how much talent we have...blah, blah, blah....if that is so true, then we should be able to trade, wheel and deal to get the piece we need.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:20 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I say we draft aj green or Julio jones help out Marshall and sign Vince young or try to go after Vick prob won't happen or go after John locker he might be there 2nd round

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:24 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Well...let's see how the bowl games and then the NFL combine shake out. There will likely be some changes in the rankings of the QB prospects after all that....

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:26 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Why can't Miami trade up for Luck? I keep hearing how great our team is week in and week out....how much talent we have...blah, blah, blah....if that is so true, then we should be able to trade, wheel and deal to get the piece we need.
Just because you hear it, does not make it so. Miami has a lot of young unproven talent. Talent no one is willing to trade for.

Why can't Miami? Well first you have to have the team sitting up there wanting to trade down.

Second, most teams do not want to trade from No. 1 to No. 14 for the sake of this, so that means an additional trade to get within the top 6 & I'm not sure how many teams want to trade down from 6 to 14.

Third. Miami does not have a 2nd Rd. pick in 2011 to help entice, so that means overpaying.

IMO, the only way is if Miami is willing to trade Wake & their No. 1 & the team sitting at No. 1 does not need a Qb. Then there would be a chance.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:31 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Maybe we can take Jesus Christ is he coming out in the draft this year.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:32 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Cisco_56 wrote:
I say we draft aj green or Julio jones help out Marshall and sign Vince young or try to go after Vick prob won't happen or go after John locker he might be there 2nd round

Young? How many times does a QB have to quit on his teammates before you might get the idea that he is not going to be there when the going gets tough?

Besides, Fisher is most likely gone from Tenn. Not Young.

Miami does not have a 2nd Rd. pick & Locker is nothing special. He might actually be there in Rd. 3 though.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:34 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Well...let's see how many players the team moves in free agency....if not Luck, maybe there is another QB worthy of 1st round selection?

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:35 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Vince Young? I would rather call Pat White to start. Vick? He will be franchised if not resigned.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:39 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

dolphinjim wrote:
LOL!!!

This "lousy" Cleveland team SMASHED NE and took the Jets to OT.

Please learn football. Thanks.

It wasn't the Cleveland Team that missed a wide open Hartline along with several other putrid throws. Miami needs a leader.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:40 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Well...let's see how many players the team moves in free agency....if not Luck, maybe there is another QB worthy of 1st round selection?

Locker will fall. They have him ranked way to high. He might even make it to Rd. 3.

2011 NFL Draft Prospects: Quarterbacks

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:40 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Vince is that bad of a Qb better than henne can throw deep yea he quit on fisher but that because fisher has been treating him wrong snice hes been there he even said when he walked off the field I'm not quitting on my teammates I'm quitting on you meaning fisher.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:43 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Cisco_56 wrote:
Vince is that bad of a Qb better than henne can throw deep yea he quit on fisher but that because fisher has been treating him wrong snice hes been there he even said when he walked off the field I'm not quitting on my teammates I'm quitting on you meaning fisher.

He quit his team. Regardless of what he said, you walk out on the coach, you walk out on your teammates.

Young is simply immature & not a leader.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:50 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yeah...Vince Young is a major diva. We already have one diva and that is more than enough...

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:51 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Well I guess I'll be the first one to say it how bout going after Matt lineart or Brady Quinn hate to say any of those 2 guys name but our options is pretty much slim.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:59 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Cisco_56 wrote:
Well I guess I'll be the first one to say it how bout going after Matt lineart or Brady Quinn hate to say any of those 2 guys name but our options is pretty much slim.

You guys complain about Henne.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:04 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

dolphinjim wrote:
LOL!!!

This "lousy" Cleveland team SMASHED NE and took the Jets to OT.

Please learn football. Thanks.

you first Jim. Delhomme is about the worst starting QB in the NFL

Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:16 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

RedZone wrote:
I tried to preach about the false prophet Henne. but no one would listen.

I'm listening. :)
just trying to get others to.
But apparently I don't understand football.
These other guys who love henne are the geniuses on this site.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:20 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dphins4me wrote:
kev1321 wrote:

You are really making an excuse for that!!!!!!!!!
No excuse, just plain bad luck.
A lineman deflecting the pass? Happens to every Qb.

How many did Miami deflect today? How many of those got hit directly towards another player?

Hey Carrol dropped an easy pick that would have won the game.

Where is the ire on that?

not bad luck. Defenders every week say they can read henne like a book. His slow telegraph delivery

Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:25 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dphins4me wrote:
Auguste88 wrote:
Nuff said... all the ints were hennes fault so no excuses about that the kid dug himself 6 feet deep and the hole has just been closed.... the team is very hungry and want a playoff run and this game shows that henne cant do it... yea the browns beat the saints pats and almost the jets but they havnt won many games beating us did not put them at 500. Easily with a qb who can get us tds we would be a contender every year our defense is very good our offense has weapons our biggest concern is henne and henning and that is that... the idiots who want sparano gone are clearly lost... this is a very good team we are 28th in tds scored and thats becaus the qb does crap in the red zone... coach hasn't done anything wrong why would anyone want gruden... he has 1 superbowl for a team he didn't build and that same team was horrid the years after the superbowl..

No. 1 & No. 2 Wr out of the game. Two UDFA who have very little playing time all year playing WR with Bess.

um.... Hartline was open for 2 touchdowns early in the game.
That wins the ball game, and we walk away with this one easy.
I feel sorry for our defense.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:28 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Auguste88 wrote:
so what?? first off hartline and bess were playing meaning marshall was the only injured wr.. stop making excuses hartline had the rookie by ten yards how do you throw an int they said the last wasnt his fault either... then why the hell was he staring down bess who was covered good anyway hes not good conversation done. playing dline you are taught to watch the qbs eyes and make a play on the ball if hennes eyes are on bess the whole darn time then whats going to happen... the ball gets batted and ts another int all on henne..

Bingo! amazing, someone finally gets it. Defenses love playing against Henne. They can read him like a book.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:32 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:
I agree with that post. If Henne doesn't improve this year, we are 3 yrs out to even sniff the playoffs. By then, Wake will be a FA, Marshall will want a new deal, R and R will be old.....basically, we are screwed. Maybe we can find a gem in the later rds to push Henne. I don't see anyone, I guess it depends on which juniors declare.

yup. I just said the same thing the other day. We have to win now. While we still have these stud players in the fold. It's not fair to the rest of the team.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:40 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dphins4me wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Just because you hear it, does not make it so. Miami has a lot of young unproven talent. Talent no one is willing to trade for.

Why can't Miami? Well first you have to have the team sitting up there wanting to trade down.

Second, most teams do not want to trade from No. 1 to No. 14 for the sake of this, so that means an additional trade to get within the top 6 & I'm not sure how many teams want to trade down from 6 to 14.

Third. Miami does not have a 2nd Rd. pick in 2011 to help entice, so that means overpaying.

IMO, the only way is if Miami is willing to trade Wake & their No. 1 & the team sitting at No. 1 does not need a Qb. Then there would be a chance.

the past 5 drafts the top slotted team has wanted to trade down. That will be the case again this year with Carolina. They have their QB already. They would gladly trade back.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:43 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
OmarKelly Only three quarterbacks have thrown more interceptions than Chad Henne, and he's only played in 12 games. One more bad TO game and it's OVER

OmarKelly One of my scouting friends just asked me a very telling Chad Henne question: "He has arm to throw 15-yard outs. Why doesn't he?"> No answer

OmarKelly RT @BobSnedeker I'm not saying Henne will be as good as Brees, just saying it takes time with some QBs> He's had 24 starts. No excuses.

http://www.phins.com/phins-urls.html

Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next