All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:07 pm 
Honorary BILLS Fan
Honorary BILLS Fan

I know you all are constantly checking the forum to see when I post this (well not really, but amuse me - please!)

The balance of power in the AFC has shifted - not longer do we all have to tolerate the Patriots constantly winning the title. And I do not seem them winning the East this year - in fact I could see them finishing last

So.....

1. Buffalo Bills. 13-4. I really try to not be a homer, but they are stacked and adding somebody like Von Miller can only make them better. I also think a season of Gabe Davis is better than a season of Emmanuel Sanders. There is a lot of optimism for the team this year.

2. Miami Dolphins. 10-7. I almost went 11-6. I think Miami could be one of the most improved teams in the league. I also seem to like Tua more than most people. I see them snagging a Wild Card this year

3. New England Patriots. 7-10. I really think they fall more this year. The offense could be a mess and this idea of not having a coordinator just sounds weird to me. Mac Jones did OK as a rookie, but also has a limited ceiling.

4. New York Jets 6-11. These last two teams could flip positions easily. The Jets escaped a big scare with Wilson not tearing his ACL (side note - I want Josh Allen to take exactly ZERO pre-season snaps). They are young and rising.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:04 pm 

Looks about right. If I put on my own homer glasses, and the Dolphins avoid injuries, and the Bills get unlucky with regard to injuries, then I could see the Dolphins going 12-5 and nosing out the 11-6 Bills for the division crown!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:48 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Buffalo is a genuine football town so it’s bittersweet to see their rise to prominence. I honestly wouldn’t mind seeing them win a SB, of course, only if they don’t personally derail Miami on their way there. Josh Allen is pure football man…such a fun team to watch play the game. You may be right on point. Miami is boom or bust in my opinion but shall be an exciting season for both teams.

The Bills still give me the same feeling of that beast just waiting to feast when they play the Fins just like the Ravens of the last few years…hopefully McDaniel has the sauce unlocked when we meet again and we can actually enjoy a competitive match up this time around.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:25 am 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

I agree with the Pats regressing. All the chatter up here in MA is how lost the offense looks in every practice. There is also some chirping that rookie Bailey Zappe has looked as competent as Mac Jones (same guy who reported this last year was the first to predict that Jones would overtake Newton by Week 1).

These predictions look pretty good.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:50 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I think this could be the Bills year. I think they have the most talent of any other team in the NFL, but as you know, it depends on who is hottest by the end of the season. Sometimes, team chemistry wins out over talent.

1. Buffalo Bills. 13-4. I think the Bills can beat just about anyone this year, but they always have a few games throughout the season that makes you wonder why they took their foot off the gas. One of these losses will be to the Dolphins and the best chance is in the final game as the Bills will have both the playoffs and home field position locked up.

2. Miami Dolphins. 11-6. This is a tough one, and I think the Dolphins get on a run after the first month of the season. New coach, new philosophy, and an improving OL should help out. They get a playoff spot, win one maybe, and then are looking to 2023.

3. New England Patriots. 9-8. I cannot see a 'Cheat-coached team doing worst than 9 wins. I am sure he has already seen our offense via drone or satellite, so, he always likes to find an edge. I don't get why he does not have an OC or why he does not burn out due to all the hats he wears. No playoffs, but a decent year.

4. New York Jets 3-14. The Jets are heading in the right direction, but you will not think so once the Jets win only one game up to the bye. It's a difficult schedule and Zach Wilson does not look good. In addition, he loses an important month of practice due to his knee injury.

:jests:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:50 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
I cannot see a 'Cheat-coached team doing worst than 9 wins. I am sure he has already seen our offense via drone or satellite, so, he always likes to find an edge.

BillyCheat already has all of McDaniels’ data downloaded via starlink and by god, probably with the personal assistance of Musk himself

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:11 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Buffalo is a genuine football town so it’s bittersweet to see their rise to prominence. I honestly wouldn’t mind seeing them win a SB, of course, only if they don’t personally derail Miami on their way there. Josh Allen is pure football man…such a fun team to watch play the game. You may be right on point. Miami is boom or bust in my opinion but shall be an exciting season for both teams.

The Bills still give me the same feeling of that beast just waiting to feast when they play the Fins just like the Ravens of the last few years…hopefully McDaniel has the sauce unlocked when we meet again and we can actually enjoy a competitive match up this time around.

Good luck!

There's a reason why it's a genuine football town.... there's nothing else to do there.

Think about it for a moment....

Miami has South Beach. Buffalo has Lake Erie

Miami has stone crabs, grilled snapper, and lechon asado with arroz con frijoles. Buffalo has spicy chicken wings and polish sausage.

Miami has mojitos, rum runners, and Cuba Libres. Buffalo has Gennesee beer.

Miami has a good variety of nightclubs. Buffalo has..... night.

Miami has sun, sand, and sangria. Bufflalo has snow, snow, and more snow.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:06 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Wow. We will witness the annual Jets late September cliff-jumping once again.

https://twitter.com/BleavNetwork/status ... 5683933192

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:01 am 

Miami 13-4 challenges for the division and wins one in the post season.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:24 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The schedule really will hurt the Phins this year. Vegas has Miami at 9 wins last I knew. I see an 8-9 season coming, but with many close losses. Buffalo should win 12-13 games… Miami finishes in second place and out of the playoff race. Darth Bellicheat in 3rd place, perhaps 7-10 or 6-11. The Jets should suck and finish in last place, maybe 4-13.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]