Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:05 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 1866
Location: Lakeland, Fl
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/f ... ?eref=sihp

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) -- Officials say Miami Dolphins defensive tackle Tony McDaniel is out of jail after being arrested and accused of domestic violence.

McDaniel was released Sunday on $3,500 bond. Authorities say the 25-year-old South Carolina native returned from a night out with friends and then got into a fight with his girlfriend early Saturday at his home in Davie, which is near Miami.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12069
Location: Raleigh, NC
I get so tired of these stories.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12069
Location: Raleigh, NC
Here's RotoWorld's input on it ....

Rotoworld wrote:
He's charged with misdemeanor battery. This is McDaniel's first arrest as a pro, though he was kicked off the University of Tennessee team in 2005 for punching a student during a pick-up basketball game. The student needed a plate inserted into his face. McDaniel is a rotational lineman in Miami.


http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... _teams=MIA

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:56 am 
Offline
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:33 am
Posts: 61
Big Dave wrote:
I get so tired of these stories.





i'm with ya.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 am
Posts: 324
Location: Scarborough, Maine
Don't be too quick to pass judgment on this until more facts come out.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:35 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 9462
Location: Fargo, ND
I'd wait for the fact to come out, but the history of violence makes me think he may need some counseling. "IF" he is beating up his girl, he needs to be reprimanded or possibly cut.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24767
Location: Miami, FL
Phin wrote:
I'd wait for the fact to come out, but the history of violence makes me think he may need some counseling. "IF" he is beating up his girl, he needs to be reprimanded or possibly cut.


He punched a guy in a pickup basketball game. That constitutes a history of violence?

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:43 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
Everyone is waiting for the "facts" to come out... they stated that they're tired of these stories...

So am I... it just gets old after awhile.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Phin wrote:
I'd wait for the fact to come out, but the history of violence makes me think he may need some counseling. "IF" he is beating up his girl, he needs to be reprimanded or possibly cut.


History of violence? Counseling? Possibly cut? What? I hate when these guys commit a crime and everyone tries to play judge.

On another note - he punched a guy and the dude had to get a plate inserted into his face?! Holy crap that had to be one hell of a punch. I broke my hand punching some guy and he didn't get a plate in his face, what gives?

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:30 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 546
joeschmoe wrote:
Phin wrote:
I'd wait for the fact to come out, but the history of violence makes me think he may need some counseling. "IF" he is beating up his girl, he needs to be reprimanded or possibly cut.


History of violence? Counseling? Possibly cut? What? I hate when these guys commit a crime and everyone tries to play judge.



hmmm, Phin did say "I'd wait for the facts to come out" and "IF"

I don't know if it is true but I was told Domestic Violene cases go up dramatically over super bowl weekend. I wonder what that is all about.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24767
Location: Miami, FL
joeschmoe wrote:
I hate when these guys commit a crime and everyone tries to play judge.


Aren't you essentially doing the same thing by saying he committed a crime?

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Rich wrote:
joeschmoe wrote:
I hate when these guys commit a crime and everyone tries to play judge.


Aren't you essentially doing the same thing by saying he committed a crime?


I said 'these guys', not Mcdaniel...

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:18 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Nifty escape, Joe;p.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24767
Location: Miami, FL
joeschmoe wrote:
Rich wrote:
joeschmoe wrote:
I hate when these guys commit a crime and everyone tries to play judge.


Aren't you essentially doing the same thing by saying he committed a crime?


I said 'these guys', not Mcdaniel...


What is the difference?

If you accuse someone of committing a crime, you are judging them as guilty.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:38 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
Rich wrote:
If you accuse someone of committing a crime, you are judging them as guilty.


RICH IS GUILTY!!! :war:


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Rich wrote:

What is the difference?

If you accuse someone of committing a crime, you are judging them as guilty.


Exactly, if I accuse them. I was referring to athletes, or celebreties in general, who have committed crimes and everybody around the world wants to decide what their punishment should be. I see your point, however. Perhaps I should have used the word accused.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:26 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 9462
Location: Fargo, ND
Rich wrote:
Phin wrote:
I'd wait for the fact to come out, but the history of violence makes me think he may need some counseling. "IF" he is beating up his girl, he needs to be reprimanded or possibly cut.


He punched a guy in a pickup basketball game. That constitutes a history of violence?

He broke the guy's face which resulted in the guy needing a metal plate in his face; you have a choice to walk away. Then he gets picked up for domestic violence. I then said "MAY" need some counseling, IF he these charges are legit. Maybe he couldn't walk away, maybe he was backed into a corner, and maybe these charges are bogus. That's why I used words such as IF and MAY.
You know my stance on these sorts of stories Rich, I always come out on the side of caution before jumping to conclusions. I think your caught up with trying to play "gotcha" here, and your ignoring my history and the very non committal tone of my post here.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
I heard that the Energizer bunny was arrested last night. He was charged with battery.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:07 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 546
Iowafin wrote:
I heard that the Energizer bunny was arrested last night. He was charged with battery.


Don't be too quick to pass judgment on this until more facts come out.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24767
Location: Miami, FL
Phin wrote:
He broke the guy's face which resulted in the guy needing a metal plate in his face; you have a choice to walk away.


How do you know without being there?

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:36 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 9462
Location: Fargo, ND
Rich wrote:
Phin wrote:
He broke the guy's face which resulted in the guy needing a metal plate in his face; you have a choice to walk away.


How do you know without being there?


......sigh....

Phin wrote:
Maybe he couldn't walk away, maybe he was backed into a corner, and maybe these charges are bogus. That's why I used words such as IF and MAY.


Care to let it rest now or would you like to blow up another thread with useless back and forths?

Better yet, go ahead and say whatever it is you feel that you need to say and we will let it rest there. :yay:


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24767
Location: Miami, FL
Sorry Phin that you choose to contradict yourself in the same thread/post. Maybe you should clarify your thoughts within your own head first then post them. Hitsubmitbeforethinkingitis is a terrible thing.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:48 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 546
Rich wrote:
Phin wrote:
He broke the guy's face which resulted in the guy needing a metal plate in his face


How do you know without being there?


just going to take a leap of faith, but maybe it was in the news


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24767
Location: Miami, FL
MTFan wrote:
Rich wrote:
Phin wrote:
He broke the guy's face which resulted in the guy needing a metal plate in his face


How do you know without being there?


just going to take a leap of faith, but maybe it was in the news



I notice you decided to omit this portion of the post that I quoted.

Quote:
you have a choice to walk away.


That is the part I was questioning. Funny that you show faith in the news while using the same out of context tactics they love to deploy. Very telling.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:02 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 546
Rich wrote:
MTFan wrote:
just going to take a leap of faith, but maybe it was in the news



I notice you decided to omit this portion of the post that I quoted.

Quote:
you have a choice to walk away.


That is the part I was questioning. Funny that you show faith in the news while using the same out of context tactics they love to deploy. Very telling.

:) busted

but seriously, you always have a choice, especially if you are a pro athlete


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24767
Location: Miami, FL
MTFan wrote:
but seriously, you always have a choice, especially if you are a pro athlete

Was he a pro athlete when he caved this guy's face in?

And what if this guy was antagonizing him? Didn't he too have a choice to not mess with this behemoth?

Pro athletes definitely need to be smarter when they do things. But sometimes things happen as well that they had no choice in. See Sean Taylor.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:57 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 546
Rich wrote:
MTFan wrote:
but seriously, you always have a choice, especially if you are a pro athlete

Was he a pro athlete when he caved this guy's face in?

And what if this guy was antagonizing him? Didn't he too have a choice to not mess with this behemoth?

Pro athletes definitely need to be smarter when they do things. But sometimes things happen as well that they had no choice in. See Sean Taylor.


I don't know when this incident occured. I actually was just informed about it. I don't blame him, I've seen this situation many times. That incident alone is not a big deal, but when you couple it with this... Hate to see it, if it is true.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24767
Location: Miami, FL
We'll just have to see how it plays out.

I remember a few years ago Randy McMichael got arrested for domestic violence and it turned out later it was his wife who was punching him in the head while he vomited into a toilet...

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:30 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 9462
Location: Fargo, ND
Rich wrote:
We'll just have to see how it plays out.

I remember a few years ago Randy McMichael got arrested for domestic violence and it turned out later it was his wife who was punching him in the head while he vomited into a toilet...

He shouldn't have been there vomiting in the toilet. Clearly his vomiting was abusive and he deserves to be imprisoned for offending her with his vomiting.

(SARCASM)
:grin:


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:13 pm
Posts: 466
Location: Almost Heaven
joeschmoe wrote:
Phin wrote:
I'd wait for the fact to come out, but the history of violence makes me think he may need some counseling. "IF" he is beating up his girl, he needs to be reprimanded or possibly cut.


History of violence? Counseling? Possibly cut? What? I hate when these guys commit a crime and everyone tries to play judge.

On another note - he punched a guy and the dude had to get a plate inserted into his face?! Holy crap that had to be one hell of a punch. I broke my hand punching some guy and he didn't get a plate in his face, what gives?



If YOU would have had a history of violence, you probably could have thrown a better punch... :???


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:29 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
More on this from rotoworld...
Quote:
According to Tony McDaniel's girlfriend, the Dolphins defensive lineman's early-February arrest for misdemeanor battery wasn't the first time police had responded to a domestic dispute at McDaniel's home.

Alaina Smith, 24, told police that McDaniel pushed and grabbed her when he came home from a night of clubbing last November. Smith admitted that she smacked McDaniel in the face first. McDaniel's February arrest occurred after an alleged "shoving match" with Smith. McDaniel allegedly grabbed Smith's purse and pushed her to the pavement, where she hit her head.


If she really had been abused by him before, why was she still with him?

I don't buy her story.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:42 am 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:15 pm
Posts: 292
Location: Shelbyville, IN
Phins Rock wrote:
More on this from rotoworld...
Quote:
According to Tony McDaniel's girlfriend, the Dolphins defensive lineman's early-February arrest for misdemeanor battery wasn't the first time police had responded to a domestic dispute at McDaniel's home.

Alaina Smith, 24, told police that McDaniel pushed and grabbed her when he came home from a night of clubbing last November. Smith admitted that she smacked McDaniel in the face first. McDaniel's February arrest occurred after an alleged "shoving match" with Smith. McDaniel allegedly grabbed Smith's purse and pushed her to the pavement, where she hit her head.


If she really had been abused by him before, why was she still with him?

I don't buy her story.


many girls become to terrified to leave abusive men, in fact it is extremely common in abuse cases. Do not be so quick to jump to the players side, a lot of football players get arrested in domestic abuse cases. People say it is from the violent nature of the sport, I do not know if that is true but it does happen and honestly I am not a big fan of giving second chances to criminal (mostly felony) convicted players. A player is making huge amount of money compared to the rest of the world to practice and play football, if I committed a felony I would lose my job and would not get it back, why are these thugs above society in that aspect, beyond me, be a good player, a good member of society and congrats you made money.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Phins Rock wrote:
More on this from rotoworld...
Quote:
According to Tony McDaniel's girlfriend, the Dolphins defensive lineman's early-February arrest for misdemeanor battery wasn't the first time police had responded to a domestic dispute at McDaniel's home.

Alaina Smith, 24, told police that McDaniel pushed and grabbed her when he came home from a night of clubbing last November. Smith admitted that she smacked McDaniel in the face first. McDaniel's February arrest occurred after an alleged "shoving match" with Smith. McDaniel allegedly grabbed Smith's purse and pushed her to the pavement, where she hit her head.


If she really had been abused by him before, why was she still with him?

I don't buy her story.


money?

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24767
Location: Miami, FL
She admitted that she smacked him first.

The question then becomes, why is it ok for her to smack him first and then he get arrested for retaliating?

What happened to equal rights?

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 am
Posts: 324
Location: Scarborough, Maine
It is all based on determining the "primary aggressor". This is what is tought to prosecutors, judges and LEOs. This link outlines the basics:

http://www.roanokeva.gov/85256A8D0062AF37/vwContentByKey/N254VM2V730SALYEN


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 1085
Location: Hagerstown, MD
I just want to know.. who in their right mind would antagonize McDaniel. The guy is 6'7 and 305 lbs on a light day. You are just asking for a plate in the face. If that was the case in that situation.. someone was either out of their mind or had friends with them to give them courage. Because, I wouldn't even look at the guy the wrong way. YIKES. :pumpiron:

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
hypocritex wrote:
I just want to know.. who in their right mind would antagonize McDaniel. The guy is 6'7 and 305 lbs on a light day. You are just asking for a plate in the face. If that was the case in that situation.. someone was either out of their mind or had friends with them to give them courage. Because, I wouldn't even look at the guy the wrong way. YIKES. :pumpiron:


lol...yes, but usually the big guys are big teddy bears, and it's the small guys with egos to build that scare me.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Phin wrote:
Rich wrote:
We'll just have to see how it plays out.

I remember a few years ago Randy McMichael got arrested for domestic violence and it turned out later it was his wife who was punching him in the head while he vomited into a toilet...

He shouldn't have been there vomiting in the toilet. Clearly his vomiting was abusive and he deserves to be imprisoned for offending her with his vomiting.

(SARCASM)
:grin:


The little man syndrom .. the little guys always seem to be the cockiest (most cocky?)

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:48 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 1866
Location: Lakeland, Fl
hypocritex wrote:
I just want to know.. who in their right mind would antagonize McDaniel. The guy is 6'7 and 305 lbs on a light day. You are just asking for a plate in the face. If that was the case in that situation.. someone was either out of their mind or had friends with them to give them courage. Because, I wouldn't even look at the guy the wrong way. YIKES. :pumpiron:



Or drunk.

_________________
Image


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r