View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 Bears 16, Dolphins 0 (The Good, The Bad and The Ugly 
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Bears 16, Dolphins 0 (The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Bears 16, Dolphins 0
Written by Rich Rodriguez
Friday, 19 November 2010

The Good

Cameron Wake continues to be a force, with 6 tackles, 1 sack and a forced fumble. Wake also made some of those tackles against the run behind or at the line of scrimmage. Run defense was supposed to be his weakness.

Brian Hartline is the only guy who showed up on offense. With 5 catches for 70 yards, including a 24 yard catch down the sideline, he was more dependable than superstar diva whiny byotch Brandon Marshall on this night.

The Bad

The offense as a whole was putrid. A goose egg on the board will attest to that. The Dolphins only called 7 running plays. The leading rusher was Tyler Thigpen with 27 yards.

Dan Henning's lack of balance on playcalling all year has been atrocious. It seems Henning loves to put quarterbacks in positions to fail by asking them to throw too much and not establishing a running game to help them out. Playaction on 3rd and 13 is simply a ridiculous call.

Brandon Marshall is hurting this team on the field with his antics. Throwing the ball to the sidelines, talking trash, dropping passes. This guy is simply not a leader. He has a lot of maturing to do.

The Dolphins defense could not stop the run or get off the field on third down.

The Bears had the ball on offense for 37:51. This is not a winning formula for a team that lacks big play ability.

The Ugly

Tyler Thigpen had an ugly debut starting his first game for the Dolphins. He threw one terrible interception and should have had another. There were some nice throws, but there were a few that were too high and a couple that didn't come near anyone with a Dolphins jersey. The reason Thigpen goes under the "ugly" rather than the "bad" is that he had very little blocking, his number 1 target was dropping passes and got injured and his offensive coordinator completely left him out to dry by completely abandoning the run game. There were only 7 called running plays versus 35 called passing plays. That being said, there were plays to be made and Thigpen didn't make them.

Things are getting pretty dire. The Dolphins are a banged up team. The offensive coordinator has done nothing to adjust to more of a running style. Special teams continue to be shaky, even though they have improved. And the fanbase is growing restless with this coaching staff and front office.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:48 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post Re: Bears 16, Dolphins 0 (The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
The coaching needs to go, they are accepting this sort of trash now. Sparano and Henning need fired TODAY.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:48 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Good read. Why couldn't you talk like that last night? I probably shouldn't have called anyone a idiot. But like you I was pretty pissed off. For the name calling I do apologize. But what you are saying I was saying. I don't Thigpen was Dan Marino but, I feel like he did a better job then Henne would have. I like Henne and think he can be a good starter in the NFL. But the combination of no offensive line, and no running game, with question marks for playing too, No QB could have succeeded in that offense last night. Go article though!

"The task of the leader is to get his people from where they are to where they have not been..."
— Henry Kissinger

Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:19 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

This guy is simply not a leader. He has a lot of maturing to do.

Some of us were saying this when we signed him and got flamed during the summer.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:20 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

"he was more dependable than superstar diva whiny byotch Brandon Marshall on this night."

:) couldn't have said it better myself. Playoffs? Playoffs!!??!!

Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:33 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Makchell wrote:
This guy is simply not a leader. He has a lot of maturing to do.

Some of us were saying this when we signed him and got flamed during the summer.

I didn't "flame" anyone but I was pretty vocal about getting him. Mistake, no doubt.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:58 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

dolphinjim wrote:
The coaching needs to go, they are accepting this sort of trash now. Sparano and Henning need fired TODAY.

Henning needs to go. He only came out of retirement for Parcells. I think he will go simply because Parcells is gone now.

Sparano has this team so unless Ross makes a knee jerk decision then Sparano stays. Getting a new HC will only hinder this team.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:01 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

If the head coach can't rein in an idiot coordinator, then he deserves to be shown the door as well. I am tired of this regime. The team is awful. Also, if Sparano had a lot of input on our personnel selection.....and I think he has had that input....then that is another reason he needs to go. We have some youthful talent to build around, but there is a major house cleaning to be done. What the hell is causing our players to get hurt, even when they aren't hit? Poor conditioning is a possibility...

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:18 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
Bears 16, Dolphins 0
Friday, 19 November 2010

The Good

Cameron Wake continues to be a force, with 6 tackles, 1 sack and a forced fumble. Wake also made some of those tackles against the run behind or at the line of scrimmage. Run defense was supposed to be his weakness.

Cam Wake was in Cutler's face all night. This would account for some of those bad passes that Cutler threw last night. Cam Wake is giving our secondary interception opportunities ... they need to hold onto them.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Well, to me Thigpen played okay, not great, 17/29, 1 tipped pass interception.

Sacked 6 times though, the Bears had 12 sacks coming into this game...

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:41 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Well, to me Thigpen played okay, not great, 17/29, 1 tipped pass interception

We scored 0 points. No matter what anyone says, it starts with the QB. Look at ARZ when Warner left. Look at ATL, Balt, Det, and Jets when they got legit QBs. Maybe I just expect more.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:44 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Makchell wrote:

We scored 0 points. No matter what anyone says, it starts with the QB. Look at ARZ when Warner left. Look at ATL, Balt, Det, and Jets when they got legit QBs. Maybe I just expect more.

Now add 6 sacks and 22 rushing yards to Warner, and take away Fitzgerald, and Boldin, and then you have a point.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:49 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Cam Wake was in Cutler's face all night.

Yet Culter still converted 3rd downs when needed.

Now add 6 sacks and 22 rushing yards to Warner, and take away Fitzgerald, and Boldin, and then you have a point.

My point is that ARZ sucks without Warner.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:12 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Makchell wrote:

You act like they are on equal footing. Cutler is a former first round pick who has started for 4 years. The only experience that Thigpen has had is for a 1 win Herm Edwards Chiefs team.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:27 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

The Ugly .... Quentin Moses celebrating a sack with a horrific dance in the 4th quarter when the game was out of hand.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:21 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

You act like they are on equal footing. Cutler is a former first round pick who has started for 4 years. The only experience that Thigpen has had is for a 1 win Herm Edwards Chiefs team

Yeah, but the other argument is that the Bears defense was in his face. SO let me get this straight.....the excuse for Thigpen is that the OL sucked, but the OL for the Bears sucked, but he's a 1st rd pick with 4 years experience. I get the latter part, but a QB that has started 12 games should do better.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:24 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
The Good

Brian Hartline is the only guy who showed up on offense. With 5 catches for 70 yards, including a 24 yard catch down the sideline, he was more dependable than superstar diva whiny byotch Brandon Marshall on this night.

You know, I would almost add DT Tony McDaniel on this list.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:58 pm
Profile WWW

Big Dave wrote:
Rich wrote:
Bears 16, Dolphins 0
Friday, 19 November 2010

The Good

Cam Wake was in Cutler's face all night. This would account for some of those bad passes that Cutler threw last night. Cam Wake is giving our secondary interception opportunities ... they need to hold onto them.

I think the thing that pissed me off the most was watching that LT hold him on every pass play and get away with it most of the night. They called 3 holding penalties, 2 when the game was no longer competitive. That and the opening safety that wasn't. I'm not sure I've ever seen a team the refs enjoy beating on so much.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:29 pm

RedZone wrote:
Why couldn't you talk like that last night?

Because

Quote:
I probably shouldn't have called anyone a idiot.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:08 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:

I think the thing that pissed me off the most was watching that LT hold him on every pass play and get away with it most of the night. They called 3 holding penalties, 2 when the game was no longer competitive. That and the opening safety that wasn't. I'm not sure I've ever seen a team the refs enjoy beating on so much.

Yea, it was the refs fault Miami lost.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:17 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Rich wrote:
Bears 16, Dolphins 0
Friday, 19 November 2010

The Good

The Bad

The offense as a whole was putrid. A goose egg on the board will attest to that. The Dolphins only called 7 running plays. The leading rusher was Tyler Thigpen with 27 yards.

Dan Henning's lack of balance on playcalling all year has been atrocious. It seems Henning loves to put quarterbacks in positions to fail by asking them to throw too much and not establishing a running game to help them out. Playaction on 3rd and 13 is simply a ridiculous call.

Brandon Marshall is hurting this team on the field with his antics. Throwing the ball to the sidelines, talking trash, dropping passes. This guy is simply not a leader. He has a lot of maturing to do.

The Dolphins defense could not stop the run or get off the field on third down.

The Bears had the ball on offense for 37:51. This is not a winning formula for a team that lacks big play ability.

The Ugly

Tyler Thigpen had an ugly debut starting his first game for the Dolphins. He threw one terrible interception and should have had another. There were some nice throws, but there were a few that were too high and a couple that didn't come near anyone with a Dolphins jersey. The reason Thigpen goes under the "ugly" rather than the "bad" is that he had very little blocking, his number 1 target was dropping passes and got injured and his offensive coordinator completely left him out to dry by completely abandoning the run game. There were only 7 called running plays versus 35 called passing plays. That being said, there were plays to be made and Thigpen didn't make them.

Things are getting pretty dire. The Dolphins are a banged up team. The offensive coordinator has done nothing to adjust to more of a running style. Special teams continue to be shaky, even though they have improved. And the fanbase is growing restless with this coaching staff and front office.

You do realize that the one interception that he threw was tipped at the line of scrimmage. It wasn't knocked up in the air, but it took enough off the throw to make it short. Watch it again.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:57 am

windwalker wrote:
You do realize that the one interception that he threw was tipped at the line of scrimmage. It wasn't knocked up in the air, but it took enough off the throw to make it short. Watch it again.

A couple of weeks ago when Henne threw an interception to Ed Reed that was tipped by Brandon Marshall, no one seemed to care that it was. So why should it matter for Thigpen?

And whether that interception was tipped or not, does that somehow change the notion that Thigpen had a bad game?

No.

Split hairs if you want. It is what it is.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:58 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Makchell wrote:

You act like they are on equal footing. Cutler is a former first round pick who has started for 4 years. The only experience that Thigpen has had is for a 1 win Herm Edwards Chiefs team.

Uh, there's a reason for that.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:05 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Makchell wrote:

Points is an entirely unreasonable expectation for an offense.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]