Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Need Some Logistics Help
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:27 pm 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

After 9 long years I'm making my triumphant return to Hard Rock Stadium this fall. Last time I went we had a large group and tour bus to travel to the game. This time its just my 10 year old son and I going.

It was recommended by a family member to just Uber to and from the stadium (we are staying in Fort Lauderdale). Not too keen on that idea but if anyone has other suggestions I'm all ears. Also, are there any good tailgate spots that the public can purchase tickets to? Not going to bring snacks/drinks and ask the Uber driver to pop his trunk and hang out. Finally, any recommendations for where to sit? Thanks in advance!

Side note, last time I went was Miami beating NE. Bus ride back to the hotel with all miserable Pats fans and me with my beer and poop eating grin.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:05 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Depending on what time the game is you're going to, be sure to sit in the shaded side... or the shade, somewhere. If it's a night game, then just go have a blast with whatever you're willing to spend on a ticket. It's fun sitting in the lowers of course, but if you're a guy who likes watching plays develop, seeing the whoel field, I really enjoy lower rows in the upper deck... of course between the 20 yard lines is best... but generally cost more.

Last time we were down, depending on where you are staying at, the hotels sometimes have bus rides to/from games, amy want to check and see with who you're staying wiht if they offer anything like that.

I found the last time we were down, that just walking around the stadium areas close to game time, you'll find plenty of fun and whatnot to hang out with other fans. I'm not sure about "buying" tickets to some pre-game situation, but I imagine there is something like that somewhere for sure.

A few places that are fun /. worth trying out eating wise is Buamhowers, Polo Tropical is good for a fast meal and not so expensive, take the 10 year old... during the day and walk south beach... down through the art district... on the what I call "boardwalk" on the pier... let him see some fun stuff while y'all are there. I think that Pier is at South Pointe Park or something along those lines. There is a restaurant on Sotuh Beach called Havanah 1957 that's real good.... fun to go to at night.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:46 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I'm sitting here in Maryland just dreaming that some day I have the experience. Never been to a home Dolphins game. Only been to one at all, and we were blown out by the Bills in NY. That was during the Marino/Kelly days.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:39 pm 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

The Don wrote:
Depending on what time the game is you're going to, be sure to sit in the shaded side... or the shade, somewhere. If it's a night game, then just go have a blast with whatever you're willing to spend on a ticket. It's fun sitting in the lowers of course, but if you're a guy who likes watching plays develop, seeing the whoel field, I really enjoy lower rows in the upper deck... of course between the 20 yard lines is best... but generally cost more.

Last time we were down, depending on where you are staying at, the hotels sometimes have bus rides to/from games, amy want to check and see with who you're staying wiht if they offer anything like that.

I found the last time we were down, that just walking around the stadium areas close to game time, you'll find plenty of fun and whatnot to hang out with other fans. I'm not sure about "buying" tickets to some pre-game situation, but I imagine there is something like that somewhere for sure.

A few places that are fun /. worth trying out eating wise is Buamhowers, Polo Tropical is good for a fast meal and not so expensive, take the 10 year old... during the day and walk south beach... down through the art district... on the what I call "boardwalk" on the pier... let him see some fun stuff while y'all are there. I think that Pier is at South Pointe Park or something along those lines. There is a restaurant on Sotuh Beach called Havanah 1957 that's real good.... fun to go to at night.

Thanks, I'll check with the hotel about transportation. We'll be hanging in Fort Lauderdale on Saturday and strictly doing the game Sunday (Monday AM flight home). One day I'll check out Miami.

I know at some stadiums there are sponsored tailgates where you pay and they'll grill and have some coolers with drinks. We did that last time I was down there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:40 pm 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

k-dash wrote:
I'm sitting here in Maryland just dreaming that some day I have the experience. Never been to a home Dolphins game. Only been to one at all, and we were blown out by the Bills in NY. That was during the Marino/Kelly days.

You'll get down there

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:15 am 

jammer wrote:
After 9 long years I'm making my triumphant return to Hard Rock Stadium this fall. Last time I went we had a large group and tour bus to travel to the game. This time its just my 10 year old son and I going.

It was recommended by a family member to just Uber to and from the stadium (we are staying in Fort Lauderdale). Not too keen on that idea but if anyone has other suggestions I'm all ears. Also, are there any good tailgate spots that the public can purchase tickets to? Not going to bring snacks/drinks and ask the Uber driver to pop his trunk and hang out. Finally, any recommendations for where to sit? Thanks in advance!

Side note, last time I went was Miami beating NE. Bus ride back to the hotel with all miserable Pats fans and me with my beer and poop eating grin.

Hope you guys have a blast.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:13 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

The Don wrote:
Depending on what time the game is you're going to, be sure to sit in the shaded side... or the shade, somewhere.

Excellent thought there. I don't think anyone really thinks about that.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]