All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:03 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:00 am
Posts: 1287
We have every excuse to lose this game coming up against the Bears..

Short week
Rash of injuries to key players

But I look at the Colts and think that a real measure of this team, and any team , is how they perform in adverse conditions.

I do think that we are a tough minded smart well disciplined team.....I think this will be a great test of our collective heart as a team.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5173
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
we need heart in every game. injuries are no excuse. you are right about the Colts & look what the Cowboys did.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2016 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:16 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4152
Location: The Bluegrass
FINesse wrote:
we need heart in every game. injuries are no excuse. you are right about the Colts & look what the Cowboys did.


Injuries may not be an excuse, but they are a valid reason. Especially when the guys you lose are our starting and backup QB, and (potentially) your franchise LT and only pass rush threat.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24898
Location: Miami, FL
eleaf wrote:
FINesse wrote:
we need heart in every game. injuries are no excuse. you are right about the Colts & look what the Cowboys did.


Injuries may not be an excuse, but they are a valid reason. Especially when the guys you lose are our starting and backup QB, and (potentially) your franchise LT and only pass rush threat.



Injuries are no excuse. Even if all 53 guys on the roster are lost for the season coming out of training camp, we should win the Superbowl. PERIOD!

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 4383
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Effin-A Rich!!!

SB or Bust!


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:22 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6728
Rich wrote:
eleaf wrote:
FINesse wrote:
we need heart in every game. injuries are no excuse. you are right about the Colts & look what the Cowboys did.


Injuries may not be an excuse, but they are a valid reason. Especially when the guys you lose are our starting and backup QB, and (potentially) your franchise LT and only pass rush threat.



Injuries are no excuse. Even if all 53 guys on the roster are lost for the season coming out of training camp, we should win the Superbowl. PERIOD!


geez what a heartless bastad :)


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:50 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:12 am
Posts: 79
Screw Heart...we need to sell our soul...like the Jests did. ;)


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:13 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4152
Location: The Bluegrass
FIns2Win wrote:
Screw Heart...we need to sell our soul...like the Jests did. ;)


If the Jets do something we need to do the exact opposite out of principle.

Unless they win the SB, of course.*













*Which would make me puke repeatedly.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:13 am 
Offline
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:46 am
Posts: 192
Location: Biloxi, MS
You have to have heart!

Image

_________________
Image

Two-thirds of the earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Vontae Davis.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:00 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:12 am
Posts: 79
eleaf wrote:
FIns2Win wrote:
Screw Heart...we need to sell our soul...like the Jests did. ;)


If the Jets do something we need to do the exact opposite out of principle.

Unless they win the SB, of course.*

7-2 vs. 5-4 with multiple OT wins against crap teams....











*Which would make me puke repeatedly.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2980
Today's Jest win was particularly gauling. Stuckey, the former Jest, catches a ball and runs into field goal range....but, of course, he has to make a move and try to struggle for another yard or two and gets the ball stripped. Then the rest of the overtime is a seesaw back and forth, but with seconds left the Browns "D" lets a slant to Santonio Holmes go for a TD...but even it it hadn't, the Jests were in FG range. The Jets will probably send Stuckey a gift basket or something for his gift to them this week.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:48 am 
Offline
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:00 am
Posts: 1287
Quote:
Injuries may not be an excuse, but they are a valid reason. Especially when the guys you lose are our starting and backup QB, and (potentially) your franchise LT and only pass rush threat.



sorry only losers think like the above quote...the colts have lost many more starters then us...they are not making excuses.... like I said, it will be a good test of our heart.... we have plenty of valid excuses to lose.... but do we have the heart to overcome them and win ????.. I AM BETTING ON YES.. WE WILL WIN


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:58 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 9474
Location: Fargo, ND
Lokki wrote:
Two-thirds of the earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Vontae Davis.

Thats flippin awesome. LOL


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5173
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Look , dont get me wrong sure we are depleted but as a player you cannot use the injury thing as an excuse. You go into a season with confidence that these are the guys you go into battle with , you beleive that your staff has aquired enough depth knowing that in this league injuries are part of the game. I see the scenario already from a fans stand point. We were there , ready to make a run & then the injury bug screwed our season. Never mind the bad playcalling & execution of the players. All that will once again be forgotten & the season will just be blown off as another moral victory because we did OK despite all the injuries. Good teams seem to overcome them , I have no doubt we can as well.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2016 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r