All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:12 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

... grabbing Josh Allen's nut-sack at the bottom of the pile.

Heavy.com wrote:
“I think anybody with two eyes can understand what was going on under that pile,” Allen said. “I let the emotions get the best of me, but there were some things happening down there that I didn’t appreciate. We’ll let everyone make their own judgments on that. I apologized to my team for putting us in a tough situation, but it is what it is and we’ll move on. I know I’ll probably get a fine for that, but I hope they’ll look at some other things too.”

Allen was not fined for his actions toward Wilkins on Sunday, but the penalty came at a costly time for the Bills as they looked to mount a comeback down 21-17. The Dolphins ultimately prevailed, moving to 3-0 and taking over sole possession of the AFC East crown.

Allen had mixed up with Wilkins in the past, the Buffalo News noted, with the Bills quarterback waving goodbye near the end of Buffalo’s win over Miami in Orchard Park last season.

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/ ... osh-allen/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:44 am 

I hope the phins do something internally to stop future incidents like that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:23 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

There are 20 TV cameras at a Primetime game + all the cell phones in the stadium. I haven't seen any footage that demonstrates what Joshua is claiming. Wilkins was on the bottom of the pile, seems an odd position to be gabbing another guy's crotch. Wilkins was caught doing this in Clemson, but I haven't seen anything as a Pro. Anyway, I wonder what the NFL is using as evidence.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:23 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

shularino wrote:
There are 20 TV cameras at a Primetime game + all the cell phones in the stadium. I haven't seen any footage that demonstrates what Joshua is claiming. Wilkins was on the bottom of the pile, seems an odd position to be gabbing another guy's crotch. Wilkins was caught doing this in Clemson, but I haven't seen anything as a Pro. Anyway, I wonder what the NFL is using as evidence.

I think he got caught doing that at Clemson. I've read in the past that this goes on a lot at the bottom of the pile. I think it's low class myself.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:21 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
shularino wrote:

I think he got caught doing that at Clemson. I've read in the past that this goes on a lot at the bottom of the pile. I think it's low class myself.

Isn’t this basically the game of rugby in a nutshell? If you don’t think honing in on another man’s jewels during a game isn’t low class you probably don’t draw the line anywhere..cm’on Wilk…

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:55 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Big Dave wrote:
... grabbing Josh Allen's nut-sack at the bottom of the pile.

Heavy.com wrote:
“I think anybody with two eyes can understand what was going on under that pile,” Allen said. “I let the emotions get the best of me, but there were some things happening down there that I didn’t appreciate. We’ll let everyone make their own judgments on that. I apologized to my team for putting us in a tough situation, but it is what it is and we’ll move on. I know I’ll probably get a fine for that, but I hope they’ll look at some other things too.”

Allen was not fined for his actions toward Wilkins on Sunday, but the penalty came at a costly time for the Bills as they looked to mount a comeback down 21-17. The Dolphins ultimately prevailed, moving to 3-0 and taking over sole possession of the AFC East crown.

Allen had mixed up with Wilkins in the past, the Buffalo News noted, with the Bills quarterback waving goodbye near the end of Buffalo’s win over Miami in Orchard Park last season.

I understand the reaqson for a fine, but the amount? $13,261 ? Is that the going price for family jewels?

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/ ... osh-allen/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:20 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Allen does like himself some trash talk. Personally I’m fine with celebrating a score or a good play, but leave the taunting for flag football. Allen was bound to rub someone the wrong way (especially in this case haha).
These guys are paid to be professionals, so act like it. Wilkins also needs to knock off the childish antics. I’d feel the same as Allen and don’t fault him for reacting the way he did. Just leave the other peoples plums alone, man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:27 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Wilkins to appeal his fine. He doesn't "necessarily" agree with he is being accused of. What does he mean by "necessarily"? lol

Alain Poupart (SI) wrote:
“I’m not going to necessarily get into what goes on throughout the course of the game, what goes on in piles, this, that and the third," Wilkins said Monday. "I’m not going to get into that. I don’t necessarily agree with what’s being accused of me and how things went down and how things were handled from that standpoint. So there’s obviously a process that goes there, an appeal process and everything, which I fully wish to take advantage of.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/mi ... 2-notebook

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:07 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Wilkins to appeal his fine. He doesn't "necessarily" agree with he is being accused of. What does he mean by "necessarily"? lol

Alain Poupart (SI) wrote:
“I’m not going to necessarily get into what goes on throughout the course of the game, what goes on in piles, this, that and the third," Wilkins said Monday. "I’m not going to get into that. I don’t necessarily agree with what’s being accused of me and how things went down and how things were handled from that standpoint. So there’s obviously a process that goes there, an appeal process and everything, which I fully wish to take advantage of.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/mi ... 2-notebook

He obviously meant just the tip, Dave.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:11 am 

Playing football I have been in a pile more than once where the Football was loose or thought to be loose or people trying to make it loose and it can get uncomfortable as many hands are reaching grabbing whatever.

Jock straps and protective cups were not worn as fashion accessories.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]