All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:13 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I like that our two highest paid athletes, Tyreek Hill and Xavien Howard, have embraced the leadership roles the team expects from them. The nucleus of this team is young and the arrow is up, and having outspoken leadership keeps the team focused on the field. Their hunger is infectious.

Daniel Oyefusi (Miami Herald) wrote:
“I feel like it starts with me. I feel like I have to set the tone for the guys,” Howard said Wednesday. “The guys are getting better — I feel like everybody is getting better each week. I feel like we just have to keep striving. I have to take that leadership role in the cornerback room and set the tone.” How does Howard set the tone? “Make plays,” he said. “Make plays, that’s what I do. So setting the tone by making plays out there.”

“His energy, you can’t explain it,” said Tino Ellis, a third-year corner. “He’s just a great guy all-around. A great leader, hard worker. He really doesn’t say too much but we all feel his energy when he’s in the room and when he says something. And definitely when he makes a play, he’s bringing up the energy.”

Almost every practice, Keion Crossen finds himself watching Howard from the sideline “like a hawk.” He’ll study the way he lines up, the way he moves and attacks a play, trying to take notes to improve his game. And when Howard returns to the sideline, he’s quick to discuss the nuances of a play, asking a teammate what he saw on the sideline. If the roles are reversed, Crossen said, Howard is gracious enough to go through the details of a play for one of the team’s young corners.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/ ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:37 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Coach McDaniel's thoughts on the importance of X.

Mike Masala (USA Today / Dolphins Wire) wrote:
“I had never met ‘X’ (Xavien Howard) before I got this job,” McDaniel said. “We had played against him once or twice, but it didn’t take me long being here to understand what he means to the rest of the players. There’s something to be said about when you do something at an elite level, you get notoriety from it. And then you continue to do it, people don’t really do that justice where they don’t have the option to show up and (say), ‘Maybe I don’t feel like being good today.’ So I think he possesses that. I think one of the interesting things is I think he plays off Tyreek (Hill) as well. Two great competitors that are prideful, that know that every day, they can’t afford to be, ‘Oh, I’m just not on,’ because of the consequences and ramifications for the rest of the team and what we count on them to do on a day-in, day-out basis.”

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2022/ ... mportance/

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]