View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Marshall misses practice, Chad Henne works 
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Marshall misses practice, Chad Henne works
Quote:
Leading receiver Brandon Marshall, coming off a hamstring injury that knocked him out for the second half of the Bears loss on Thursday, was not at practice during the open portion. Marshall told WQAM’s Michael Irvin on Friday that he would do everything in his power to get back to the field as soon as possible, but it’s unclear if Marshall will be able to play against his old AFC West foes at Oakland on Sunday.

While Tyler Thigpen continued to work with the first-team offensive line — with Richie Incognito at center and Pat McQuistan at left guard — Chad Henne took his share of reps as well. Henne had a huge brace on his sprained left knee, but his arm appeared fine and he seemed able to make all the throws.

More:

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... works.html

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:22 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Re: Marshall misses practice, Chad Henne works
Quote:
While Tyler Thigpen continued to work with the first-team offensive line -- with Richie Incognito at center and Pat McQuistan at left guard -- Chad Henne took his share of reps as well. Henne had a huge brace on his sprained left knee, but his arm appeared fine and he seemed able to make all the throws.

Mobility, obviously, will be a huge issue as the team determines whether Henne can return to the field in six days at Oakland. For now, Henne appeared to be experimenting with backpedaling on his three-step drops rather than turning away from the defense.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'd let Thigpen play this game against the Raiders....
Sit Marshall, sit Henne.

Sprinkle in some Wildcat and run those sweet plays that they ran against PIttsburgh when Thigpen was in...screens, reverses, draws....and then hope to God Miami can stop the running game of Oakland and we can win this game with a few field goals and a touchdown

16-10.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:07 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Sit Long too.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:26 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Iowafin wrote:
Sit Marshall, sit Henne.

Sprinkle in some Wildcat and run those sweet plays that they ran against PIttsburgh when Thigpen was in...screens, reverses, draws....and then hope to God Miami can stop the running game of Oakland and we can win this game with a few field goals and a touchdown

16-10.

I am not sure if I agree with sitting Henne and Marshall if they are healthy. But I do agree that we need to get back to running the ball and ball control. Oakland is beat up on the defensive front and Richard Seymour might also be suspended for this game. This would be a great time to get Ronnie and/or Ricky their first 100 yard game of the year.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:24 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

catman_56 wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Sit Marshall, sit Henne.

16-10.

I am not sure if I agree with sitting Henne and Marshall if they are healthy.

No sense in rushing Henne back as this season is all but lost...and Marshall needs to sit to get his head back.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:59 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I don't think Marshall is in any hurry to get back on the field, matter of fact I suspect he will milk this injury as long as possible.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:52 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Phin wrote:
I don't think Marshall is in any hurry to get back on the field, matter of fact I suspect he will milk this injury as long as possible.

I was thinking the same thing. If thus guy ever got Laryngitis he would want to go on IR.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:06 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Marshall should be benched anyway....

I see no reason at all to rush Henne and Long back on to the field. Henne will simply get smashed with the offensive line we have protecting him. He couldn't run before the injury....can't imagine the injury and brace have helped his mobility. Tyler might be able to stay alive scrambling out there. The game plan has to suit his style though...and I agree that the wildcat and trickery have to be a part of the plan.

I think Miami has to load up the box against the Raiders and dare them to throw....if Wake can put on pressure, the turnovers will come. The Raiders do have the receivers to make us pay if their QB gets time to throw though....

Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:06 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Iowafin wrote:
Sit Marshall, sit Henne.

16-10.

I agree, we need to run the ball this week. If we gameplan like we did against the Bears then we will suffer a similar embarrassing defeat. I think our defense will be up to the task but the offense has me worried due to all the injuries to key players.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]