All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:53 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Eich is surrounded by two very good players, yet, he still is underperforming. I think the Dolphins have to invest in the draft at guard. Maybe even RT if AJax doesn't improve once he comes back from IR. Little was a failed draft pick from the Panthers that we got in a trade from them. Many thought he'd be a quality starter in the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:44 am 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

I'm not saying either Eichenberg or Little are good, but PFF doesn't do it for me. I haven't seen major issues from either guy this year. Both can compete for their jobs, but neither is a massive liability to the team. I've seen Armstead get beat a few times yet he never seems to get blame.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:10 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
I'm not saying either Eichenberg or Little are good, but PFF doesn't do it for me. I haven't seen major issues from either guy this year. Both can compete for their jobs, but neither is a massive liability to the team. I've seen Armstead get beat a few times yet he never seems to get blame.

PFF just feeds off the never ending fat from the NFL carcass…it’s too much for me. They consistently touted Tannehill as basically playing like Drew Brees almost every season he was in a Miami uniform. T Hill may be the all time poster boy of vanilla plug-and-play NFL QBs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:49 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The line improved in pass blocking this year, but Little and Eich have not played well at all. Little was literally pancaked by a bull rush last week. Austin Jackson is not good but his injury absence is helping his reputation….it allows folks to continue to tell us about his potential. The line is not good at run blocking. I think those PFF grades look about right. The lack of a running game exposed the injury prone Tua to plenty of hits and the result was entirely predictable.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:48 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

:speechless

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:19 am 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Big Dave wrote:
Eich is surrounded by two very good players, yet, he still is underperforming. I think the Dolphins have to invest in the draft at guard. Maybe even RT if AJax doesn't improve once he comes back from IR. Little was a failed draft pick from the Panthers that we got in a trade from them. Many thought he'd be a quality starter in the NFL.

My problem is with Grier. This team has already invested so much draft capital in the O-Line and it still isn't getting the job done.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:34 pm 

Phinished wrote:
The line improved in pass blocking this year, but Little and Eich have not played well at all. Little was literally pancaked by a bull rush last week. Austin Jackson is not good but his injury absence is helping his reputation….it allows folks to continue to tell us about his potential. The line is not good at run blocking. I think those PFF grades look about right. The lack of a running game exposed the injury prone Tua to plenty of hits and the result was entirely predictable.

How many hits over average has Tua taken?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:56 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:
Phinished wrote:

He sits in the middle as far as number of knockdowns…but obviously he is not very resilient. However, not sure how many hits he took that did not result in a “knockdown.” He is the 5th most hurried QB in the NFL (and he is missing a half game in there). Let’s look at 2021 vs 2022. In 2021 he had 24 knockdowns and took 20 sacks over 13 games. In 4 games so far in 2022, he has taken 6 sacks and 7 knockdowns. Extrapolate that out to a 13 game Tua season and you have about 20 sacks and 23 knockdowns…so the same numbers he had last year behind what most consider here to be an epic bad offensive line. Also, if you plug in 3.5 as the number of games played…since Tua missed half the last game….the numbers are worse.

The guy misses games every year….if you want to count on him, then you better have the best line in football.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/new ... wcfsdkg1nf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:30 pm 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

Little had a bad game on a short week. He has otherwise been decent. Eichenberg has had positive moments and some bad reps.

Not everyone on the line is going to be top tier talent.

I've seen both Armstead and Williams have bad reps too.

I don't buy into PFF at all.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:31 pm 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
They consistently touted Tannehill as basically playing like Drew Brees almost every season he was in a Miami uniform.

Yup. Created a lot of false hope for me. Another reason why I think they don't bring much to the table.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:59 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:

He had a lot last year, but he was very elusive in the pocket as well. The difference between this year and last year is that he looks to throw the ball more this year as he has a lot of confidence in his receivers and his improved offensive line. Last year I do not think he gets sacked and gets that concussion.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:18 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

This week's PFF OL rankings.

PFF wrote:
25. Miami Dolphins (Down 3)
Projected Week 5 Starters:

LT Terron Armstead
LG Liam Eichenberg
C Connor Williams
RG Robert Hunt
RT Greg Little

Greg Little has been developing into the biggest weak link on this line, and he struggled against Cincinnati in Week 4, earning a 38.6 overall PFF grade after surrendering five pressures.

Miami’s line has been dramatically better this season than the historically bad unit of last year, but it still ranks 24th or lower in both facets of play.

Upcoming Opponent: New York Jets

The Jets’ pass rush is quickly becoming a strength of the defense. They can bring pressure from multiple spots and rank sixth in average rushing yards allowed. This is a difficult matchup for Miami.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive- ... eek-4-2022

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:14 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

A lot of money and picks….and 25th in the league. How much longer is this crap going to go on?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:30 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phinished wrote:
A lot of money and picks….and 25th in the league. How much longer is this crap going to go on?

As long as Byron Jones stays on vacation. Wait, different unit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:05 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Phinished wrote:

As long as Byron Jones stays on vacation. Wait, different unit.

Don’t worry, we’ll always have Igby!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:26 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Phinished wrote:
How much longer is this crap going to go on?

UR kiddin', right?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:55 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Phinished wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
Phinished wrote:

He sits in the middle as far as number of knockdowns…but obviously he is not very resilient. However, not sure how many hits he took that did not result in a “knockdown.” He is the 5th most hurried QB in the NFL (and he is missing a half game in there). Let’s look at 2021 vs 2022. In 2021 he had 24 knockdowns and took 20 sacks over 13 games. In 4 games so far in 2022, he has taken 6 sacks and 7 knockdowns. Extrapolate that out to a 13 game Tua season and you have about 20 sacks and 23 knockdowns…so the same numbers he had last year behind what most consider here to be an epic bad offensive line. Also, if you plug in 3.5 as the number of games played…since Tua missed half the last game….the numbers are worse.

The guy misses games every year….if you want to count on him, then you better have the best line in football.

:cry:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:06 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

40-17 vs the lowly Jets….the O line is not good enough. The QB’s are dropping like flies. Teddy did not do himself any favors…but man….free runners at the QB every week, early and often.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:55 pm 
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

I know this original post was Oct 3rd but with todays Jets game and the game last week, it's obvious the offensive line has regressed. If they play any worse next week it will mean that's 3 or 4 games were the offensive line has shown serious concerns.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:16 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rick wrote:
I know this original post was Oct 3rd but with todays Jets game and the game last week, it's obvious the offensive line has regressed. If they play any worse next week it will mean that's 3 or 4 games were the offensive line has shown serious concerns.

Well, losing your two starting tackles will make the unit regress. One person who is terrible is backup RT Greg Little. He did a pitiful job yesterday. Eich is a disappointment, too, and is not starting material. Is Deiter so bad that he cannot play LG?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:59 am 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

I haven't seen the game yet, but I did catch Little getting destroyed which led to Thompson throwing the interception.

I was hoping Cincy was just a bad game for Little but seems like defenses are figuring out ways to beat him two weeks in a row.

I have no idea how to solve the left tackle problem. We all knew Armstead was an injury waiting to happen. Better hope Austin Jackson can live up to the first-round billing on the other side.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:07 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I have to say this one is on McDaniel and his OL coaches. I cannot believe the plan for an often injured LT (Armstrong) is to insert a practice squad player who is a RT.

:hithead:

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
▪ Practice squad player Brandon Shell, primarily a right tackle during his NFL career, was needed at left tackle after Armstead’s departure. And Shell allowed seven pressures on 33 pass-blocking snaps, while right tackle Greg Little yielded five. PFF blamed Liam Eichenberg, Hunt and Gesicki for the Jets’ three sacks.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Remember my comments on Eich a few threads earlier?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:46 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
I have to say this one is on McDaniel and his OL coaches. I cannot believe the plan for an often injured LT (Armstrong) is to insert a practice squad player who is a RT.

:hithead:

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
▪ Practice squad player Brandon Shell, primarily a right tackle during his NFL career, was needed at left tackle after Armstead’s departure. And Shell allowed seven pressures on 33 pass-blocking snaps, while right tackle Greg Little yielded five. PFF blamed Liam Eichenberg, Hunt and Gesicki for the Jets’ three sacks.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Remember my comments on Eich a few threads earlier?

OMG, that is just awful work. Why is Eichenberg being absolutely manhandled like that? Little is equally awful, being bull rushed and pancaked recently. Shell is a joke at LT as well. I have no illusions that Austin Jackson returning (someday?) will be any better. At the moment, the only building blocks for a future actual starting caliber offensive line that the team seems to have are Williams and Hunt. Armstead is fine when healthy, which means maybe two or three game stretches…. The first two rounds next year better be O line….at least a tackle and a guard. Third round I get an every down workhorse RB. All this would have been easier with that extra 1st round pick Ross pissed away.

Is Dieter healthy? I can not imagine him doing any worse than Eich as a guard. It seems Dieter would likely be an upgrade….and that means the O line still blows chunks Grier.

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]