View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 
 What are the chanceS? Crazy idea to follow. 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post What are the chanceS? Crazy idea to follow.
What are the chances the FO goes after Kyle Orton in the offseason? They obviously don't trust Henne and there's no way they roll with Pennington next season so instead of wasting a 1st round pick on a QB (when they should use it on a RB), I wonder if they'd be willing to go after someone already in the league. Orton has plenty of chemistry with Marshall already and has proven to be plenty capable of throwing the ball 40+ times a game. There are worse moves that could be made.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:47 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: What are the chanceS? Crazy idea to follow.
Didn't Denver just give him an extension?

Henne is the franchise QB of this team. Some people just have to deal with it. *sigh*

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:00 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

As much as I'd like Henne to succeed I wouldn't mind seeing orton come to Miami he's not a top tier QB, but he's been fairly good over the last few years and is capable of some really big games.

“We all stink. We're 0-6, everybody stinks. We’ve all, in some way, shape or form have not been good enough I don’t care if it’s the front-desk secretary — she ain’t doing a good enough job.”-Reggie Bush

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:54 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phins Rock wrote:

Henne is the franchise QB of this team. Some people just have to deal with it. *sigh*

That's naive thinking. I would be willing to bet Henne is gone or the backup next year.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:56 am

hypocritex wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

That's naive thinking. I would be willing to bet Henne is gone or the backup next year.

I guarantee you that he's the starter Week 1 of next season.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:20 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I haven't heard anything about Orton getting an extension but with the rumors about Tebow getting extended playing time if their season continues to go down the crapper I figure this may be Orton's last year there. To be honest, I like Henne and want to see him succeed because I think he's better than he's shown so far in his career. However, it doesn't look like the current coaching staff will be able to make it work so I think Orton is an option that could.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:29 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

If Henne isn't the starter next year, my guess is he won't be on the team. These guys seem to move on quickly from their mistakes (or perceived mistakes).

Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:39 am

oldgreg07 wrote:
I haven't heard anything about Orton getting an extension but with the rumors about Tebow getting extended playing time if their season continues to go down the crapper I figure this may be Orton's last year there. To be honest, I like Henne and want to see him succeed because I think he's better than he's shown so far in his career. However, it doesn't look like the current coaching staff will be able to make it work so I think Orton is an option that could.

He signed a 2 year extension back in August.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:41 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

im sorry but some of you guys are just ridiculous! i agree with phins rock Henne is the franchise of the future and will be the starter next year week one! some of you just really need to stop overreacting.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:52 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

John Gruden loves Henne... So long as we dump these nit wit coaches we will be ok with Henne..

Otherwise we need a proven Vet behind center.. Maybe Vick would be the best option..

Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:17 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

RBs are adime a dozen these days. You don't go RB in the 1st rd. I am starting to believe that you should take a QB in the 1st rd every year and see what happens! LOL

Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:42 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:
RBs are adime a dozen these days. You don't go RB in the 1st rd. I am starting to believe that you should take a QB in the 1st rd every year and see what happens! LOL

Thats cause your a Dolphins fan LMAO...

If you were a Colts fan you would think about a RB in the first round :runwiththeball:

Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:45 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

hypocritex wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

I bet SF, Min, Ari, Buf, Sea, Was, Jax and any other I can't think of would be lining up to make a deal for Henne if the Fins want to cut him loose.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:45 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I bet SF, Min, Ari, Buf, Sea, Was, Jax and any other I can't think of would be lining up to make a deal for Henne if the Fins want to cut him loose.

And Henne could very well go to any of these "systems" and play inconsistent.

Until he is not prone to throw critical and senseless interceptions, he wont be leading many other teams for very long either. He makes me nervous as hell most of the time. Who the heck knows if Henne will be on the team or not next season, let alone predicting that he will be the week one starter.

There is so much of this season left and so much can still happen. For all we know, Pennington struggles, Henne is reinserted into the lineup and takes advantage of his wake up call.

In fact, that is my overall opinion, he will probably stay in Miami, probably get another chance to start, but if he doesnt get it the next chance and use this benching to his advantage, he could be the next Matt Leinhart holding the number 2 or 3 QB clip board somewhere else.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:33 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Finhead wrote:
And Henne could very well go to any of these "systems" and play inconsistent.

You are absolutely correct. But the point wasn't predicting he'll be gone, it was that if he is cut loose a lot of teams would be willing to give him a chance with his upside.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:45 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

If you were a Colts fan you would think about a RB in the first round

LOL! The Colts and Pats are on there way to the playoffs with no RBs.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:50 am

To think it was only a few weeks ago someone was saying that Henne would be the elite QB in the NFL by next season & another person proclaimed a mancrush on Sparano with every one of his fist pumps celebrating yet another field goal.

I tend to agree that this staff (minus the OC) will be back next season along with Henne. I am thinking maybe the made this move to light a fire under him thinking they need to send a message that nobody is safe with this kind of play.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:00 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finesse: I pretty much agree with your last posting. Right now, Henne has had plenty of opportunities to lead this team and whether its his mistakes or the receivers or poor play calling, he just isnt producing enough.

I agree with the Pennington move for now and if they keep winning then I expect Henne will ride the pine the rest of the year.

However, I think the overall message is that Henne got benched by a just cause and I do believe Sparano and Ireland believe in him, but this can actually turn out to be the final wake up call that he needs in order to be more successful and consistent.

I expect that he will compete for his job back for next season, but I will also not be surprised if they go ahead and draft another young QB. IMO his leash could be very short moving forward, before the regime could potentially give up on him and move on.

No matter what, I expect Sparano back for next season, but it will be much easier if we finish out successfully this season, so people can stay off his back. I think he has been a good coach, I like his blue collar approach and he is a players coach. Unfortunately, the players have to make plays and make less mistakes. Back in 2008 the teams turnover ratio of take aways vs give aways was fantastic and thats what I picture that needs to happen to turn this season around.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:06 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

It's taken me the whole 3 days to digest the Pennington move. And it does make sense. Henning has won with Penny, and his leadership can keep us alive. It shuts down the deep ball, and we won't beat elite teams with Pennington, BUT we've already lost to all the elite teams. So 6-2, throughout the rest of the season is VERY POSSIBLE with Pennington in at the helm. That being said, Please some one tell me where firing your OC mid season has EVER paid off. Henning will be gone at the end of the season, and Henne will regain the starting role next season..... That I am sure of. Hopefully we get a more creative OC, wow, Cam Cameron would be perfect for this Offense right about now. But either way, I expect to get some one alot more EFFICIENT than Henning. Maybe Childress will be available for OC once he gets fired. Hopefully Jason Garrett doesnt work out as interim in Dallas, and we can snag him for OC, which may be perfect. Its not their Offense that is lacking, its the overall cast from HC down, Garrett is widely supported, and Sparano would very much appreciate that. Who knows? Maybe McDaniels gets the boot in Denver after they collapse even further, and the Parcells-Belichick ties would bring him down to South Beach to run our Offense....

Look guys, Its not Henne thats the problem. Its Henning. Its like he's running a college offense in the NFL. You know, looking to the sidelines and waiting for a coach to make an audible for him, since he isnt allowed to do it on his own. He's been handcuffed, and that is the problem. The only time he makes his own calls is in the 2 minute offense. And wait, what do you know, Henne has 4 4th quarter come backs, and has actually been pretty darn good in the 2 minute drill. He marched up field on the Jets both years, yes it was a pick this time around, but that was a great play on the ball, and Fasano could have stepped in front to make that play. With exception to the Bills road game last season, hes done a great job in the 2 minute offense, and You cant tell me he is waiting for the booth to make those calls.

Its Henning, and we have to survive this season with him at OC. Yes we are still in it, and if we win this week, Maybe 10-6 or 11-5 is doable. I havent lost faith. But Pennington at the helm may save Sparano's job. But Henning is gone at the end of the year, and I think everyone is aware of this. So lets just hope for the best. Penny has worked miracles before. What a great end to his career, if he can bring us to the playoffs this season.... then be our OC possible, or QB coach groomed for the role. Either way, we are not to lose faith in Henne.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:26 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

FINesse wrote:
I tend to agree that this staff (minus the OC) will be back next season along with Henne. I am thinking maybe the made this move to light a fire under him thinking they need to send a message that nobody is safe with this kind of play.

I hope that is the case

Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:05 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

What if Henne and Henning both are problems??? I think that is very possible....

Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:52 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Miami will sign another team's cast off come next off season...Matt Moore? Trent Edwards? Alex Smith? Watch out, he could be the next savior.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:56 pm

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
What if Henne and Henning both are problems??? I think that is very possible....

Amazing nobody thought of this scenario as well.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:57 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

All awful choices....

Wouldn't it be nice to see them draft a QB in the first round, like Sam Bradford this year, and actually have made the right pick?

Instead, we draft guys like Odrick, or Merling, and I scratch my head. It is hard to make a team out of a bunch of hard-working lunch pail kinda' guys. You have to have some true impact players on both sides of the ball. It seems we find those guys in Canada, or in trades, but not so often in the draft.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:59 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I guess I still don't understand why they don't let Henne work through the easier portion of the schedule.

If Miami doesn't trust him now then why would they in the future? If they had that much faith that he could turn it around he'd be starting against the easier portion of their schedule.

We bring up the Drew Brees example but remember one thing, he got his job back because Rivers held out all summer and wasn't ready for week 1. There wasn't a better backup option so Brees took command. If Miami decides to go after a different option for the future they will still have Pennington to hold down the fort and Thigpen to back him up.

I will admit I could be very wrong, but if the current staff stays I think Henne becomes trade bait.

My stomach is turning thinking about it. My ticker can't take any more QB changes.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:50 pm

Quote:
I guess I still don't understand why they don't let Henne work through the easier portion of the schedule.

Pretty good point jammer , you would think letting Henne face these "easier" teams will boost his confidence as well. Only thing I can come up with is that last season we had 3 very winable games at the end as well needing 1 win to get into the playoffs & did not win any of them. Maybe Sparano just sees these "easier" games as a make or break part of the schedule & he would be right.
Its a double edged sword in my opinion. Yes Pennington might give you a better shot at winning some of these games but to me it also says no super bowl this year.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:54 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Phins Rock wrote:
oldgreg07 wrote:

He signed a 2 year extension back in August.

Didn't know that. Oh well, we can only hope Henning is shown the door and Henne is able to step up and be the player he's capable of being.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]