View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 7 Times!!! 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post 7 Times!!!
We ran the football 13 times against Chicago. Of those 13 carries, only 7 were by our runningbacks. Thigpen ran the ball as many times as Ricky and Ronnie combined! We only ran the football 4 times in the first half. If you are down to your third string quarterback and your left tackle is injured you don't throw the ball all day long! What the heck were we thinking! You've got to pound the rock, you've got to use the Wildcat, you've got to at least try to take some pressure off of your team. When you have a weakness you try to compensate for it by altering your gameplan. We were calling the plays like Dan Marino was standing in the huddle! I'm 100% with Mark Schlereth from the NFL network, this gameplan looked like it was drawn up with frickin crayons! Our gameplan was absolute garbage! Bottom line, we looked like a team that was unprepared to play. When your team is unprepared, that falls on your coaches!
:boo:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:43 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post Re: 7 Times!!!
Hennings game planning and play calling this year make me want to stab myself in the eye with a chicken wing!!!...Marc Anthony could call a better game for us

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:47 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

What kills me is that Sparano keeps quoting numbers that backs up the fact that we lose games more often than not, when we don't run the ball 25+ times in a game. So IF he knows that, how do you explain the last 2 weeks in terms of rushing attempts? We weren't exactly blown out of the game on the scoreboard until late in the 3rd, so there's no excuse to throw at all costs through the 1st 3 quarters (especially with an inexperienced and nervous QB)

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:50 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

winstonwolf99 wrote:
What kills me is that Sparano keeps quoting numbers that backs up the fact that we lose games more often than not, when we don't run the ball 25+ times in a game. So IF he knows that, how do you explain the last 2 weeks in terms of rushing attempts? We weren't exactly blown out of the game on the scoreboard until late in the 3rd, so there's no excuse to throw at all costs through the 1st 3 quarters (especially with an inexperienced and nervous QB)

For a team that supposedly prides itself on having a power run offense we sure do throw it a heck of a lot. There is no excuse for calling only 7 run plays in a game! We ran the football more when we faced the Steelers! Our coaches suck!

Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:38 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

We cant run the ball.
We can throw the ball
We cant stop them on thrid down.

TGIF - 5 - 11 = better draft position...

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:50 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Henning will be made the scapegoat but as some point as the head coach isnt it fair that he shoulder some of the blame as well. Where does the buck stop? Certainly not with Parcells anymore.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:54 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I have seen enough, goodbye Tony and Dan. Ross needs to make a move now.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:44 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I totally agree, piss poor play-calling. Bears stack the box, we run up the middle. 3rd and long we do play-action!?! I mean c'mon.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]