View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Dolphins production chart opens eyes 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Dolphins production chart opens eyes
Quote:
Tony Sparano likes to get inside of the numbers for his football team because, I assume, the digits sometimes can confirm what he sees on tape or perhaps on rare occasion present a different revelation that isn't necessarily shining through on tape.

So in the last couple of days while his players were off, the Dolphins coach was crunching numbers on a player productivity chart.

"One of the things I did with the football team the last couple of days is I put together a production chart of the last three games at every position including special teams and then we ranked them all via their production," Sparano said Monday.

I would say Miami's top producer the last three weeks has been Karlos Dansby.

The second most productive player was tougher to pick because both Yeremiah Bell and Cameron Wake are doing work in that three-game span. Wake's ...

And now I'm going to stun you.

Brian Hartline is one of Miami's most productive players the past three games.

But it should tell you something about Miami's issues when neither running back Ronnie Brown nor Ricky Williams could be considered as having been highly productive recently. It says something that no Miami QB is highly productive in that time, and in fact, Chad Henne got benched during that time. It should say something that alpha receiver Brandon Marshall has not been exceedingly productive in that time, particularly when you balance receptions with drops and penalties.

So who am I leaving out? Who else has been productive? And who hasn't been?

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... z163COIjLv

Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:51 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Dolphins production chart opens eyes
Dolphins production?
Inconsistent.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:02 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I know the adage, the coaches can't catch passes or tackle players, but to me, our biggest problem is coaching. Having two really good backs, and a top 5 receiver not be in the top performers for your offense, that comes down to poor strategy. Just sayin....

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:50 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
I know the adage, the coaches can't catch passes or tackle players, but to me, our biggest problem is coaching. Having two really good backs, and a top 5 receiver not be in the top performers for your offense, that comes down to poor strategy. Just sayin....

I'd say this team's preparation has been lacking, but it's also the inconsistency with who is playing. Both coaching and injuries are to be blamed for that.

Everyone's accountable. I'd say we know Henning isn't working as a coordinator, but everyone else has shown they can bring something to the table...now let's consistency and see if they can pull it all together.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:53 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

underacheivers

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:57 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Honestly I think the coaching staff as well as the regime were overconfident in their ability to coach.

they thought they could bring in no name people and still produce. I mean half the dallas cowboys are here or were here. shuffling the OL is another bonehead move. dumping the WR corps was stupid. dumping all the TE's we had was stupid. Martin would have easily helped. Don't even get me started on the playcalling

Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:10 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

finfan808 wrote:
dumping the WR corps was stupid. dumping all the TE's we had was stupid. Martin would have easily helped.

Dumping Greg Camarillo and Derek Hagan being the WR corps apparently. And Justin Peelle and David Martin being the all the dumb moves at TE.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:31 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dumping the tight ends hurt, but the loss of Camarillo and Hagen...not so much. Hartline is having a good year, but Marshall is starting to get frustrated and mail it in...or screw it up with penalties.

This team does not have good running backs, but the offensive line is a good excuse. I think Ricky is the better of the two backs and the one I would keep for next season. Time to draft a running back with speed and moves....

Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]