View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 We are not a playoff team...period 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post We are not a playoff team...period
Ravens are making our D look pathetic. Offense is average at best (why didn't we pick up Randy Moss?). Guys can't catch passes, dumb penalties, dropped interceptions, I thought I was watching the Hurricanes play again today. Coaches are not any better....nice fake punt Ravens! When will we ever be relevant again? I miss you Don Shula!

Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:33 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: We are not a playoff team...period
Hate to say it but I agree with your thread. Still 7 games to play and anything can happen but the results continue to be consistent. If it were flukey I'd say otherwise but the following continues to happen:

Too many dropped passes. Henne completes most of his throws but when he misses he misses badly and the results have been turnovers. The ground game isn't really taking off or taking over games the way it should. Defense is rarely making game changing plays.

The offense is really missing a good deep threat and a pass catching TE. The defense is playing well but the secondary has to lock it down better.

Prepare for a week of the media saying Henne might get benched.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:42 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I really don't think we have to worry about the playoffs anymore. The chances we can make the playoffs are just about ZERO.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:43 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Hate to say it but I agree with your thread. Still 7 games to play and anything can happen but the results continue to be consistent. If it were flukey I'd say otherwise but the following continues to happen:

Too many dropped passes. Henne completes most of his throws but when he misses he misses badly and the results have been turnovers. The ground game isn't really taking off or taking over games the way it should. Defense is rarely making game changing plays.

The offense is really missing a good deep threat and a pass catching TE. The defense is playing well but the secondary has to lock it down better.

Prepare for a week of the media saying Henne might get benched.

I agree too. Mediocre. That about sums them up. On a weekend when the Pats/Jets both drop games, this Dolphin team could ill afford another loss .... even to a quality team like the Ravens.

Honestly, if they want to attempt to save the season - give Pennington a chance. Henne is not ready ......... if he stays the starter then it's just gonna be yet another "learning" year for him. Alas, this is year 3 of this new regime and I don't know that that kind of time is on their side.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:45 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Our season

This off-season our entire coaching staff needs to be reevaluated. I think there need to be some wholesale changes and that may just have to start at the head coach and offensive coordinator. This team honestly is mediocre. The best you can say for us is that no team really wants to plays us, but I don't think we inspire great fear in the better teams in the league. We continue to be "close", but unable or unwilling to make the jump to the upper echelon of the league. I'm afraid this trend has been present for decades now and I don't see this coaching staff being able to make the leap either.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:52 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Same stories will Parcells' team...they do great in the first year, then digress. They let good key players go..like Nate Jones, Greg Camarillo, Matt Roth, Will Allen...all for different reasons. We just need some continuity on this roster, and they'll be fine...so far, the churning of the roster has hurt this team.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:59 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Jets didnt drop their game.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:02 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The coaching staff might not be very good, but really....the team lacks talent throughout the roster. The offensive line isn't getting it done. The QB is erratic. The running backs have moments, but really are not amongst the top level tandem in the game...despite what we (myself included...I totally bought into the R&R combo being top notch) assumed about them going into the season. No real play makers on offense....Marshall used to be that guy, but he has only found the end zone once this year. The special teams still stinks....gave up a huge play on the fake punt and muffed a kickoff today....Finally, I think the defense is starting to show signs of wear. Lots of missed tackles and missed opportunities today. They were just on the field too much and the lack of experience in the whole unit shows.

Oh...and if you thought we might get some easy wins against Cleveland or Detroit, just check out today's action. Cleveland humiliated New England and the Jets barely squeaked out a win against Detroit....injuring Stafford saved the game for them.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:03 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
The coaching staff might not be very good, but really....the team lacks talent throughout the roster. The offensive line isn't getting it done. The QB is erratic. The running backs have moments, but really are not amongst the top level tandem in the game...despite what we (myself included...I totally bought into the R&R combo being top notch) assumed about them going into the season. No real play makers on offense....Marshall used to be that guy, but he has only found the end zone once this year. The special teams still stinks....gave up a huge play on the fake punt and muffed a kickoff today....Finally, I think the defense is starting to show signs of wear. Lots of missed tackles and missed opportunities today. They were just on the field too much and the lack of experience in the whole unit shows.

Oye the 4th down fake punt ..... can somebody please explain why we didn't have anyone on their gunners on that? I was ready to tear my hair out.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:05 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
I agree too. Mediocre. That about sums them up. On a weekend when the Pats/Jets both drop games, this Dolphin team could ill afford another loss .... even to a quality team like the Ravens.

Honestly, if they want to attempt to save the season - give Pennington a chance. Henne is not ready ......... if he stays the starter then it's just gonna be yet another "learning" year for him. Alas, this is year 3 of this new regime and I don't know that that kind of time is on their side.

The problem with starting Pennington is you position yourself for a question mark for next year. Maybe Pennington rattles off 6 wins. But going into next year you don't know if you get the Henne with 3 picks in one game or the Henne who shredded some quality opponents.

I think you ride out Henne this year and take the good with the bad. If he consistently turns the ball over you know you have problems. If he starts throwing TDs and winning against very good opponents you at least know that next year could be better.

This is a team built for the long haul. Question is are they built for a quality or mediocre long haul?

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:09 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
The problem with starting Pennington is you position yourself for a question mark for next year. Maybe Pennington rattles off 6 wins. But going into next year you don't know if you get the Henne with 3 picks in one game or the Henne who shredded some quality opponents.

I think you ride out Henne this year and take the good with the bad. If he consistently turns the ball over you know you have problems. If he starts throwing TDs and winning against very good opponents you at least know that next year could be better.

This is a team built for the long haul. Question is are they built for a quality or mediocre long haul?

I just cringe because Ross is not going to sit idly by and watch more mediocrity for too long ... and I have no faith in him to put together capable replacements if that were to occur.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:13 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Heck...I wouldn't mind seeing some games with Thigpen at the helm. Might as well see what you have there....if nothing else, maybe you can work up interest in a trade for a draft pick. Lord knows we need all the picks we can get....but, ahem, let's not trade down again....this team needs talent.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]