View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ] 
 BMarsh....are we losing this dude 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post BMarsh....are we losing this dude
I have been a big fan all season and even defended trying to force the ball to him but today I saw a side of this guy I didn't like. BMarsh even got in Thigpen's face at the end of the game after the long completion to Fasano. I'm beginning to think the Dolphins are better without this distraction. When he tossed the ball OB he literally cost Miami a chance at a TD. It might be time for Miami to cut their losses and trade him to some other team outside the division.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:12 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: BMarsh....are we losing this dude
I think it is too early for that however it is up to the coaching staff and teamates to help him out I would hope. Omar kelly via tweet though just thinks it is a matter of time before something happens.

Quote:
OmarKelly Brandon Marshall didn't talk after this game. gave everyone the shuffle then bolted. Tick, tick, tick.

http://www.phins.com/phins-urls.html

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:15 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

NFLJunkie wrote:
I have been a big fan all season and even defended trying to force the ball to him but today I saw a side of this guy I didn't like. BMarsh even got in Thigpen's face at the end of the game after the long completion to Fasano. I'm beginning to think the Dolphins are better without this distraction. When he tossed the ball OB he literally cost Miami a chance at a TD. It might be time for Miami to cut their losses and trade him to some other team outside the division.

That's ridiculous.

Marshall is by far Miami's best skill position player right now. He threw the ball at the sideline...OMG cut him...

C'mon man....

BTW. He wasn't getting on Thigpen. He was pumped up.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:16 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Marshall is frustrated. Hard to blame him, but he is making some of his own demons now.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:16 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:

Knee jerk much?

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:19 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

That's ridiculous.

Marshall is by far Miami's best skill position player right now. He threw the ball at the sideline...OMG cut him...

C'mon man....

You are right....He has seen enough of Henne..

Henne is not getting it done....

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:42 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

It's really upsetting to me that we don't give Marshall chances to make plays, I mean did we make him the highest paid WR just to be a decoy??? And i'm scared we are gonna loose him because we don't know how to use him! I don't know what Henne's prob is how can you have this guy on your team and not throw to him, Hopefully Tyler if he starts gets it to him cause we leaving a lot of points out there that Marshall could get us, if we just put him in position to do so!

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:52 pm

Phins Rock wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

That's ridiculous.

C'mon man....

It looked to me like he was in his face. Didn't look like a pumped up, high fiving, head butting good time. More like yelling at him for something.

BTW, I didn't say cut him. I said trade him. What did the best skill player do in this "team" win besides pull a fit and look stupid? Just sayin....

Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:37 pm

eleaf wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Knee jerk much?

a lot, but not here though. Marshall should've been happy Miami was driving to take the lead. Instead he throws the ball at the sideline...a sure penalty. Miami kicked a FG on 4th and 2 because he put them in a 1st and 15 situation. I'm sure Miami won't deal with him but when this guy goes off in a game where the team needs a win to stay in the playoff hunt, what then? Sparano won't put up with this for long. That is guaranteed.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:41 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I will say I noticed today that after our TD's he did not stay on the field and high five and celebrate, nope he stormed off the field like his mommy took his bubble gum away! Team player mentality is what we need right now not a spoiled little brat. I love the guy but come on man!

Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:44 pm

Guys dont change just because they are now wearing a Dolphin Uniform. Its wishful thinking. You would think guys with these attitudes would appreciate the new start , new contract in a new city but they just cannot change who they are. Yes , something is brewing , probably early stages right now but alot of us can feel it.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:46 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Should Marshall have thrown that ball? Definitely not, but I will be honest in that it gave me a good laugh. I don't think the Brandon Marshall alarm has sounded yet, so, I wouldn't over-react just yet ... especially since Coach Sparano didn't make him sit out a series.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:50 pm
Profile WWW

wearemarshall wrote:
I will say I noticed today that after our TD's he did not stay on the field and high five and celebrate, nope he stormed off the field like his mommy took his bubble gum away! Team player mentality is what we need right now not a spoiled little brat. I love the guy but come on man!

I got a BMarsh Jersey...just bought it 4 weeks ago. No one one here wants this guy to succeed like me but you can't have that kind of division on a team. Sorry....you're better off without it. Check the Moss situation. Great player, poor attitude and 3 teams in one season...for a reason.

BTW...on that ball he threw, it looked better than any ball any one of our QB's have thrown. Had there not been 5 defenders it was money :)

Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:51 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phins Rock wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

That's ridiculous.

C'mon man....

Cut Brandon Marshall and every team in the league would have some interest.

I am not worried yet. It was a frustrating day.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:55 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

wearemarshall wrote:

that statement is far from the truth. why would you say something so ludacris. I had to go back to my dvr and go back to the TD's and I saw none of that. As a matter of fact I saw the total opposite on the final Fasano TD, I actually paused it with Marshall having a huge smile on his face.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:53 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I agree with Phins Rock, Marshall was excited on that Fasono pass. Not the opposite. Rewatch it. And then rewatch the drive where Thigpen threw that TD, Marshall gave high fives and was smiling. He wasn't yelling at him. However I would have benched him as soon as he threw that ball to the sideline, it really pissed me off.

"The task of the leader is to get his people from where they are to where they have not been..."
— Henry Kissinger

Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:33 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Phins Rock wrote:

There goes Phins Rock fabricating things again.

When you're pumped up, do you wave a guy off as if dismissing what he is saying?

Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:03 am

wearemarshall wrote:

Actually he celebrated Cobbs TD with the team.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:04 am

RedZone wrote:
I agree with Phins Rock, Marshall was excited on that Fasono pass.

No, he was bitching at Thigpen for not throwing him the ball. It was clear as day that after the play he was yelling at Thigpen and then waved him off when Thigpen ignored him.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:05 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Hatecrewadb wrote:
It's really upsetting to me that we don't give Marshall chances to make plays, I mean did we make him the highest paid WR just to be a decoy??? And i'm scared we are gonna loose him because we don't know how to use him! I don't know what Henne's prob is how can you have this guy on your team and not throw to him, Hopefully Tyler if he starts gets it to him cause we leaving a lot of points out there that Marshall could get us, if we just put him in position to do so!

I agree, cuz down on the goaline in the first half we throw a jump ball to Hartline for crying out loud. Isn't that why we grabbed Marshall in the first place?

Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:26 am

Rich wrote:
RedZone wrote:

No, he was bitching at Thigpen for not throwing him the ball. It was clear as day that after the play he was yelling at Thigpen and then waved him off when Thigpen ignored him.

Yeap....that's what I saw as well. The camera only momentarily flashed to Marshall excoriating Thigpen instead of celebrating the long completion to Fasano. IMO, there was no fist-bumping joy in those eyes...only anger and frustration being vented on yet another new QB.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:34 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Get the ground game going and Marshall will benefit. Right now the safeties are being used to take him out of the game. Whether he likes it or not forcing passes to him isn't worth the turnovers or incompletions. Its a team game.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:45 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

I find it extremely impressive that you guys could tell one way or another that Marshall was praising or yelling at thigpen in that .5 second clip they were both on film.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:56 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

I have a feeling this is being thrown WAY out of proportion. I thought Penny would have lasted the full game. Either way, I was excited to see Henne go back in and undermine the coaches poor decision to play ultra conservative and dink and dunk. They unleashed the downfield game a little yesterday, and it yielded 3 touchdowns. OMG, wow, maybe a light will turn on. With Marshall though, it is way too early to think of him as a cancer. He is young, and he is HUNGRY. We are NOT feeding the WOLF. That is a problem. Is it a T.O. situation where I only play good if you give me the ball? NO. Is it a Moss situation where he is dogging routes because they arent going to him? NO. Is he frustrated that he is triple teamed all game long. OBVIOUSLY. If the report is true that 80% of his routes were predicted by Finnegan, it would be under my skin too. Who knows what he was saying to Thigpen, but it appears that those two need a crash course in chemistry in a 3 day span for Chicago. Im gonna give Marshall a pass on this one, We know his blood flows hot on Sundays, and frustration may have overwhelmed his outbursts. But I think the 3rd QB of the game may have had something to do with it, and the desperation we were all feeling holding a 3 point lead. Lets be real, Marshall is the play maker, Thigpen is a clipboard holder. If Marshall WASNT on Thigpen for not throwing him the ball, would you be happy? I like his fire, and I think he is trying to bring it. What we saw on camera could have been a "this is my way" type thing from Thigpen and Marshall was more like "this is our gameplan" type thing. Either way, there was no disciplinary action yet, and I would assume there wouldnt be. But unless Sparano addresses it, I doubt anything is going to evolve out of this.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:36 pm
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

IMO he just wants to be part of the success of this team and is frustrated that when he is open he doesn't get the ball. Maybe Thigpen will take more chances than the other two QB's and this goes away, or maybe it gets MUCH worse. :) Either way I am happy that we won and I am looking forward to a win against Chicago this week!

Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Thigpen is the kind of quarterback that can make things happen with his feet. Instead of throwing it away or forcing it, he is much more prone to taking off and trying to extend the play with his feet. Watch because I'll bet Thigpen starts chucking it Marshall's way if he scrambles and starts looking for guys to get open on broken plays. Henne never really kept plays alive, he just threw it away and played it safe. I think Thigpen is too much of a wildcard to give up. I would compare him to a Jake Plummer or Jeff Garcia the way he takes off and tries to make something out of nothing. Might be just the thin we need to jumpstart our offense.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:19 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I think Marshall wasnt getting in his face I think he was telling him you got this your our qb now lets go and do work. That's what he did all Tyler did was say yea yea I know let me stay focus and not let it go to his head.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:00 am

Cisco_56 wrote:
I think Marshall wasnt getting in his face I think he was telling him you got this your our qb now lets go and do work. That's what he did all Tyler did was say yea yea I know let me stay focus and not let it go to his head.

yeah , because that Marshall is such a team guy.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:08 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Rich wrote:
RedZone wrote:

I disagree. But of course, me and you weren't on the field. So both of us have just as much of an idea as the other.
However I do think his facial expression was one of him pumping up his new QB who just threw a 31 yard pass. If he bitched on that pass, why didn't he byotch on the TD? Just not how I seen it is all.

"The task of the leader is to get his people from where they are to where they have not been..."
— Henry Kissinger

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:00 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Marshall was brought in to dominate. The thing with Marshall is maybe the front office lied to him from the beginning and now it's starting to show.

If you go back to before he signed, what do you think SIP said to him to get him to sign? I"ll bet, that it went something like this? Brandon you are going to be a stud. We are going to feature you in this offense because we like to balance it out. We are going to get rid of our deep threat and throw you the ball so much your hands are going to be sore after the game. We don't have an alpha receiver so you are the guy. You think 100 balls is enough, with our offense you are going to get 150 easy.

Now why do you think he's getting mad now? Because he had no clue what type of offense they were intending to run. They flat out lied to him.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:04 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Big Dave wrote:
Should Marshall have thrown that ball? Definitely not, but I will be honest in that it gave me a good laugh. I don't think the Brandon Marshall alarm has sounded yet, so, I wouldn't over-react just yet ... especially since Coach Sparano didn't make him sit out a series.

He was just warming up for his pass "into the entire Titan secondary" later in the game.

Also, how can anyone speculate what Marshall said to Thigpen after the last touchdown based on CBS' coverage?

In any case, Marshall was WIDE open on that play and Tyler threw into double coverage. Based on that, and the fact that he only has one touchdown all year, he might have just reminded Thigpen to let the Big Dog eat once and awhile.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:51 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Palm Beach Post wrote:
Marshall rule: Brandon Marshall, who has just one touchdown this year, let his frustrations get the best of him Sunday against Tennessee when he fired the football into the stands after one of his three catches, drawing a 5-yard delay of game penalty.

Tony Sparano said he visited with Marshall about the incident, but will let it slide this time. Marshall declined to talk about the play in his weekly news conference.

"I think he was just caught up in the middle of the game," Sparano said.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:59 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

It shouldn't be so hard to get our #1 WR the darn ball.

Arizona has Derek Anderson throwing the ball and still getting it to Fitzgerald.

Sam Bradford is making Danny Amendola look like an all-star.

I mean c'mon... I agree with Marshall on this, he has every right to be frustrated. The penalty was stupid, and pissed me off, but c'mon man, get the guy the ball!!!

Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]