All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:39 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I think this was expected even though a hypocritical John Harbaugh started Flacco the next game after a serious head injury a week on a Thursday night.

AP wrote:
Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa has been ruled out for Sunday's game at the Jets.

Tagovailoa, who suffered a concussion last Thursday at Cincinnati when he took a scary sack from Bengals defensive tackle Josh Tupou, was stretchered off the field and immediately taken to the hospital. He flew back to South Florida with the team that night.

The additional MRI that Tagovailoa underwent Friday afternoon came back clean, Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel said Monday.

Teddy Bridgewater, who entered Thursday's game against the Bengals late in the first half, will start Sunday.

McDaniel said he still does not have a timeline of Tagovailoa's return, or whether the team will place him on injured reserve.

"Right now he's in the building," McDaniel said. "He's had a couple good days, but he's just trying to go through with the proper procedure and protocol so that he's feeling 100 percent. I know he's going to be diligent with it."

https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/nfl/ ... 536851007/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:49 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:21 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I'm not surprised. If they start him against the Jets, the NFL will be poking their noses into the Dolphins anal orifice's looking for some protocol violation.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:21 pm 

Is he ever going to finish an entire season? Just saying…

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:25 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
Is he ever going to finish an entire season? Just saying…

No, I do not think he can. Injury prone and with a weak running game and some bad linemen, a lot of us knew what was coming. His blindside is guarded by a tackle who was literally pancaked while pass blocking last week. If he is out multiple games this year, can we just move on?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:30 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The optics from TNF & social media’s reaction alone was always going to prevent him from playing in the following game…at the least, regardless of anything they dig up in the investigation.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:58 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Those back injuries are nagging.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:18 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
Those back injuries are nagging.

To be fair I didn’t really want him to suit up for TNF either but all of their docs and medical technology told Miami there wasn’t reason for big concern, and after all the big fluff investigations going on since, are evidently saying the same thing with the exception of the rogue “third party” doc.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:31 pm 
2022 Survivor Champ!
2022 Survivor Champ!

To be fair the whole "injury prone" label annoys me. At worst he's a victim of bad luck. At best he's been trying to survive with an historically bad offensive line. The only thing I fault him for is holding onto the ball too long.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:12 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

k-dash wrote:
To be fair the whole "injury prone" label annoys me. At worst he's a victim of bad luck. At best he's been trying to survive with an historically bad offensive line. The only thing I fault him for is holding onto the ball too long.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

So, I looked it up, and Tua fits in with the definition of "injury-prone".

Collins Injury wrote:
injury-prone in British English
(ˈɪndʒərɪˌprəʊn IPA Pronunciation Guide )
adjective
often sustaining injuries

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/di ... jury-prone

Whether it is bad luck or not, he gets injured every year and misses a few games. I was shocked to see McDaniel call a QB sneak with Tua in the first place. We even saw Mahomes miss a couple games a couple years back in the same scenario. I think we should all keep in mind, though, that he had a historically bad OL last year and he held up pretty well with all those hits. He even took off and ran when he needed to last year. With that in mind, Tua's injuries are not season ending and he fights to get back on the field. I respect him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:17 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

The Dolphins are taking it week-by-week with Tua. In the meantime, the Dolphins signed QB Reid Sinnett to the practice squad.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
Medical examinations of Tagovailoa have yielded encouraging results. McDaniel confirmed that Tagovailoa’s MRI came back clean.

He said he had no confirmation of an ESPN report that Tagovailoa will seek three additional independent medical opinions on his brain and neck but said: “We don’t bat an eye on second or third opinions. When it comes to adding information for a player to understand where he’s at from health perspective, that’s encouraged.”

McDaniel said not one person will decide when Tagovailoa is cleared to play. Multiple people will be consulted.

“We will always have our media opinions from our in-house guys. It’s not just one doctor. It’s a collection of people advising.”

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:28 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Going back to last season, when Tua plays the Phins typically win, when he doesn't, they lose.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:12 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The Jets got their injured QB back…and he had a very good 4th quarter to beat the Steelers. A perfect storm is brewing….

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:10 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phinished wrote:
The Jets got their injured QB back…and he had a very good 4th quarter to beat the Steelers. A perfect storm is brewing….

Negative Nancy has awakened from her slumber. Do you forget amidst the shhh show of the last week that Miami was in position to put Cincy away with less than half a quarter to play?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:09 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Phinished wrote:

Negative Nancy has awakened from her slumber. Do you forget amidst the shhh show of the last week that Miami was in position to put Cincy away with less than half a quarter to play?

Right….missed it by that much.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:24 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

Phinished wrote:

A very good 4th quarter... LOL...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:10 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Phinished wrote:

The Jets really seemed to suck, but at 2-2 they are a win away from passing Miami to take 2nd place. I am hopeful the defense will win the game this week.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:42 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Phinished wrote:
Rich wrote:
Phinished wrote:

The Jets really seemed to suck, but at 2-2 they are a win away from passing Miami to take 2nd place. I am hopeful the defense will win the game this week.

Assuming the Bills beat the Steelers, who have about as much a shot of losing as the Dolphins do the Jets.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:07 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Tenshot13 wrote:
Phinished wrote:
Rich wrote:
Phinished wrote:

Assuming the Bills beat the Steelers, who have about as much a shot of losing as the Dolphins do the Jets.

Yes…you have to figure Pickett will be a deer in the headlights this week….

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:02 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Tua would have to be in a nuclear bunker to not be able to hear the outrage that is directed at the Miami Dolphins, but I applaud that he controls what he can control and does not get caught up in the constant negativity that surrounds him.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
I found this interesting: When Hicks was asked by Rose about how Tagovailoa responds to all of the public commentary about him, Hicks said that Tagovailoa doesn’t have Twitter or Instagram on his cellphone and doesn’t have cable television.

“To me, it shows how disciplined he is,” Hicks said. “He knows negative energy is not going to help.” Find more sports news, plus coverage from Sports Illustrated.

Meanwhile, the league’s and union’s investigation into the handling of Tagovailoa’s situation during the Buffalo game is expected to conclude this week. Multiple doctors said he had a back injury, not a head injury, even though he wobbled and fell to the ground during the second quarter of the game

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]