View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Who else thinks David Lee should replace Dan Henning? 

Dan Henning or David Lee?
Dan Henning 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
David Lee 95%  95%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 19

Who else thinks David Lee should replace Dan Henning? 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Who else thinks David Lee should replace Dan Henning?
Dan Henning has made our very talented offense look stale and mediocre this season. I believe he's one of the major reasons why we're 4-4 instead of 5-3 or better. I feel like it's time for him to be fired. When the special teams went down the toilet we fired the special teams coach. Now that the offense is going down the toilet I think we should fire the offensive coordinator. As for his replacement, I think the best choice would be David Lee. Lee was named "Innovator of the Year" in 2008 when he brought the Wildcat offense to Miami and changed the NFL. He's a smart coach who has prior offensive coordinator experience with three schools in the college ranks. He knows our quarterbacks better than anyone in the building and I think that could help him design an aggressive offensive approach that plays to our player's strengths. He definitely won't try to fit a square peg into a circular hole like Henning. What this team needs is a spark, maybe Lee is the man? What do you guys think?

Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:56 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Who else thinks David Lee should replace Dan Henning?
Thought David Lee should have replaced him this past Off Season. Thought he should have replaced him instead of Pennington replacing Henne a couple of weeks ago. Think he should replace him in the Off Season.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:01 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I think we're ready for that transition. I think the only problem is that quarterback coaches favor the passing game over the running game ... which means that they go to the pass too soon.

Now, that is what this old man remembers, so, I am sure that I will not get a lot of examples of those who do not do that;)

Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I have been saying this for years. The formations, the routes, the blocking scheme, the two TE sets are just not what todays game is about. My problem is I wanted Henning gone before he got here. David Lee does deserve a shot but, the scheme will still be the same because it's mid season. There aren't going to be too much change from a scheme standpoint, but the playcalling will certainly change.

Long term I'd like to see Gruden in here. I like his enthusiasm when he calls the dolphins games. He isn't shy about praising the dolphins either.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:25 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

finfan808 wrote:
I have been saying this for years. The formations, the routes, the blocking scheme, the two TE sets are just not what todays game is about.

Which is why Joe Gibbs wasn't as successful as he was previously. At one time he was ahead of the NFL ... but when he came back he found that the old schemes no longer worked.

finfan808 wrote:
Long term I'd like to see Gruden in here. I like his enthusiasm when he calls the dolphins games. He isn't shy about praising the dolphins either.

IF the Dolphins go in another direction, I do like Gruden, but I am not fond of all of his personnel decisions. He would need less power than what he had at Tampa Bay. One things though is that his personality would fit our new owner who likes a lot of flash.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:44 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Has David Lee ever called games in the NFL? If not, I have nothing to convince me that he's any better than Henning.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:41 pm

Iowafin wrote:
Has David Lee ever called games in the NFL? If not, I have nothing to convince me that he's any better than Henning.

He has been an OC in several different college programs.

He knows Henne as well as anybody. I say give him a shot unless there is a big time guy somewhere else.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:52 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Iowafin wrote:

Have to agree. I know nothing about his OC abilities.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:02 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

He has been an OC in several different college programs.

Fantastic...that relates to football. Now how about the NFL?

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:19 am

Everybody has a first gig.....

Coach had only been a Head Coach for one year at a D1-AA school that had 1 win, prior to his HC job now....

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:21 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:

Coach had only been a Head Coach for one year at a D1-AA school that had 1 win, prior to his HC job now....

You are correct...but you appeared to be arguing my point that I have nothing to convince me that Lee is any better than Henning...so how can we debate this?

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:55 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

OC isn't the problem. It hasn't been at any point this season.

It's our complete lack of anything resembling a running game. When you build your team around the philosophy of running the football on offense, you'd better be able to run the football.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:59 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

You are correct...but you appeared to be arguing my point that I have nothing to convince me that Lee is any better than Henning...so how can we debate this?

Henning has a SB and a massive body of work that shows his system works. There is no debate.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:00 am
Profile WWW

Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

We can't.

I think we should give the guy a shot. We can agree to disagree on that.

I would also feel more comfortable with a big name, more experienced guy. But if there aren't any Mike Nolan's out there this off season, I have no problem giving Lee a chance.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:06 am

eleaf wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Henning has a SB and a massive body of work that shows his system works. There is no debate.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthr ... MI...stats

Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]