View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Marshall Needs to Be Called Out 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Marshall Needs to Be Called Out
The guy is overpaid so far this season, and really acting like a mor0n. I like his abilities, but he drops far too many balls and flaps his gums way too much. I'd say the honeymoon period is over, the guy better start performing.
:boo:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:56 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Marshall Needs to Be Called Out
I'm not sure he flaps his gums too much....but he can't be dropping passes, then when he actually catches it get a penalty....he's not helping the team on the field.
I was willing to forgive some of the drops and forgive the penalty last week. However, he did it again this week....he should be punished. It's unacceptable.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:01 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Wow .. that's a little harsh for you isn't it. "punished".

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:07 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Iowafin wrote:
I'm not sure he flaps his gums too much....but he can't be dropping passes, then when he actually catches it get a penalty....he's not helping the team on the field.
I was willing to forgive some of the drops and forgive the penalty last week. However, he did it again this week....he should be punished. It's unacceptable.

I certainly agree with everything Iowafin stated.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:48 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Marshall is becoming a cancer on the field.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:50 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I think he needs at least a week on the bench. Of course, that will just make his attitude worse....

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:52 am

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
I think he needs at least a week on the bench. Of course, that will just make his attitude worse....

This is why I argued all offseason about being lukewarm about getting Marshall.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:53 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I gave last week a pass. After tonight, I am not happy with this kid .... at all.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:54 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Just once, I was hoping Miami could buy a break. The Patriots bring in Moss and he gives them several good seasons and takes them to the Super Bowl...yeah, he wore out his welcome, but it was a great move for them. Didn't they trade him for a higher pick than they gave for him? The Dolphins just can't buy a break....we get a choice between Culpooper and Brees and we take the loser. Fate has not smiled on this team at all.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:56 am

I was probably the most ardent Marshall supporter. I'm now calling for him to be cut. You have to get rid of cancer before it infects the entire team. Porter was that guy last season. Time to move on. It was a nice experiment and yes he's one of the most talented WR's in the league. It doesn't matter if the guy is costing you football games with selfish acts. Bottom line I might try benching for a week. If that didn't work, he'd be gone. The season is over now anyway so its not like there's anything left to play for. 5-5 with 6 to go and the only way to make the playoffs is to win out. If anyone thinks this team is going to do that, I'll bet $5 to your $1. This team would do well to lose out and get a decent shot at another high draft choice next April.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:07 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yeah....I am praying for us to just lose out now....we need the picks, especially with a new coaching staff coming in. I hate it when they tease you with a couple late wins and end up picking in the middle of the pack...

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:08 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Yeah....I am praying for us to just lose out now....we need the picks, especially with a new coaching staff coming in. I hate it when they tease you with a couple late wins and end up picking in the middle of the pack...

Careful, I got ripped for saying something similar to this last week.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:11 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
I was probably the most ardent Marshall supporter. I'm now calling for him to be cut. You have to get rid of cancer before it infects the entire team. Porter was that guy last season. Time to move on. It was a nice experiment and yes he's one of the most talented WR's in the league. It doesn't matter if the guy is costing you football games with selfish acts. Bottom line I might try benching for a week. If that didn't work, he'd be gone. The season is over now anyway so its not like there's anything left to play for. 5-5 with 6 to go and the only way to make the playoffs is to win out. If anyone thinks this team is going to do that, I'll bet $5 to your $1. This team would do well to lose out and get a decent shot at another high draft choice next April.

WHOA, cut? Lets not get ridiculous here. The guy is on a crappy team with a carousel of qbs throwing him the ball. Lets try to put a little perspective on it. I don't like his attitude or his lack of production, but Im not about to cut bait and run. The guy costed us a pretty penny to bring in here and I think that he can still be a productive and positive member of this team. I think he needs to get an attitude adjustment for sure, but winning can cure most anything. I'd wait to see how next year pans out before making any decisions to get rid of him. As for the locker room cancer bit, I think that is probably the most overhyped statement in sports. These guys are professionals and will only be baited into someone's crap for so long. These guys have their own minds and will always look to protect the bottom line (their paycheck). You have your bad apples among the bushel, but they are always easy to spot.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:15 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
Marshall is becoming a cancer on the field.

I have to say that last night's behavior was disappointing to me. Blowing off steam last week can be forgiven, but last night he was nothing but a jerk. Make him sit out a game or half a game for hurting the team ... and fine him.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:17 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I think we should trade him to the bears so he and Jay can get back together.....

I blame coaching.. Sorry But players are like kids and they will try to get away with whatever they can. Our coach can not handle a player will a strong will like BM..

I also think I watched 3/4th of a team give up yesterday.. again coaching...

Lest face it BM is not happy and will not be here next season. With the injuries we are looking at it's not like we have much of a shot at the playoffs this season.. Trade the guy off at the end of the season and kill it before it grows.. Sorry but I am about fed up with large mouthed WR's who drop 3 balls then get cocky when they finally do the job they are overpaid to do and make a catch...

We don't have a QB that can hit a deep threat WR ... so bringing one in from the start was doomed IMO
Either we allow the Damm QB to start throwing Down field or we need to avoid the ball starved deep threats ..

The O-line simply is so banged up right now that they are not going to be able to protect anyone. Not sure where the O-line stands till all the injury reports come back in the next few days...

I'm not sure what to think right now.. I think we had a shot, I think Henning and injuries have killed that shot. and the result of that is that the coach is losing this team..

Me I'll always be a Phins Fan ... but some weeks I wish I liked basketball!!

and as for this site.. OMG people can we stop blasting each other... It's not fun to read, I come here for phins news and to laugh and cry with you crazy people.. Not to have to listen to you call each other names.. We are all on the same team not?

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:23 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Quote:
Brandon Marshall let Jay Cutler get in his headPosted by Michael David Smith on November 19, 2010, 11:16 AM EST
Dolphins receiver Brandon Marshall picked up an idiotic taunting penalty during Thursday night’s loss to the Bears, and Jay Cutler is taking the credit for it.

Cutler, the Bears quarterback who was Marshall’s teammate in Denver, says that he got in Marshall’s head, and that’s apparently why Marshall decided to toss a football in Cutler’s direction, picking up a 15-yard penalty.

“I was getting after him early in the game,” Cutler said after the Bears beat the Dolphins. “I was telling him he wasn’t going to catch any balls.”

Apparently it worked. And it’s a lesson for future Dolphins opponents: Marshall can’t control his temper, so if you can get under his skin early in the game, he’ll probably hand your team a free 15 yards at some point.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -his-head/

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:34 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Two straight weeks Marshall puts himself ahead of the team, and how can he be trusted out on the field now?

He did that stuff with Jake Long playing with a bad shoulder, Proctor with a shredded knee, and he still does this?

His hammy looked bad, so Sparano does not have to bench him per se, he is benched due to injuries.

So who replaces him?

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:38 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
Marshall can’t control his temper, so if you can get under his skin early in the game, he’ll probably hand your team a free 15 yards at some point.

Thats been known for a few years now. JP did that with him a couple years back when we played them. This isn't anything new. Perhaps some counseling or psychotherapy sessions are in order for Mr. Marshall.
:)

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:10 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

i would definitely not play him this sunday

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]