View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Dolphins WR Brandon Marshall vs. Packers CB Charles Woodson 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Dolphins WR Brandon Marshall vs. Packers CB Charles Woodson
PFW's Dan Arkush wrote:
Dolphins WR Brandon Marshall vs. Packers CB Charles Woodson

This is a match made in heaven between two players who are considered among the best at their positions, although Woodson has been a bit sporadic through five games. Marshall had a big game in Week Three against the Jets matched up opposite CB Antonio Cromartie, who played well in this week’s Monday nighter against the Vikings. Cromartie had major problems covering Marshall, though, allowing him to catch 10 passes for 166 yards and a TD. Marshall wasn’t that big a factor the next week against New England, catching five passes for 50 yards, in Miami’s Monday-night loss to the Pats. But look for him to be refreshed and ready to give his best coming off a well-timed bye week.

Woodson has had some issues this season and is actually being outperformed by Tramon Williams on the right corner. But he remains a top-grade corner with a big-play fair. When matched up against the Lions’ Calvin Johnson in Week Four, Woodson redeemed himself with a brilliant second-half effort after allowing Johnson to get the best of him in the first 30 minutes. Against the Redskins, though, he looked vulnerable and a bit stiff and also got called for three penalties. It will be interesting to see if Miami opts to test Woodson early with some downfield throws to Marshall, and, if so, how Woodson reacts to that challenge.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/1 ... ay-tuesday

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:51 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Dolphins WR Brandon Marshall vs. Packers CB Charles Woodson
I don't expect big numbers from Marshall unfortunately. They plan to pound the rock.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:42 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

BMarsh will still get his targets though, even with a heavy run. It could actually work wonders for him, maybe get a play action going finally???

Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:25 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

i read some where that they want woodson lined up on d bess ,who ever woodson is lined up against its about time
our other wr`s makes some big plays , but i expect d henning to try and run the ball down the throat of the packers with all there injurys upfront

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:19 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Woodson is looking for picks. He has a tendency to interfere with WR's all the time. The fact that it is not called on him more often I don't understand. If he is up against Marshall all day Marshall should have some nice catches, or pick up a few PI calls. Woodson has lost a step over the last couple of years and only his experience keeps him in the game. A lot of young speedsters can fly by him.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:01 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AmericAdam wrote:
I don't expect big numbers from Marshall unfortunately. They plan to pound the rock.

Lets hope so. I wouldn't mind seeing a 2:1 ratio in run:pass this week. We need to play to our strengths.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:28 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]