All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:11 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

We are hearing a lot of good things about what Sherfield has been able to do in the Miami Dolphins. So much, that most are considering him a "lock" to make the roster.

Alain Poupart (SI) wrote:
Something that has allowed Sherfield to stand out above some of those players is how well he knows McDaniels’ scheme from his time with the 49ers. In fact, Sherfield knows the playbook so well they called him "the textbook" in San Francisco.

“At first I didn't really like (the nickname), but as I kind of sat and thought about it, it really does speak to who I am,” Sherfield said. “I'm gonna prepare so that I know what my assignment is, being reliable for the quarterback, being in the right spot, and all those different things. I think first and foremost, as a player in this league to stay around for a long time, you've got to be trusted. You have to be able to be trusted and for you to be trusted, you have to be able to know your assignment, whatever that may be. I think for me that is my biggest asset is just being trustworthy and being in the right spot all the time.”

Sherfield learned the playbook by studying four to five hours a day and got help from his girlfriend, who would read him plays and function as his makeshift quarterback.

He also mentioned the playbook in Miami is the same as it was in San Francisco, which undoubtedly helped his transition.

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/mi ... on-at-camp

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:30 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Big Dave wrote:
We are hearing a lot of good things about what Sherfield has been able to do in the Miami Dolphins. So much, that most are considering him a "lock" to make the roster.

Alain Poupart (SI) wrote:
Something that has allowed Sherfield to stand out above some of those players is how well he knows McDaniels’ scheme from his time with the 49ers. In fact, Sherfield knows the playbook so well they called him "the textbook" in San Francisco.

“At first I didn't really like (the nickname), but as I kind of sat and thought about it, it really does speak to who I am,” Sherfield said. “I'm gonna prepare so that I know what my assignment is, being reliable for the quarterback, being in the right spot, and all those different things. I think first and foremost, as a player in this league to stay around for a long time, you've got to be trusted. You have to be able to be trusted and for you to be trusted, you have to be able to know your assignment, whatever that may be. I think for me that is my biggest asset is just being trustworthy and being in the right spot all the time.”

Sherfield learned the playbook by studying four to five hours a day and got help from his girlfriend, who would read him plays and function as his makeshift quarterback.

He also mentioned the playbook in Miami is the same as it was in San Francisco, which undoubtedly helped his transition.

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/mi ... on-at-camp

Assuming Hill, Waddle, Wilson and Ezukanma make the team, that probably leaves one spot open between Bowden and Sherfield, unless we keep 6 WRs, but I don't see that likely. It will be fun to see which one wins the final spot.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:48 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I think we keep 6, including Sherfield. The 6th spot is up for grabs and I think LBJ is making his claim.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]