View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Vick? 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Vick?
Listening to some local radio up here (south jersey), i have heard that Vick has yet to sign a contract extension with the eagles, although the eagles HAVE BEEN trying to re-sign this guy. he keeps turning down the offers. the local radio shows assume he is going to test the free agent market this off-season to get as much money as he can.

With his outstanding play as a QB for the eagles, and the 180 he turned with his personality, would you bet it all and risk overpaying for Vick?

Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:07 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Re: Vick?
If Vick can continue to play at this level (or near to it), the Eagles would be crazy to let him go. Also, Vick would be crazy to leave Philadelphia. He is a great fit there in that offense.

Quote:
The Philadelphia Inquirer reports that the Eagles want to keep Michael Vick for "next season and beyond," but there have been no contract talks between the two sides. The team will hold meetings in the next few weeks to discuss the future of Vick as well as other candidates for new contracts. Vick could be a highly sought after free agent if he makes it to the open market in March, but he acknowledged that he would favor the Eagles considering their leap of faith to sign him in 2009. For what it's worth former Eagles great and current ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski "can't see" Vick not being the team's quarterback in 2011.
Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News

Michael Vick suggested Thursday that re-signing with the Eagles will be his top priority for 2011. "When nobody else wanted me they did," said Vick, "and I'll defintely have to take that into consideration when it's time to make a decision." Vick has proven to be not only better than Kevin Kolb but also one of the best quarterbacks in the league this season. It's easy to envision him re-upping with the Eagles. Pending the new CBA, the Eagles will also have the option of using the franchise tag.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... FL&id=2107

Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:19 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Quote:
Michael Vick suggested Thursday that re-signing with the Eagles will be his top priority for 2011. "When nobody else wanted me they did," said Vick, "and I'll defintely have to take that into consideration when it's time to make a decision."

They would be crazy to even let him sniff Free Agency....But I guess he wants to see what his "value" would be outside the Eagles....

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:37 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Just my opinion....

5 year 60$ million would be the starting bid...

Depending on what goes down with the union I say Philly signs Vick to a minimum 60 - 80 million dollar contract...

Kolb barely fits into the equation, they will be looking to trade him on or before draft day...

All pure speculation tho, no real facts..

Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:56 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The Eagles team speed on offense is really what makes him so freaking dangerous right now. I don't think that would get replicated here in Miami.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:26 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

We didn't do too well with the first Vick we had. Don't think we'll get a chance at the second one. Plus, I am still on the Henne bandwagon.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:33 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I say no, because if he came to Miami he'll revert back to his thuggish ways.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:25 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Alex13 wrote:
I say no, because if he came to Miami he'll revert back to his thuggish ways.

and you base this off of what?

If you can get this guy you do. Hes a game changer and playing at an elite level. If it came down to just this season id rather have Vick then Payton Manning. Hes been that good

Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:27 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

If he came here he would suck. Only because of our conservative offense. Phili is the perfect spot for him right now. Good line, good WRs, aggressive etc. He is aggressive and needs the offense to suit him.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:49 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

the one thing I like is that Reid wasn't stubborn. He tried Kolb, but it didn't work. He went with what was working. Note to Dan Henning.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:53 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I've been predicting Phili @ Atlanta for the NFC Championship Game for a while. Ever since week 2 actually. Vick will have to get through his old team in their house to get to the promise land. Atlanta will have to deal with their worst nightmare to get there. Atlanta is amazing in their own house, and Vick will be coming for blood. Man I can't wait for that one!

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:56 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

finfan808 wrote:
the one thing I like is that Reid wasn't stubborn. He tried Kolb, but it didn't work. He went with what was working. Note to Dan Henning.

Dan Henning tried the same thing.... But Pennington only lasted 2 snaps......

So now we have Thigpen, the white dog loving Mike Vick..

In Thigpen we trust :awe:

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:31 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote from DeSean Jackson on the skirmish before the game... ''The pregame altercation got us going. It had us ready. We came back into the locker room pumped,'' ''We were like pit bulls, ready to get out of the cage.''

Love that quote. Thought i'd plug it.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:34 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dan Henning is the reason our offense is lethargic. Vick would cost too much and he'd be frustrated by the lame playcalling. Henne is our quarterback, once Henning is gone Henne will be a star. Hopefully we fire Henning after the season. Personally I think David Lee should get a shot at OC if Henning gets fired. He is the one that brought the Wildcat to Miami and he's the one that has been working with our quarterbacks the past three seasons. If not Lee, then I like McDaniels if he gets fired from Denver. He is amazing at calling shotgun and three/four wideout formations and that is where Henne really shines. Henne and McDaniels is a match made in heaven if you ask me. Just look at Kyle Orton's numbers this year and tell me McDaniels can't make even a mediocre quarterback look amazing.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:08 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

finfan808 wrote:

Not sure Kolb didn't work. He has barely played. Vick is doing more on the field and is young enough to still build on for a while where as Miami's backup maybe had a year or two left...and that turned out to be two plays. If this were next year and Miami had say Carson Palmer as a backup who suddenly came in and turned it around then I could see them sticking with him for the next 5 to 6 years and parting ways with Henne.

Philly will get some offers for Kolb if they opt to pay Vick to be their franchise guy.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:42 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

If they don't sign Vick, they will surely franchise him. That might be the best option as it will prob be cheaper than to sign him long term. In addition, they will recieve two 1st rd picks if another team signs him and what if he is a one year wonder, then what?

Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:15 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
If they don't sign Vick, they will surely franchise him. That might be the best option as it will prob be cheaper than to sign him long term. In addition, they will recieve two 1st rd picks if another team signs him and what if he is a one year wonder, then what?

Good point. One thing Philly has to be fearful of is durability. Vick has been hurt in the past. Franchising might be the best option.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:19 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

wkloiber13 wrote:
Dan Henning is the reason our offense is lethargic. Vick would cost too much and he'd be frustrated by the lame playcalling. Henne is our quarterback, once Henning is gone Henne will be a star. Hopefully we fire Henning after the season. Personally I think David Lee should get a shot at OC if Henning gets fired. He is the one that brought the Wildcat to Miami and he's the one that has been working with our quarterbacks the past three seasons. If not Lee, then I like McDaniels if he gets fired from Denver. He is amazing at calling shotgun and three/four wideout formations and that is where Henne really shines. Henne and McDaniels is a match made in heaven if you ask me. Just look at Kyle Orton's numbers this year and tell me McDaniels can't make even a mediocre quarterback look amazing.

Henne does not like playing in the shotgun so how is that a match?

Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:12 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

McDaniels isn't getting fired from Denver. If he did the owner would be on the hook for Shanahan, McDaniels and a new HC next year.

Denver is in the same boat as Minnesota, the owner doesn't want to pay multiple guys for the same job.

I'm willing to give Thigpen a look while Henne is down. But if Henne is healthy I'd rather see how he progresses the rest of this year. There is always next year to pair Thigpen with a new, young QB if Henne proves to be downright awful for the remainder of the season.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:21 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Vick not going anywhere not even a option!

Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:23 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Vick will almost certainly be franchised and I expect they'll keep Kolb (so lets take AJ Feeley!). Vick gets top 3 money for the year which will be a hell of a lot since it'll include new Brady and Manning contracts and thus signing bonuses. Vick has earned it on the field. And the Eagles get another year to find out if Vick can continue to be "the best a quarterback could ever be" or gets arrested/expelled/injured. The eagles basically buy that with the franchise tag.

This is assuming there will be a franchise tag next year.

To whomever thought Vick would be thuggish down here: like he can't be thuggish in Philly? If anything getting him further away from Atlanta and Virginia can only be good. But I think he's legitimately reformed. He's playing like a man who KNOWS what his other option is. He's running from jail as much as he is running to the end zone.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:55 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I just simply don't want him to be the face of our franchise.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]