Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ] 
 Post subject: Injuries again?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:17 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

First half was awesome….total dominance….

But then Armstead went down with a pec injury. Shell came in at LT, but that went very bad….
Tua got smacked and sacked repeatedly. Then Wilson left the game… the Miami D did their job though and held on for the win. Skylar looked very rusty in relief. Then Jackson went out with an ankle injury. Wilson returned to the game, but once Armstead went out, the offense fell apart and McD wisely let Tua sit.

Next week…..the #1 defense in the NFL on the road. Will Armstead return? Will Jackson come back….?

Post subject: Re: Injuries again?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:25 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

When Armstead left the game the line for Miami looked like swiss cheese there in the 2nd half against lowly Houston, so if Armstead is out of the Niners game McD better have a plan to keep Bosa from living inside Tua's jersey.

And it was disappointing after the Cleveland game how Miami could not muster a running game, even when it was evident they needed to kill clock. With the schedule coming up hitting the toughest stretch they need to figure out how to keep Tua standing if they are going to have a chance to compete for playoff seeding.

A silver lining from this game that saw that 30 pt lead slowly disappearing is that the team learns how a letdown now could ruin the season.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:34 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Well….reports say Armstead’s injury is not as bad as feared, but he will, “miss some time.” The announcers said Jackson injured the ankle on the same leg as his prior injury.

Tua was getting creamed after Armstead left the game….I really do not want him in there to take those kind of hits next week. On one play he was man-handled again and slung to the ground, but managed somehow to free his legs just in time as he folded over backwards.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:55 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

My #1 request today was no injuries

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:51 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

The Dolphins finally get both tackles on the field again for the first time since the first game and lose them both. Hopefully the Dolphins will upgrade the backup LT position (possibly through the draft) next year, but in the meantime they need to try every OT on their roster and PS to see if there is anyone better than Little. Brandon Shell is a RT and needs to stay on the right side as he is horrible at LT. Also, I think we see that Coach McDaniel sticks with a game plan no matter who is at QB or how poorly the OL is playing. That is a weakness of his. Also, way too many passes in this game and not enough balance.

David Wilson (Miami Herald) wrote:
This weekend was the first time the Dolphins had both back since Week 1 — Jackson spent time on injured reserve because of his injury — and the result was one of the best first halves in franchise history.

The second half, however, was one of their worst of the year. Initially, offensive lineman Brandon Shell replaced Armstead at left tackle — he played right tackle for the prior three weeks and didn’t give up a sack — and then he kicked back to the right side when Jackson went out, leaving tackle Greg Little to finish the game at left tackle.

McDaniel took much of the blame for the line’s struggles without Armstead, suggesting he didn’t adjust his playcalling and protections well enough to compensate for the former All-Pro’s absence.

“I put some guys in some unfair situations, was way too aggressive and it was something that I told the team after the game that I’ll definitely learn from because it wasn’t fair to them,” McDaniel said. “When you have some lineup changes, you can’t put them in positions they were put in. I don’t think that was a fair representation of the group.”

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/ ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:32 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phinished wrote:
Well….reports say Armstead’s injury is not as bad as feared, but he will, “miss some time.” The announcers said Jackson injured the ankle on the same leg as his prior injury.

Tua was getting creamed after Armstead left the game….I really do not want him in there to take those kind of hits next week. On one play he was man-handled again and slung to the ground, but managed somehow to free his legs just in time as he folded over backwards.

unfortunately the most feared edge rusher of the remaining games is Bosa on the left side of the offense, he would be Armstead's guy, so if it is a done deal sometime this week that Armstead will miss the game I hope this time McD has a plan to give help to his two OT's, back in the Vikings game Armstead missed some part and the Vikings rush was all over our QB and not once were mid game adjusments made to help chip the rusher or just leave two men on them....certainly don't leave one our blocking challenged TEs one on one with those niners edge rushers...sure, it may impact the overall offense's style of play, a very successful one of course that always gives Tua immediate targets but even a competitive loss, with a healthy Tua coming out the other side, would be a price worth paying.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:40 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

McDaniel and the OL Coaches better get together to provide a maximum protection for Tua. This is what we have facing Bosa. Shell is worse at LT but decent at RT.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
▪ Greg Little: He played left tackle — with Shell moving to right tackle — after Jackson joined Armstead on the sidelines late Sunday. Little’s previous start at left tackle this season was a disaster. With Armstead sidelined, Little permitted three sacks and 11 pressures against Minnesota. At least Shell played well at right tackle in that game.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

PFF wrote:
One down: LT Brandon Shell
Key grade: 15.5 pass-blocking grade

Shell filled in after Terron Armstead suffered a pec injury. He surrendered five pressures on 20 snaps and was beaten by his defender another three times.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:41 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

No Armstead, no protection. The team just does not have the depth at tackle to fill in for a guy who is hurt way too often. I suppose you could just keep Ingold in most of the game, or chip using Smythe….even facing double coverage, I have faith in Hill or Waddle getting open. However…that kind of scheme will likely see Tua hit more than you would want to see….

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:24 pm 
2022 Survivor Champ!
2022 Survivor Champ!

They'll scheme to help as well. Less shots downfield, more of the quick slants and screens to take pressure off the tackles. If they can get some semblance of a running game going that would help enormously as well, and you know that Mostert and Wilson will want to remind SF of what they lost. I'm not in panic mode.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:10 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

k-dash wrote:
They'll scheme to help as well. Less shots downfield, more of the quick slants and screens to take pressure off the tackles. If they can get some semblance of a running game going that would help enormously as well, and you know that Mostert and Wilson will want to remind SF of what they lost. I'm not in panic mode.

I sure hope so, because the running game against lowly Houston was almost nonexistent.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:14 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

What’s the latest been on Armstead?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:25 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
What’s the latest been on Armstead?

Only report I saw that gave a timeline said 3 weeks out….worst time possible for that to happen.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:00 am 

Game to game decision on Armstead and he said don't count him completely out against 49ers.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:27 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:
Game to game decision on Armstead and he said don't count him completely out against 49ers.

Yep, heard the same thing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:50 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

Armstead did not tear his pec. He strained it.

Heat and cold that sh*t, put some sort of harness or wrap and let him play.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:55 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:

I think he should hang out at Byron’s for the weekend & sit Rich.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:15 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:

Now that sounds much better. What is Austin Jackson’s status? Against Houston, I did not see him make any bonehead plays for a change.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:17 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

He’ll be out for probably the whole road stretch. Same ankle different type of injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:36 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ski_Money wrote:
He’ll be out for probably the whole road stretch. Same ankle different type of injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I figured as well.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:39 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Armstead needs to start wearing one of Frank Costanza's Mansiers.

On another injury note, Von Miller won't be in the Bills lineup for the Dolphins game in 3 weeks.

Always looking for the positives...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:11 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Rich wrote:

A strain is a tear. Just not a complete tear (rupture). Grade 2 has a palpable divot on palpation or a visible/partial tear through the muscle on mri imaging.

Could he play? Maybe. But until the muscle actually scars down, he is at a higher risk to further damage the muscle. If its not near the tendon he probably won't rupture anything, but it can lose significant strength. This could also set him up to injure something else if he tries and compensate with other areas of his body.

I personally think it'd be silly for the team to let him play before it heals at least somewhat. He is far too important of a piece to rush him back and risk losing him for an extended period of time. We've seen the team with and without him. I think some patience is worth it in this scenario.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:38 am 

marc23 wrote:
A strain is a tear.

Not necessarily. A strain can be when you overstretch a muscle as well. If it's a grade 1 strain, he can play this week.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:59 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
marc23 wrote:
A strain is a tear.

Not necessarily. A strain can be when you overstretch a muscle as well. If it's a grade 1 strain, he can play this week.

I have to believe he needs to be careful. If he tears it by coming back to soon, we'll lose him for the remainder of the season. I am glad he is doing his deligence at getting expert advice on it. The most valuable players on this team are he and Tua. We know when Tua is out, the Dolphins are 0-3 this year. If anyone forgets, Tua won games last year with the worst OL in the NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:35 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Here is the Thursday injury report. Right now we could expect both Armstead and Austin Jackson to be out, but there is a sliver of chance they may play. We need Mostert back. And, how did Bridgewater hurt himself? We are paying him millions to back up Tua. The good thing about that though is that Skylar Thompson is getting more reps in practice.

PFN wrote:
Running back Raheem Mostert, who leads the Dolphins in rushing yards (543) and touchdowns (three), told reporters Wednesday that he expects to play after missing Miami’s Week 12 win over the Houston Texans with a knee injury.

And there’s a real chance the Dolphins will be without just one starting offensive tackle instead of both, which looked to be the case after the Texans game.

Right tackle Austin Jackson (ankle) is not expected to play Sunday. But left tackle Terron Armstead (pec) just might — against all odds.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/the- ... ificantly/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:44 am 

Bridgewater hurt himself

Maybe he is healthy and the team is saving face by not saying he sucks. lol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:01 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Here's an update. I would go ahead and get ready for Armstead to be out as well. For the grade 2 strain that he had, he'd have to be superman to be out there.

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/statu ... 1085554688

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:27 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

that Bridgewater is some smart fella...he’s been around, he knows what’s coming, so why should he make himself available to take a 3 hour pounding for a mere ten mill?!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:06 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Here's an update. I would go ahead and get ready for Armstead to be out as well. For the grade 2 strain that he had, he'd have to be superman to be out there.

They really should say Tua is hurt and sit him this week, because I doubt he survives the game behind the craptacular O-line the team will field tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:51 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:

He may be Superman but he’s definitely not Ironman.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:24 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phinished wrote:
They really should say Tua is hurt and sit him this week, because I doubt he survives the game behind the craptacular O-line the team will field tomorrow.

I think you are reading way too much into McDaniel pulling him out of last week's game. The Dolphins have a very big lead and there was no reason to risk Tua getting injured in what should be riding out the game. If the game was close, you would have seen Tua in the game for the entire second half.

I believe the Dolphins are going to switch things up this week with some quick throws and take advantage of Hill and Waddle's speed for YAC. You are going to see a balanced attack of runs and passes. And you will see Tua taking a few deep shots as he always does, but having the mentality to get rid of it if the pressure is hot on him as he did last year. We have seen Tua hold the ball longer this year waiting for plays to develop due to better protection up front.

I have NEVER seen any team since I started watching the NFL in the fall of 1970 sit their starting QB who was healthy because they were afraid of him getting hurt. It is a ridiculous thought.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:58 pm 
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

It was very sad to see Tua get sacked three times in a row last week. The offensive line issues are beyond ridiculous. It's getting really old having this problem every year. It's not always related to injuries. It's related to having no depth of decent talent.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:02 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

What are the odds Byron Jones doesn’t come back this season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:31 pm 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

Phin wrote:

He has played his last snap for Miami. He'll be a post June 1st cut and will save them $14 million (which they desperately need) in the spring.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:05 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Phin wrote:

He has played his last snap for Miami. He'll be a post June 1st cut and will save them $14 million (which they desperately need) in the spring.

Good riddance. He had it made earning a welfare check off Miami’s dime all year. What a business.

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]