View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 For all we talk about .... 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post For all we talk about ....
And analize , scrutinize , critisize , & all other izes ... can you really predict games this season in the NFL. I am at the point that a win is a win no matter how it is obtained. I mean look at the standings , there are surprises all over the place. Maybe it is parody.
I think this season coaching is huge. The Bills probably have the worst staff & the Steelers the best & look at the direction of those teams. Week 6 now & do we really know anything?
I thought the Jets were a joke , the Cowboys were for real , 49ers would be much improved & the SeaHawks , Chiefs & Lions would be hardly competitive. I thought Indy & the Saints would be putting up huge numbers & the Patriots were gonna have a down year until their defense matures.
For us , I had us beating the Patriots & Jets , losing to the Vikings & Packers & just blowing out the Bills (yes all this was before the first game).
I think the only thing I hit on was that Dez Bryant is gonna be big time.
Gotta love Sundays!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:15 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: For all we talk about ....
Very tight race so far, but its early and we saw yesterday that the fate of many teams may lie in the health of the team...
Even our losses we can look at starters not playing.. Crowder, Misi, Odrick, Jerry are all starters, and when watching Misi & Crowder back on the field I saw a difference.

We need to beat Pitt tho, and that is no easy task... Considering we are 0-2 at home is kinda scary.. Hopefuly these guys get their **** together this week and come to play on Sunday...
Maybe SD can pull one out for us and beat NE next week...

Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:58 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

FINesse wrote:
And analize , scrutinize , critisize , & all other izes ... can you really predict games this season in the NFL. I am at the point that a win is a win no matter how it is obtained. I mean look at the standings , there are surprises all over the place. Maybe it is parody.
I think this season coaching is huge. The Bills probably have the worst staff & the Steelers the best & look at the direction of those teams. Week 6 now & do we really know anything?
I thought the Jets were a joke , the Cowboys were for real , 49ers would be much improved & the SeaHawks , Chiefs & Lions would be hardly competitive. I thought Indy & the Saints would be putting up huge numbers & the Patriots were gonna have a down year until their defense matures.
For us , I had us beating the Patriots & Jets , losing to the Vikings & Packers & just blowing out the Bills (yes all this was before the first game).
I think the only thing I hit on was that Dez Bryant is gonna be big time.
Gotta love Sundays!!!

No question about it. I knew the Jets would be tough as Sanchez matured. I too thought the Patriots were done. I got the Bills right. I thought Baltimore was easily the class of that division. I never thought the Texans were going to be this good. In any case, parody has made the NFL gap between first and worst a lot closer than people realize. FTR...I had us losing to Minny and the Packers and splitting with NE and the Jets. The good news is I had them getting beat soundly by the Steelers this week. :pumpiron:

Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:15 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

This is why the NFL is the #1 sport in America... team 1 through team 32 are divided by such a minor talent gap that any given Sunday any team could dominate. I love this sport!

Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:32 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Actually I think the Chiefs have the best staff right now. They are doing the most with the least.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:36 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Ski_Money wrote:
Actually I think the Chiefs have the best staff right now. They are doing the most with the least.

The exact opposite could be said about Minn... Although Favre could very well be the problem there. But the coach/staff are who pursued him til he had to come back even after trying to retire...
So I guess they should take the blame...

Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:52 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

NFLJunkie wrote:
I knew the Jets would be tough as Sanchez matured. I too thought the Patriots were done.

Actually, I got it backwards on those two. I had the Patiots winning the division and the Jets being over-rated and in 3rd place. It could still end up that way, but the way things are going we are headed for 3rd place with a winning record.

Ski_Money wrote:

I have to agree with that, too. I watched them play a couple of times and they're not a team to play with or they'll beat you. Other teams know they're going to run the ball and they run it anyways with success. The passing game isn't bad if the receivers could just hold onto the ball.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:13 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]