All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 24924
Location: Raleigh, NC
:clap

Darth Kader


_________________
* Follow Phinfever on FACEBOOK
* Follow Phinfever on TWITTER


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:28 pm
Posts: 3272
Thank goodness, because X has turned into a liability. Good thing they drafted Igby!


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 8370
Phinished wrote:
Thank goodness, because X has turned into a liability. Good thing they drafted Igby!

X is reaching the age of DB decline. Why I did not want Miami to give him a long term deal. If Miami needed a safety he might could make that move, but right now Miami appears to be good there.

Can't believe Grier has found two solid Db's Needham and Kohou as UDFA. The nerve of him to miss on a late 1st Rd. DB pick even though 4 other GM's missed on earlier DBs that yr. Grier must blow


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 24924
Location: Raleigh, NC
Dphins4me wrote:
Phinished wrote:
Thank goodness, because X has turned into a liability. Good thing they drafted Igby!

X is reaching the age of DB decline. Why I did not want Miami to give him a long term deal. If Miami needed a safety he might could make that move, but right now Miami appears to be good there.


Yes, X is going to start his decline soon. Since he is injured, I am going to assume that his performance is related to his severe groin injury.


Dphins4me wrote:
Can't believe Grier has found two solid Db's Needham and Kohou as UDFA. The nerve of him to miss on a late 1st Rd. DB pick even though 4 other GM's missed on earlier DBs that yr. Grier must blow


Needham is an excellent nickel corner, and Darth Kohou can play either. Igby, well, he was a major whiff and unfortunate to lose a first round pick, but here we have two UDFA DBs who are starting material. Whiffing in the first round of the draft is common, but grabbing UDFAs that can start are very rare. Maybe we should give Grier a little credit that he listens to his scouting reports and what input he gets from his coaches on players. That is why I am hopeful that he will have more success in drafting offensive linemen moving forward.

_________________
* Follow Phinfever on FACEBOOK
* Follow Phinfever on TWITTER


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 8370
Big Dave wrote:
That is why I am hopeful that he will have more success in drafting offensive linemen moving forward.

Based on the pass blocking this yr compared to last, I believe it the coaching. However, Miami went with smaller backs and this OL is not able of opening up holes up the middle.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:28 pm
Posts: 3272
Big Dave wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
Phinished wrote:
Thank goodness, because X has turned into a liability. Good thing they drafted Igby!

X is reaching the age of DB decline. Why I did not want Miami to give him a long term deal. If Miami needed a safety he might could make that move, but right now Miami appears to be good there.


Yes, X is going to start his decline soon. Since he is injured, I am going to assume that his performance is related to his severe groin injury.


Dphins4me wrote:
Can't believe Grier has found two solid Db's Needham and Kohou as UDFA. The nerve of him to miss on a late 1st Rd. DB pick even though 4 other GM's missed on earlier DBs that yr. Grier must blow


Needham is an excellent nickel corner, and Darth Kohou can play either. Igby, well, he was a major whiff and unfortunate to lose a first round pick, but here we have two UDFA DBs who are starting material. Whiffing in the first round of the draft is common, but grabbing UDFAs that can start are very rare. Maybe we should give Grier a little credit that he listens to his scouting reports and what input he gets from his coaches on players. That is why I am hopeful that he will have more success in drafting offensive linemen moving forward.


Whiffing on one first rounder sucks, but I think Austin Jackson is looking like a bust, as well as Igby. If Tua does not pan out, then that is 3 whiffs….you just can not do that at this level, unless you love mediocrity. Eichenberg is also looking like a bad pick. The Phins are really struggling to build an O line…..like pathetically struggling.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 60 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r