View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Rich ---- Titans 17, Dolphins 29 (The Good, Bad, and Ugly) 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Rich ---- Titans 17, Dolphins 29 (The Good, Bad, and Ugly)
Rich wrote:
The Good

The Dolphins got their first home win.

They also beat a playoff contender convincingly.

Anthony Fasano had a career game with 5 catches for 107 yards and 1 TD.

The Wildcat was there for the Dolphins when they needed it most.

The big play made its way back into the Dolphins offense, with a 54 yard bomb from Henne to Hartline, a 31 yard pass from Henne to Fasano, a 28 yard pass from Henne to Fasano, a 31 yard pass from Thigpen to Fasano and a 23 yard run by Ricky out of the Wildcat.

The Bad

The Dolphins lost Chad Pennington for the season. Chad Henne and Jake Long are scheduled to get MRIs and may be out for extended time as well.

Brandon Marshall's attitude sucks. On one play, Thigpen rolled out right and Marshall was cutting across the field. He was open for an 8-12 yard game but Thigpen found Fasano down the field for a 31 yard play. When they returned to the huddle, Marshall was yelling at Thigpen and then waved him off. Picking up the ball and throwing it to the sideline, yelling at Henne on the sideline and bypassing the post game conference. You would have thought the Dolphins had just benched him or were eliminated from the playoffs. But no, the Dolphins won 29-17 and the biggest concern for Marshall was his numbers. This is why I was lukewarm when we traded for him. He brings baggage and if he keeps this up, he may become a distraction in the lockerroom.

The Ugly

The game in general was ugly. 6 different players attempted passes for both teams. The Wildcat actually worked but the conventional running game was nowhere to be seen.

Huge win for the Dolphins, but paid a heavy price in the process. The injury list is long and we may have lost up to three key players for the rest of the season.

http://www.phinfever.com/newsite/index. ... 5&Itemid=1

Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:12 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Rich ---- Titans 17, Dolphins 29 (The Good, Bad, and Ugly)
This is why I was lukewarm when we traded for him. He brings baggage and if he keeps this up, he may become a distraction in the lockerroom.

I was right there with you and I even a little colder than lukewarm.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:22 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Not sure I entirely believe he was getting on Thigpen... It looked to me like he was fired up and praising him for the throw. Couldn't really tell though.

I feel his frustration though. You pay a guy $10 million a year and he finishes the game with three catches? You look to Brian Hartline on a fade in the corner of the end zone? C'mon man. Early in the season, this offense did a great job of getting Marshall involved early in games and now they won't do it at all.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:23 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

The only quarter I saw in this game was the 2nd. I'm hearing conflicting reports about Marshall's actions. I'd be curious to know if he was as discontent as you say he was. If he was, that is disappointing but not a surprise. Its also possible that he was not concerned over his numbers as much as he was frustrated at not being as integral of a presence in the offense, or the from the injuries to Penny and Henne.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:24 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Henne has been throwing to Bess, Hartline and Fasano for almost two years. Sounds like he didn't even spend most of training camp throwing to Marshall. Its going to take them time to work with one another. Henne is obviously more comfortable with the his other targets right now, not to mention the consistent double coverage.

Willing to bet Marshall issues some sort of half butt apology/explanation this week. My guess is this crap won't fly for long with the coaches.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:37 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Almost the whole game in 10mins. Penalties and STs not included.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:40 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

He gets a reprieve because of the win. After watching what I saw Sunday, I was not only disappointed but I also feel he will have the negative presence to disrupt good games down the stretch. Throwing the football to the sideline was childish and was a primary cause in settling for a FG at that point. The "apparent" tirade against Thigpen after a beautfiul scramble and long throw to Fasano....inexcusable.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:42 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Ski_Money wrote:

thanks for video

I didn't see the play in question where Marshall threw the ball to the sideline. Was this after the play was dead?

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:54 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Ski_Money wrote:

I didn't get to watch the game so I really appreciate this. Thanks.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:55 pm

The good -
Reshad Jones - This kid made a games worth of good plays in one series.
Defense - Other than a couple of series against a good team, the defense was stellar.
Y-Bell - had a couple of really big stops and one, sack and FF.
Karlos Dansby - took over the first series and set the tone for the entire game.

The ugly - The refs again blow a big call in Miami. Moss turns, makes a football move and still its ruled incomplete. Don't know what universe these guys are living in.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:55 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
The ugly - The refs again blow a big call in Miami. Moss turns, makes a football move and still its ruled incomplete. Don't know what universe these guys are living in.

What upset me was the fact that they wouldn't let us challenge it, even though they didn't blow a whistle until after a Miami player had recovered it and was down.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:57 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Marshall has a smile on his face and is involved in the celebration after Thigpen's touchdown to Fasano.. he's not sulking his way to the sideline. I think that's a sign of where he's at.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:58 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Marshall has a smile on his face and is involved in the celebration after Thigpen's touchdown to Fasano.. he's not sulking his way to the sideline. I think that's a sign of where he's at.

To me he looks mad that he didn't get the TD. LOL! J/K

Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:35 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Just as with players that are arrested, I think we should hear the whole story on Brandon Marshall before we formulate an opinion on him. If there is a problem I am sure that he will be dealt with by the coaching staff. At the moment I am thrilled to have Marshall on the team.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:42 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:

thanks for video

I didn't see the play in question where Marshall threw the ball to the sideline. Was this after the play was dead?

Yes. Was a 10ish yard grab for a 1st over the middle. I think it can be interpreted as tossing the ball to the ball boy on the sideline (Jake Long's story and he's sticking to it), or as "I'm Billy Bad-@$$ take this". I'm not going to make an excuse, he was hot tempered yesterday and we were winning. Needs to put the team first, not his 100 receptions.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:42 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

MNDolfan wrote:
Not sure I entirely believe he was getting on Thigpen... It looked to me like he was fired up and praising him for the throw. Couldn't really tell though.

I feel his frustration though. You pay a guy $10 million a year and he finishes the game with three catches? You look to Brian Hartline on a fade in the corner of the end zone? C'mon man. Early in the season, this offense did a great job of getting Marshall involved early in games and now they won't do it at all.

I agree 100%, I thought he was just fired up in the moment.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]