View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 What Omar Kelly really thinks about QB's - Twitter 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post What Omar Kelly really thinks about QB's - Twitter
Quote:
OmarKelly RT @Ledirec: Funny how you make excuses for Thigphen and dont cut any slack with Henne. » You people see what u want to see.

OmarKelly I hate all quarterbacks, every single one, college and pros, for this exact same reason.DUMB football fans think they are the end all be all

OmarKelly I can list you 5 smart and informed reasons the Bears beat the Dolphins last night that have nothing to do with quarterback play.

OmarKelly But DUMB football fans will strictly say, Tyler Thigpen or Chad Henne or Chad Pennington sucked. It's not always about the QB.Open your eyes

OmarKelly There's a reason there's 53 players, 11 starts on offense, and 3 phased of the game. It's not always about the QB.Your obsession angers me

OmarKelly Every single week it's the same BS. The quarterback, the quarterback, the quarterback. Wake the hell up. It's not always about the QB.

OmarKelly If I do anything ever to make you a smarter football fan, please understand QBs are important, but they aren't the end all, be all.

OmarKelly RT @travismargoni: Dude, YOU hate on Henne» funny, some think I defend him too much. It's interesting how perspective works isn't it.

OmarKelly RT @Loungerat: Success in the NFL revolves around solid QB play» elite teams have good QB play, successful ones play good defense.Tampa Bay?

OmarKelly No.1 problem Dolphins have is they are a running team THAT CAN NOT RUN. It all starts there, not with ANY QB. Blame it on line, RBs, not QB

http://www.phins.com/phins-urls.html

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:03 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post Re: What Omar Kelly really thinks about QB's - Twitter
Omar is like me...SMART. :awe:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:11 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

ya I tend to agree with his post too lol

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:25 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Sorry Omar. Thigpen looked lost out there. Hey Omar, I'll bet you 10-1 odds that Thigpen will NEVER make it as a quality starting QB. Tweet that Twit.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:27 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
OmarKelly RT @splusr68 Does the finger point to o-line players, o-line coach, Henning or all 3? > Why stop there. Throw in Jeff Ireland & Tony Sparano

OmarKelly RT @Chincue Blame on Sparano everything starts with Oline & his SUCKS!What kind of HC are u if ur area of expertise is the WORST>Valid point

OmarKelly RT @nightbreeder013 Someone is frustrated, so are we> Had to put myself on a twitter timeout. But Phins fans are spolited by Griese & Marino

OmarKelly Chad Henne had the support of his linemen, but his WRs and RBs weren't helping him out. Tyler Thigpen didn't even get the linemen.

OmarKelly RT @Scaletail Is it fair to blame the three previous HCs, who left the cupboards bare?> Nope. Trifecta had plenty of time, and missed A LOT

OmarKelly RT @rjmuli 1. O-line 2. Running game 3. Offensive 3rd down efficiency 4. Defensive 3rd down efficiency 4. minus plays (sacks/penalties)> Yup

OmarKelly If you took offense to me calling SOME Dolphins fans DUMB then it's probably you talking about the QB every single week. If the shoe fits...

OmarKelly My point is, QB play isn't the end-all, be-all. About half a dozen teams have an elite one. Everyone else makes due. Dolphins need to find 1

OmarKelly It could be Henne, it could be Thigpen. Hell, it could be Bradstater for all we know. But you won't know squat without supporting cast

OmarKelly GregfromDelray Henne is our best chance next year. We need to give him the weapons / tools> They did that this offseason. Didn't work.

OmarKelly RT @AcidCrownie Look at TB/Oak. QB isn't why they're winning. It's cause the entire team is performing well> We have a smart football fan.

OmarKelly RT @BobSnedeker Weren't we told it was a 4 year plan? This is year 3.> Actually, we were told it was a 3 year project. This is year 3

Last edited by AQNOR on Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:55 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Omar Kelly wrote:
OmarKelly It could be Henne, it could be Thigpen. Hell, it could be Bradstater for all we know. But you won't know squat without supporting cast

I'm with Omar on this.

The dolphins made some adjustments to one last year's best offensive lines in the NFL. They have not been able to run consistently and the Wild Cat no longer works.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
OmarKelly RT @js1701 Respectfully disagree w/U on that. Playcalling has handcuffed Henne this yr> You don't know the full scope of the picture.

OmarKelly There are plenty of instances where Chad Henne is CALLING for max protection, not the play dictates it. Fans don't see full picture

OmarKelly Nobody told Chad Henne not to go for the homerun. It's in the plays. He decides not to go there due to lack of confidence. That's on QB

OmarKelly FACT: Chad Henne was benched because he wasn't leading the offense properly, or executing it to it's full potential. Will he change?

OmarKelly Rossiecom & you do? LOL. No one see's the full picture except the coaches> Absolutely correct, but my view & contacts much better than yours

OmarKelly RT @artistrickards I think Dan Henning is major Reason why we suck on offense> You'll find out next season when he walks way.

OmarKelly But do understand that a change at OC will stunt the growth of Chad Henne and anyone but a new QB that's added, especially if scheme changes

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:07 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
OmarKelly RT @SweetLouSiman Henne showed signs of change vs. Titans> Yeah, because he stopped playing scared and played with a screw you attitude

OmarKelly RT @md_schmidt And that's your opinion; Henne hit plenty of HR's at Michigan> And the great heights he led the Wolverines to was????????????

OmarKelly RT @finfan91 What do u predict happens with Henne>If he can't bounce back from benching, injury, competition,he wasn't THE ONE to begin with

OmarKelly On that note, I'M OUT because you people are ONCE AGAIN becoming obsessed with QB talk. ...I HATE TALKING ABOUT QBs.

OmarKelly I realize it's a mistake talking to fans after losses because all most of u do it try to take your anger out on someone. Won't be me anymore

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:21 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

OmarKelly RT @AcidCrownie Look at TB/Oak. QB isn't why they're winning. It's cause the entire team is performing well> We have a smart football fan.

WRONG! I live in Tampa and listen to sports radio as well getting the Bucs all the time. Freeman has how many 4th qt combacks this year? This team is winning because of Freeman. Here are some of his stats..90 rating 12tds 5picks. His defense can't stop the run or anybody for that matter. It all starts with solid QB play. A solid QB keeps the defense off the field and can make plays when needed.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:08 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Makchell wrote:

WRONG! I live in Tampa and listen to sports radio as well getting the Bucs all the time. Freeman has how many 4th qt combacks this year? This team is winning because of Freeman. Here are some of his stats..90 rating 12tds 5picks. His defense can't stop the run or anybody for that matter. It all starts with solid QB play. A solid QB keeps the defense off the field and can make plays when needed.

Well, Mak. It looks like Omar Kelly would be saying that you are un-"smart" then.

:fart:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

It always boils down with these media types and some fans that its the talent pool. Well news flash...you could start the Dade County Fighting Chicken Hens with Brady, Manning, Bres etc at QB and those QBs would elevate the play of the people around them. Marino had 1 losing season in 17. It was because the QB position is the head of the snake.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:48 pm

BTW...look at the Raiders.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:49 pm

I think Omar's Pimp Hat is too tight

Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:50 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Well if I read him right he acknowledged that elite QB play is best but since they are limited you have to make do.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:55 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

It always boils down with these media types and some fans that its the talent pool. Well news flash...you could start the Dade County Fighting Chicken Hens with Brady, Manning, Bres etc at QB and those QBs would elevate the play of the people around them. Marino had 1 losing season in 17. It was because the QB position is the head of the snake.

Great post. We need a stud QB! What I ahve seen in this league over the last few season is that the teams with stud QBs, win. I am at the point that we need to draft a QB every year in the 1st rd. Worse case, we have trade bait. Of course we have a salary, but come...QB is the most important position. Look at what happened to ARZ when Warner retired or look at what is happening with Tampabay with a QB growing in front of their eyes. I hope Henne is learning from all this, God knows we need him to become a stud!

Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:12 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Well, Mak. It looks like Omar Kelly would be saying that you are un-"smart" then.

Well, opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one and most are full shizzt.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]