View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Why Pasqualoni was fired 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Why Pasqualoni was fired
Quote:
The Dolphins’ firing of defensive coordinator Paul Pasqualoni says one obvious thing: Tony Sparano thought the defense should have been better than 25th in the league. Where you fall on this depends on what you think: Was it Gibril Wilson’s fault or the system’s? The lack of quality inside linebacker’s or the system’s? The injury to nose tackle Javon Ferguson that hurt this season or the lack of Paul Solai’s development? There were obvious decision breakdowns – Houston’s Andre Johnson matched up against Nate Jones for a touchdown, to name one. And the curious personnel decision of making Jason Taylor a first- and second-down player around mid-season when the pass rush was his forte. Sparano said at one point Cameron Wake should get on the field more – and he never did. Somewhere in all that is the reason Sparano decided to move on. Rule No. 1 in firing anyone is having a replacement ready. Does Al Groh make your palms sweat?

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/ ... l+blogs%29

Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:21 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Why Pasqualoni was fired
Also the fact that opposing players have stated how predictable our defense was on every down doesn't help much.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:15 am
2011 NFL Survival Champ
2011 NFL Survival Champ

joeschmoe wrote:
Also the fact that opposing players have stated how predictable our defense was on every down doesn't help much.
true that joe. it also doesnt help pasqualoni's case when injuries withstanding, you dont utilize the talent available to you appropriately. case in point: while i do believe joey porter is wearing down some, i dont think its entirely responsible for his 10 sack drop off, or like it was mentioned about jason taylor and him not being used advantageously. a bunch of lil blunders make a big one and then ta-da your out the door

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:43 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I'm guessing it was because the defense was terribly predictable. In the Colts game in the 4th quarter we were showing blitz TO PEYTON MANNING and you just knew what was coming next. Manning makes adjustments and I am screaming to back out of the blitz, but NO!! We bring the easiest to read blitz in football history, Manning hits Garcon on a quick slant and TD. That cost us the game. With Pasqualoni it was either NEVER blitz (see Saints game) or blitz but it was just too obvious. I am hoping we get a little more creative DC this time. Is Jim Bates available?

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:18 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

dolphinjim wrote:
I am hoping we get a little more creative DC this time. Is Jim Bates available?

He is over in Tampa. It was why JT was a favorite to go there had the Fins not signed him....

I think we need youth, experience is nice and all, but another 60+ guy that has bounced around for years wont get me excited unless he has done alot everywhere he has been...

I would like to se a younger guy, maybe out of the college ranks looking to make a splash...

Mybe the othe Ryan, hahaha that would be sweet in our div games vs the Yets.....

Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:32 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

10acjed wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:
I am hoping we get a little more creative DC this time. Is Jim Bates available?

He is over in Tampa. It was why JT was a favorite to go there had the Fins not signed him....

I think we need youth, experience is nice and all, but another 60+ guy that has bounced around for years wont get me excited unless he has done alot everywhere he has been...

I would like to se a younger guy, maybe out of the college ranks looking to make a splash...

Mybe the othe Ryan, hahaha that would be sweet in our div games vs the Yets.....

LOL, could you imagine THOSE headlines??? :bravo:

Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]