View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 
 Are you as embarrassed as I am? 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Are you as embarrassed as I am?
Marshall has a first quarter melt down. 2 critical drops, a stupid penalty (he threw the ball at Cutler on the sideline) and his block in the back killed a first down and forced that INT. The guy is a one man wrecking crew. If Sparano doesn't deal with this cancer tomorrow, my fear is Sparano will make more excuses as to why he won't deal with him. If so, bring on Cowher. This team is going nowhere under Sparano. Yeah they've had a bad run of luck but you make your own luck in this league. Henning was atrocious. No screens. He called one reverse and it was wide open had Hartline not fumbled. No more called in the game. No runs outside. 9 guys at the LOS inside the box...they run up the middle. Stupid. Basic Pop Warner football when the defense crashes the middle you go outside. Henning doesn't get it. He's got a QB who is better outside the pocket than inside and what does he have him do all game...stay in the pocket. Nolan was completely outcoached. The Dolphins are a bad football team right now and it has nothing to do with the injuries. This was just poor preparation. Poor coordination on both sides of the ball. This wasn't the Giants, Patriots or Jets. This was the Bears. A middle of the road team who'll probably miss the playoffs altogether. The only winning team they beat is Miami. What a joke. :cry:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:06 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Are you as embarrassed as I am?
Embarrassed, humiliated, pissed off....

The most pathetic performance I have ever seen.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:09 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I guess I was way too excited for this game because that hurt to watch

& when I wake up tomorrow morning, I'll be wishing I was hung over because that would feel better then going to work & having to think about this loss

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:14 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

At least tomorrows Friday....

5 - 11 should give us a good draft pick....

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:16 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NO, this wasn't the worst....that spanking the Patriots delivered to our squad earlier this season was the worst. This team flat out stinks though. I want to see the whole regime thrown out and I want us to blow out some of these guys for draft picks. This team needs a disciplinarian as its next coach, because the team has no, or very little heart.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:17 am

The problem is they'll win enough to ruin the draft pick as well

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:18 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I'm not embarassed, I just don't care anymore. I'll start caring when the organization starts caring.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:18 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

nope i am not... we have a d that played well...st was fine... we played a 3rd center,3rd qb 2nd string g and 3rd string g...and carey was in and out as well....no way that line can open running lanes and Long has a bum shoulder... hope they shut him down soon....season is done....HENNE IS OUR QB NOW AND FOR THE FUTURE !!! hartline looked good...with this disastrous season I guarantee Henning will retire :fart: :fart: ... we know can focus our draft and fa signings on offense...next year will be make or break for Sparano....this was not our year!!!

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:23 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

I'm embarassed for the guys who thought Thigpen was the future.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:26 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:

Didn't you hear? It wasn't Thigpen that played bad...it was everyone else...Thigpen played great.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:30 am

Rich wrote:

:) How about Patrick Ramsey he looked good while with the Redskins.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:31 am

Rich wrote:

Did you see the OL play tonight...Henne would've been sacked 50 times. Please. Blame one of the two guys who didn't quit trying. No blocking, WR's quitting on routes, Marshall dropping passes etc etc. Yeah it was Thigpen. :hithead: Let's blame Wake too....he let a few plays happen as well.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:31 am

Iowafin wrote:
Rich wrote:

Didn't you hear? It wasn't Thigpen that played bad...it was everyone else...Thigpen played great.

You've obviously not played a team sport in your entire life. When Pittsburgh lost its starting QB at the start of the season they could've fell apart too. Oddly enough they manned up and played better. Their OC didn't ASK the next QB to win the game...he just asked him not to lose it. How many times did Miami rush the ball tonight?

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:33 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
Rich wrote:

Did you see the OL play tonight...Henne would've been sacked 50 times. Please. Blame one of the two guys who didn't quit trying. No blocking, WR's quitting on routes, Marshall dropping passes etc etc. Yeah it was Thigpen. :hithead: Let's blame Wake too....he let a few plays happen as well.

Just because a guy didn't quit doesn't mean his poor play didn't have an impact on the game.

Maybe the team quit because they had no leader at the QB position.

Nobody kept telling Thigpen to throwing high and into double and triple coverage...

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:34 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I thought Thigpen looked fine running for his life. He probably had more yards than the R&R express. Marshall dropped two easy first downs, threw another away (literally) with a jackass penalty and then gave a shove in the back of a defender to nullify another first down. Thigpen certainly didn't make the throws tonight, but the cupboard is somewhat bare at the moment.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:35 am

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
I thought Thigpen looked fine running for his life. He probably had more yards than the R&R express. Marshall dropped two easy first downs, threw another away (literally) with a jackass penalty and then gave a shove in the back of a defender to nullify another first down. Thigpen certainly didn't make the throws tonight, but the cupboard is somewhat bare at the moment.

How is the cupboard bare?

We were missing mediocre Joe Berger.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:36 am

maybe the team quit because the coaches were clueless as to how to stop a slant pass or a QB from scrambling. Or maybe it was the other one who forgot he had a couple of running backs. Throw high...he hit Marshall in stride for what might have been 6 had he not dropped it. Soft throw, right in the numbers....50 million dollar drop. When you're down to your 3rd guy, the other guys have to step up. That didn't happen. It wasn't Thigpen's fault he was being flushed, sacked and harassed all evening by a pathetic DL that isn't known for getting pressure.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:38 am

Rich wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:

How is the cupboard bare?

2nd string center went down on the 3rd play of hte game. Long was in an arm brace. Marshall was injured........add that to the list of already injured and it is quite bare.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:39 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
[/quote]2nd string center went down on the 3rd play of hte game. Long was in an arm brace. Marshall was injured........add that to the list of already injured and it is quite bare.[/quote]

Even before the cupboard became bare during the game, Thigpen still looked bad.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:40 am

Thigpen actually looked like he could get it done but Marshall wasn't on the same page. Sorry the guy single handedly destroyed 3-4 drives with his penalties, dropped passes and knuckeheadedness. After he left the game, Thigpen no long had a reliable target outside of Hartline. RW not turning his head on a blitz...C'mon MAN!!!

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:43 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I hope Thigpen gets another chance.

"The task of the leader is to get his people from where they are to where they have not been..."
— Henry Kissinger

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:44 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Not embarrassed, just disappointed. Tyler Thigpen needed help tonight and Dan Henning put together just a ridiculous game plan. Mark Schlerath and Teddy Bruschi are just ripping him on ESPN in regards to no run game.

I know we have folks that hate the Wildcat, but this was the game were I certainly thought we would see it some, and try to do something in the run game to take some pressure off of Thigpen.

The OL was already banged up, then you lose the backup center and Icognito has to move to center. Jake Long showed a lot of heart and did not play badly considering his injury. I still believe Vernon Carey needs to improve his game and lose some weight. Once again, he had issues.

Brandon Marshall is really starting to piss me off with his dumb butt antics. For the 2nd week in a row he draws a silly penalty, drops 2 keys passes and then unfortunately get's hurt with a hamstring.

Defense played well considering how long they were on the field tonight and Cam Wake is all that Miami could hope he would be. Once again Sean Smith showed that he is just a piss poor tackler, and in some cases just did not give good effort in regards to tackling.

I was hoping this team could get back to the playoffs this year, but I can't see any scenario were this team is able to pull itself together.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:45 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Don't forget our starting right tackle also going down with an injury, did Carey come back into the game?....Thigpen was running for his life tonight. Henne or Penny would not have finished this game upright.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:46 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

phinsfansc wrote:
Not embarrassed, just disappointed. Tyler Thigpen needed help tonight and Dan Henning put together just a ridiculous game plan. Mark Schlerath and Teddy Bruschi are just ripping him on ESPN in regards to no run game.

I know we have folks that hate the Wildcat, but this was the game were I certainly thought we would see it some, and try to do something in the run game to take some pressure off of Thigpen.

The OL was already banged up, then you lose the backup center and Icognito has to move to center. Jake Long showed a lot of heart and did not play badly considering his injury. I still believe Vernon Carey needs to improve his game and lose some weight. Once again, he had issues.

Brandon Marshall is really starting to piss me off with his dumb butt antics. For the 2nd week in a row he draws a silly penalty, drops 2 keys passes and then unfortunately get's hurt with a hamstring.

Defense played well considering how long they were on the field tonight and Cam Wake is all that Miami could hope he would be. Once again Sean Smith showed that he is just a piss poor tackler, and in some cases just did not give good effort in regards to tackling.

I was hoping this team could get back to the playoffs this year, but I can't see any scenario were this team is able to pull itself together.

^^ This

Can we please... PLEASE. Fire Dan Henning.

Last edited by hypocritex on Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:50 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinsfansc wrote:

Agree with most of this.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:51 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

not only did Icognito move to center..Mcquistan moved to LG so we had our 3rd string gaurd at rg...throw in jake playing hurt, and Carey going in and out of the game...we had zero chance...throw in Marshalls piss poor half, and yeah we were done!!! Mark my words HENNING WILL RETIRE AT THE END OF THIS YEAR!!..Once we are out of it, they will shutdown Long, so I expect us to have an expansion level O-line for the final 4 or 5 games...

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:04 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Worst game I have seen in a while!

Not even an attempt to run the ball. Thigpen had no help nor could he help himself. We just look really slow out there almost like everyone accepts being average.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:14 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

not embarassed ... just pi$$ed off that the coaches didn't help Tyler out with some smarter play calling. Talk about feeding him to the wolves ...
Tyler needed a bit of Wildcat, a draw, a screen pass ... geez anything to take a bit off the pressure off him. Instead he held onto the ball too long trying to make the big play, on a night when the OL was banged up and didn't protect him.
All that play action staff in the last half ... the Bears weren't fooled ... that was the perfect time for the coaches to try a draw or a screen, as I recall RB going straight through the line untouched into the secondary on a few occasions faking the run.
:angry:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:33 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:

^^^This.^^^

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:46 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I agree that we aren't using the running game, but I'm of mind it's because we don't have a running game. We've bad very inconsistent in the running game all year, trending bad. Even when we don't abandon the run. Ultimately, our passing game is our only offensive strength this season, and the running game is a liability.

I agree that we're runnin' on empy right now; our offense is blown up with injuries.

But none of that, including any playcalling issues (whether perceived or real) mean that Thigpen did anything redeeming except not quit. The team didn't give him much help because it doesn't seem that the team doesn't believes in him. They see him every day; they know what he has.

The offense is in disarray. The coaching staff will use the 10 day break to get stuff straight in the locker room. Sparano is very business-like in his approach, and he sets high expectations. He will cut guys up to and including coordinators if you don't come in and do your job professionally and with a sense of pride.

We played a good team with much of our offense, including our 2 QBs that are worth anything on the field, Marshall acting out. The entire staff from Ireland on down is in overdrive right now dealing with offensive issues of various sorts. What we can hope for is Henne to be able to play in 10 days. I'd rather have a 60-70% Henne than a healthy Thigpen. He's wreckless with his throws; he's going to get one of his guys killed, and they don't believe in him initially.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:16 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]