View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Go Fish? Go figure. 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Go Fish? Go figure.
Quote:
Go Fish? Go figure.
by Adam Schein
FOX Sports

In the preseason I picked the Dolphins as a playoff team. I loved the new defensive coordinator, the top two draft picks, the free agent signings, the Brandon Marshall trade, the head coach, and the potential development at quarterback.

Miami is 4-3 heading into a showdown with the Ravens. And frankly the Dolphins have more questions than answers.

What a bizarre season for them.

They are a perfect 4-0 on the road. The Dolphins haven’t won at home. They were certainly a bit lucky on Sunday, not that anyone is asking them to give back the game against the Bengals. As we wrote last week, Miami was robbed by the refs against Pittsburgh, and that game looms very large for the playoff picture. Special teams cost Miami against the Patriots, and cost a coach his job. They were fantastic on defense against the Vikings in Week 2, but maybe now you wonder how good of a win that actually was.

Miami’s red zone offense is horrible. Ronnie Brown is stuck in the mud and Ricky Williams is, in my opinion, a better option to run the ball. Chad Henne has put together an up and down season and hasn’t taken that jump that I anticipated. Brandon Marshall isn’t getting the ball enough. And you have major problems when your big threat to put points on the board is a kicker in Dan Carpenter, who was the entire offense against Cincy and Pittsburgh.

Mike Nolan has done a nice job with this defense. Cameron Wake is a stud. But I’m still waiting for the Dolphins to have a game-changing defense.

Look at Miami’s schedule the rest of the way. Look at the competition. There are very few guarantees for Miami.

But here’s the good news. The Jets lost. So did Pittsburgh, Tennessee, and Houston.

The Dolphins are still in the thick of things if they can actually put it together. I still love the upside But studying the first half, why should I be convinced they are ready?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/quar ... nfl-110210

Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:41 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Go Fish? Go figure.
They have a tough hole to dig themselves out of with the 3 AFC losses. But they'll make it interesting.

And think of the good side... all of our playoff games will mostly likely be on the road!!!

Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:09 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

degs wrote:

And think of the good side... all of our playoff games will mostly likely be on the road!!!

LMAO... Thats a great one, we are positioning ourselves for a road playoff sweep.... Then Dallas is technically a road stadium so we are set...

Superbowl or bust!!! :pumpiron:

:fart:

Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:17 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

He, nor anyone else, should probably be convinced that they're ready to make that jump... but hell as fans we all sure hope they do!

This has been an inconsistent season at best... and if we don't get our heads out of our butts in the redzone, the playoffs will be yet another year away.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:18 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I believe I read somewhere that the last team to start a season 4-0 on the road, and go 0-3 at home was the New York Giants. They won the Super Bowl that year against a very good New England Patriots team. So............

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]