All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:22 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

To be honest, he wasn't playing well before going down. There is no word on the severity of the injury yet, but they fear it to be a torn ACL. I bet they'd trade Zach for Tua any day of the week.

NBC Sports Edge wrote:
Jets QB Zach Wilson was removed from Friday's preseason opener against the Eagles with a right knee injury.

Wilson came up limping after making a cut on a scramble in the first quarter. He was able to walk off the field and immediately went to the locker room. The second-year quarterback completed 3-of-5 passes for 23 yards with an interception before exiting.

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/ ... ach-wilson

On his first drive ...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:05 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Just an update here on Zach Wilson. The Jets roster is improving, but I am not sure whether Wilson is the guy or not. It's his second year, but he does not look to be an improvement over Sam Darnold there. He has the arm, and his legs can extend plays, but his decision-making needs to improve.

NBC Sports Edge wrote:
ESPN's Rick Cimini reports that there were "no surprises" with Zach Wilson's knee surgery.

The Jets were wary of the surgery turning up more damage that would hold the quarterback out longer than the initial stated 2-4 week timeframe, but thankfully for them it was worry that they didn't need to hold. Wilson remains questionable for Week 1 but shouldn't miss much time after tearing his meniscus in the preseason opener.

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/ ... ach-wilson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:02 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

If they offer a first round pick for Tua, do you pull the trigger and go with Skylar Thompson for a year? Chances are, you'll end up with a top five pick and be able to land Bryce Young, CJ Stroud or Tyler Van Dyke in the 2023 draft.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:28 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
If they offer a first round pick for Tua, do you pull the trigger and go with Skylar Thompson for a year? Chances are, you'll end up with a top five pick and be able to land Bryce Young, CJ Stroud or Tyler Van Dyke in the 2023 draft.

Definitely not. We ride or die with Tua this year, then reevaluate. This team is primed this year to make a run at the playoffs, if we trade Tua we may as well admit we're doing a soft rebuild.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:10 am 

ArtieChokePhin wrote:

This seems a little out of left field, maybe the jests should trade a couple of 1st round picks for Jameis "famous for stealing crab legs" Winston seems like they would be a better fit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:30 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

AQNOR wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:

This seems a little out of left field, maybe the jests should trade a couple of 1st round picks for Jameis "famous for stealing crab legs" Winston seems like they would be a better fit.

Jets fans are some of the most obnoxious and boorish fans in the league. Do you realize what the fan base would do to him if he threw 30 picks??

:haha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:46 am 

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:

Jets fans are some of the most obnoxious and boorish fans in the league. Do you realize what the fan base would do to him if he threw 30 picks??

:haha

Yes, but it just seems like a natural pipeline from the Crimi'Noles to the jests.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:34 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:
Yes, but it just seems like a natural pipeline from the Crimi'Noles to the jests.

BYU, my friend. Supposedly he likes the older ladies.

:disappear

As far as the Noles, I try to always appreciate a Florida team that our Wolfpack seems to dominate every year. Go Pack! Besides, the Gators have most arrests than any other team.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:23 pm 

Big Dave wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

As far as the Noles, I try to always appreciate a Florida team that our Wolfpack seems to dominate every year. Go Pack! Besides, the Gators have most arrests than any other team.

Lol gator hater in the house. I see you are kind of quantity over quality guy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:02 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Big Dave wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

And that isn't even counting the number of arrests that have never evolved into charges because they get swept under the rug by the lawyers and judges in the area that are UF graduates. Included in that is the two unsolved murders that Aaron Hernandez is suspected in.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:55 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

ArtieChokePhin wrote:

Even I feel that would be a massive overreach on Tua..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:44 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:

I think you all are going to be surprised about Tua this year. He will never look like Dan Marino, but he has the skillset to be like a possible Joe Montana. I think he will manage this offense well and put the ball deep when it is needed. Tua is intelligent, very accurate, and has some weapons around him with a supporting coach.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:23 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Big Dave wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:

I think you all are going to be surprised about Tua this year. He will never look like Dan Marino, but he has the skillset to be like a possible Joe Montana. I think he will manage this offense well and put the ball deep when it is needed. Tua is intelligent, very accurate, and has some weapons around him with a supporting coach.

I've always seen him as a Drew Brees type of QB. I think his biggest issue has been fully recovering from the hip injury and getting his strength back, and the terrible offensive line. Hopefully the line is at least average for him this year. With that, plus the weapons he has, watch out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:26 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Tenshot13 wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:

I've always seen him as a Drew Brees type of QB. I think his biggest issue has been fully recovering from the hip injury and getting his strength back, and the terrible offensive line. Hopefully the line is at least average for him this year. With that, plus the weapons he has, watch out.

One thing I do not see is the confidence that he had at Alabama. Once he gets this then we will start to see late game "heroics' from him. To me, that is the biggest weakness in his game, but I think a lot of the reason for this last year was the lack of protection.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:15 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:

I agree with every word here. He needs a high functioning system with VERY polished route running though. This is why I’ve been convinced that Gesicki is a fish outta water with him under center…Mike could’ve put up tremendous numbers under a Roethlisberger style QB…broken plays and chaos is where Tua crumbles. Gesicki may actually be a better receiver off the route than on it.

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]