All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:53 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

McDaniel isn't the type of coach to throw his young QB under the bus, but he isn't going to exaggerate what he thinks of him. Perhaps his comment about Tua's personality was in response to nOmar saying this week (he is leaving the Sun Sentinel) that Tua is a weird guy.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
On Tagovailoa, McDaniel said: “The dude is right-handed and he throws lefty. When he throws the ball, every lefty I’ve been with, the ball tails. His doesn’t. It’s the most accurate, catchable ball I’ve ever seen.”

So is it McDaniel’s job to make him a star? “My job is to make sure his best years as a football player are right in front of him right now, ever. That’s my job with everybody. You don’t always succeed at that…. How can we make that [elite accuracy] into good quarterback play? That’s his job too.”

McDaniel likes how Tagovailoa’s “personality is coming out on the field in an authentic way, not forced.”

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:42 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Here is the entire interview this article references. I listened to it yesterday, I thought it was good. McDaniel goes into more detail about Tua's personality coming out on the field in an authentic way. How he first noticed how confident Tua was during the Luau charity benefit Tua hosted, and how natural and outgoing he was on the stage dancing. He wants that Tua translated to the football field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBVdf8xNty0&ab_channel=LeBatardAndFriends

Last edited by Tenshot13 on Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:09 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Tenshot13 wrote:
Here is the entire interview this article references. I listened to it yesterday, I thought it was good. McDaniel goes into more detail about Tua's personality coming out on the field in an authentic way. How he first noticed how confident Tua was during the Luau charity benefit Tua hosted, and how nature and outgoing he was on the stage dancing. He wants that Tua translated to the football field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBVdf8xNty0&ab_channel=LeBatardAndFriends
I listened to this today. I thought it was cool that McDaniel said when he saw Tua at his benefit full of charisma and confidence he said "That's the guy we need to get on the field!"

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:02 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

How can you not like how McDaniel approaches things. Any person with any job in the world is going to perform better if they can be themselves and has a boss that plays to your strengths. How refreshing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:14 am 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

Pretty easy to be yourself when you have a coach who is not trying to terminate your job on a daily basis.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]