View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Mike Nolan 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Mike Nolan
I still find the fact that the DB, either Allen or Davis, are sometimes playing well off the WR when Nolan has a lot of guys coming. I hate this defense. Good QB's like Rodgers simply throw a quick hitch to the WR and they usually pick up 5yds before the DB can make the tackle. In the case of Braylon Edwards a few weeks back, he breaks the tackle and goes the distance. Today it was Jennings catching two quick passes in front of Davis because he was playing off. All 3 of Miami's CB's are good in press coverage. Why take them out of that aggressive defense by playing them off? Especially when the safeties are blitzing or near the LOS. If you're going to put them on an island, make it a defense they play well...like press coverage.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:19 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Mike Nolan
I don't know...why don't you apply to become the coordinator.

But in all seriousness, this defense played very well today. I figured Green Bay to pile up 40 points.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:25 pm

I'd make Rex look like a whimp cat. The defense played well enough to win today. Outside of Wake, the pass rush is pretty non-existant. There haven't been as many creative blitzes as I imagined when he took over. I've also noticed this tendancy to play the corners off when he does blitz.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:25 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
I'd make Rex look like a whimp cat. The defense played well enough to win today. Outside of Wake, the pass rush is pretty non-existant. There haven't been as many creative blitzes as I imagined when he took over. I've also noticed this tendancy to play the corners off when he does blitz.

We did have 2 other sacks today besides Wake. Rodgers was on the ground all game. We need to do a better job on 3rd down and long. On a 3/13 we crapped the bed today for an extension of a drive that (I think) ended in a score. It should have been stopped and the ball punted.

Our D played good enough today. Not good.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]