View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Jason Allen 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Jason Allen
Burned by Braylon Edwards (Again) to cost Houston the game...

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:10 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Jason Allen
Gotta give the jets credit, they do what they gotta do to win games. Man I hate them punks!

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:17 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ski_Money wrote:

I watched that too ...... Allen is a bum.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:21 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Watching them win makes me even more angry at our Dolphins... Whoever it is to blame, its unacceptable...

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:26 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Sanchez is better.....

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:28 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I hate their guts, but that is one hell of a team. Sanchez is turning out to be a clutch QB.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:39 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

kev1321 wrote:
Sanchez is better.....

:) classic!

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:41 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Ski_Money wrote:
I hate their guts, but that is one hell of a team. Sanchez is turning out to be a clutch QB.

I can't stand the Jets so much that I am pulling for the Patriots to win the AFC East if we can't win it. I know that is going to irk a few of the fans that have to share living space with Patsy fans.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:53 pm
Profile WWW

Dont look now but the Bills have found themselves. Cincinnatti is terrible but putting up 49??

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:59 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Ski_Money wrote:

The Texans picked him up on waivers from us. So, since I did not see the play, what was the reason that he was covering the best receiver on the Jets team?

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:

The Texans picked him up on waivers from us. So, since I did not see the play, what was the reason that he was covering the best receiver on the Jets team?

The best? Eh ... that status belongs to Santonio Holmes.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:02 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

FINesse wrote:
Dont look now but the Bills have found themselves. Cincinnatti is terrible but putting up 49??

A lot of people don't like Gailey, but I have always thought he had a very innovative offensive mind. The Bills do not have a starting caliber quarterback and their offensive line is not very good, yet, they scored 49 points, threw 4 touchdowns, and Fred Jackson rushed for 120 yards (5.5 ypc). Why can't the genius Dan Henning get us into the end zone?

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:05 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rock Sexton wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:

The best? Eh ... that status belongs to Santonio Holmes.

OK ... what's he doing covering the 2nd best receiver on the Jets team? He doesn't know the defense yet and he is known to have a tendency to get burned.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:06 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:

I can't stand the Jets so much that I am pulling for the Patriots to win the AFC East if we can't win it. I know that is going to irk a few of the fans that have to share living space with Patsy fans.

This is not even a question. Not even close.

I'd rather the Pats win the SB every year than the Jets even sniff one.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Jason Allen has become a very valuable person to the jets he has helped them win two games this year.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:25 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

eleaf wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:

This is not even a question. Not even close.

I'd rather the Pats win the SB every year than the Jets even sniff one.

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!

1st i have to say i live in Patsy country....But how can you root for those cheating bastards....

Not only did they cheat but they are the most diisrespectful team in the history of the league....

The friggen coach does not even have enough class to shake the opposing coaches hand...
And don't even get me started about the times, like when they were beating the Dolphins by 30ish and attempted a fake spike at the end of the game or went for it on 4th down when up by 35 ......Sorry but the Jets may be a bunch of big mouth's but the Patsies are pure evil......

Don't forget!!!!Don't ever forget!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:46 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Ski_Money wrote:
He allowed Edwards behind him because he had safety help over the top. The safety was late getting there.

Whomever was calling the game pointed that out that the safety was late in getting over to Edwards.

Ski_Money wrote:

His coach does not coach scared. Something Miami needs to learn. Sanchez is allowed to make a mistake.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:50 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Big Dave wrote:

OK ... what's he doing covering the 2nd best receiver on the Jets team? He doesn't know the defense yet and he is known to have a tendency to get burned.

Dave he was playing Edwards short & the safety had Edwards deep. The ball went over the top & Edwards caught it, so naturally some of these guys believe Allen was not doing his job.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:54 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Big Dave wrote:

A lot of people don't like Gailey, but I have always thought he had a very innovative offensive mind. The Bills do not have a starting caliber quarterback and their offensive line is not very good, yet, they scored 49 points, threw 4 touchdowns, and Fred Jackson rushed for 120 yards (5.5 ypc). Why can't the genius Dan Henning get us into the end zone?

Miami only like other teams coaches. They hated Mike Murlarkey who is doing a grand job in Atl.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:55 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

kev1321 wrote:
HELL NO!!!!!!!!!

1st i have to say i live in Patsy country....But how can you root for those cheating bastards....

Not only did they cheat but they are the most diisrespectful team in the history of the league....

The friggen coach does not even have enough class to shake the opposing coaches hand...
And don't even get me started about the times, like when they were beating the Dolphins by 30ish and attempted a fake spike at the end of the game or went for it on 4th down when up by 35 ......Sorry but the Jets may be a bunch of big mouth's but the Patsies are pure evil......

Don't forget!!!!Don't ever forget!!!!!!!!

You need to learn to read.

Where did I say I "root" for the Pats.

All Dolphins fans know 1 imperative: the Jets are the enemy. They are the nemesis. They are our most hated team and biggest rivalry. Always have been, always will be. I'm sorry you live in Pats country and must be submitted to Pats mania, but your situation does not change history.

I'd rather the Pats win the SB every year than the Jets even being allowed to sniff one.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:13 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

Miami only like other teams coaches. They hated Mike Murlarkey who is doing a grand job in Atl.

Because Miami fans are some of the worst in the nation.

Most are uneducated about football, and are as fair weather as there are anywhere.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:15 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

eleaf wrote:
You need to learn to read.

Where did I say I "root" for the Pats..

Lighten up Francis :awe:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:46 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

eleaf wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

Most are uneducated about football, and are as fair weather as there are anywhere.

Speak for yourself......Well, if i read this right i guess you are :grin:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:49 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

so naturally some of these guys believe Allen was not doing his job.

Still defending him after all these years. It's never Allen's fault, the coaches moved him around too much, the safety should have helped, he slipped on the field, blah blah blah....Are you related to this guy? LOL!

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:50 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

kev1321 wrote:
eleaf wrote:

Speak for yourself......Well, if i read this right i guess you are :grin:

:) :ann0y: :) :ann0y:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:53 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

[/quote]

Most are uneducated about football, and are as fair weather as there are anywhere.[/quote]

Ouch!! Fair weather?? I'm not sure this is the best place to be talking like that!! I'm pretty confident in saying that most every member of this board is far from being a fair weathered fan!!
:hithead:

Bleeding orange and teal, til I die.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:16 pm

I was at the Patriots game watching that on the jumbo-tron. Everybody was going nuts yelling at JA....I was like, yeah, I know....

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:36 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

The worst part is that he's still better than Benny Sapp.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:00 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The reason Allen was playing today for the Texans is because they have the league's worst pass defense, so they thought he would be an improvement....they were wrong :)

Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:04 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:

Still defending him after all these years. It's never Allen's fault, the coaches moved him around too much, the safety should have helped, he slipped on the field, blah blah blah....Are you related to this guy? LOL!

I do not expect you to watch the play & view it for yourself, since that would take sense.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:17 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I do not expect you to watch the play & view it for yourself, since that would take sense

You've had a man crush on him since we drafted him. I hated the pick and it's proving to be true. You keep making excuses for the due for some reason...he sucks. Talk about not making sense.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:57 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Jason Allen was just another in a long list of horrible 1st and 2nd round picks by our beloved Dolphins. Look at this year. Odrick seems like he might become a decent player, when he gets healthy and plays....but for now, the pick didn't really pay any dividends. The list of head scratching early picks by the Dolphins is long and not so distinguished....

Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:21 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I hated the Allen pick as well. That being said, I think he takes more heat than is fair. He came in the league hurt, got continuously bumped around by various coaches from one position to the next, and lost the confidence of this regime after a few starts. I think he was put in position to fail from the get go. I think he could develop into a decent corner some day, but that is going to take time and patience from another coaching staff. Then again, he may suck and be out of the NFL by this time next year. Personally I thought he looked good at times for us, and I think he would've been a stellar backup on this team (at least better than Sapp).

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:13 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:
I do not expect you to watch the play & view it for yourself, since that would take sense

You've had a man crush on him since we drafted him. I hated the pick and it's proving to be true. You keep making excuses for the due for some reason...he sucks. Talk about not making sense.

It makes as much sense as a person giving opinions on a play they haven't watched. :hithead:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:26 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

Dave he was playing Edwards short & the safety had Edwards deep. The ball went over the top & Edwards caught it, so naturally some of these guys believe Allen was not doing his job.

I finally had a chance to see the highlight film and I think it is ridiculous how people seem to zero in on Jason Allen. No one mentioned the safety ... and no mention that the game was still winnable if they had kept Santanio Holmes out of the end zone on the next play. BTW, Jason Allen wasn't covering Holmes on the td play that lost the game. I'm not defending Jason Allen, but he isn't the reason the Texans lost that game. He must be impressing someone over there as he is all ready on the field.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:06 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:

I wasn't in love with the pick, but unlike you. I wasn't sitting around hoping he would fail. I do not get Miami fans. If they hate a pick, then all they want to do & hope a pick failed.

No one hated the Ginn pick more than I. However, I was hoping he would prove me wrong. I did not sit around & bust on him every time he messed up.

There is excuse making & then there is facts. The fact is the safety was late getting there. If you watched the play & watch the way Allen played the play you would see the safety was responsible deep. However, facts has never been a strong suit for you.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:06 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

It makes as much sense as a person giving opinions on a play they haven't watched

When did I say I didn't watch the play? I did...it's just funny how it's never Jason's fault. The safety was late, sure.

I wasn't in love with the pick, but unlike you. I wasn't sitting around hoping he would fail. I do not get Miami fans. If they hate a pick, then all they want to do & hope a pick failed.

I did hate the pick but I never wanted him to "fail". Actually, I've posted on the board as well as told Rich in person that Allen should stay at safety and just take his lumps. He made some plays back there.

No one hated the Ginn pick more than I. However, I was hoping he would prove me wrong. I did not sit around & bust on him every time he messed up.

And I did on Jason? I never want a Fins player to fail.

There is excuse making & then there is facts. The fact is the safety was late getting there. If you watched the play & watch the way Allen played the play you would see the safety was responsible deep. However, facts has never been a strong suit for you.

Some of you guys and your "facts". I would love to be in the film room and see if the coaches blame Jason at all. You're not there, you don't know the facts. Ditto with the Henne picks and "facts" that you RIch, and Iowa are spewing all the time about. Speaking of facts...here's two for you, Jason was a wasted 1st rd pick for the Fins and unless you are the film room and know the exact play, they are opinions about who's fault certain plays are.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:42 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

I finally had a chance to see the highlight film and I think it is ridiculous how people seem to zero in on Jason Allen. No one mentioned the safety ... and no mention that the game was still winnable if they had kept Santanio Holmes out of the end zone on the next play. BTW, Jason Allen wasn't covering Holmes on the td play that lost the game. I'm not defending Jason Allen, but he isn't the reason the Texans lost that game. He must be impressing someone over there as he is all ready on the field.

A good corner is on his butt jumpin for the ball.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:15 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:

I did hate the pick but I never wanted him to "fail". Actually, I've posted on the board as well as told Rich in person that Allen should stay at safety and just take his lumps. He made some plays back there.
I've said it in '06 & through out the years. Allen is not a corner. He is a safety, but you can tell if people want a player to fail by how they post about them. When they start picking every single thing they do wrong & making it a big deal.

Makchell wrote:

And I did on Jason? I never want a Fins player to fail.
Mine & your views of things are different. I see what a player does right & can improve on. You seem to focus on what they did wrong & will not be able to improve on.

Makchell wrote:

Some of you guys and your "facts". I would love to be in the film room and see if the coaches blame Jason at all. You're not there, you don't know the facts. Ditto with the Henne picks and "facts" that you RIch, and Iowa are spewing all the time about.
Is it fact or myth that 4 or 5 of Henne's picks are directly related to a catchable pass being tipped by the Wr, the WR falling down or the Wr pulling up & stopping his route?

If its fact, then why is it wrong to point that out?

Makchell wrote:

Speaking of facts...here's two for you, Jason was a wasted 1st rd pick for the Fins and unless you are the film room and know the exact play, they are opinions about who's fault certain plays are.
I think Allen was at fault for allowing Edwards to get to much separation between them, but the ultimate player who wasn't there was the safety.

Ski_Money wrote:

A good corner is on his butt jumpin for the ball.
A good corner. No one ever said Allen was a good corner. I believe he would be a heck of a FS.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:00 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
He must be impressing someone over there as he is all ready on the field.

Lol...when you're 32nd in pass defense, you'll take ANYONE to go back there and attempt to cover....I'm sure if you called them up and told them Reggie Howard was available they'd take him.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next