Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: adapt or die
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:45 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Several players have to prove they can adapt to the new offense or they will be gone: TE Mike Gesicki, RT Austin Jackson, and LG Liam Eichenburg. Gesicki has to show that he can block adequately. The thing is, that if Gesicki coming in only during passing downs tips the defense to the pass, McDaniels is not going to be happy as he likes to disguise every play he runs.

Alain Poupart (SI) wrote:
I say all the time – like I said previously, it’s adapt or die, year-to-year basis, you have to prove it every year," Smythe said. "But with (Gesicki), if he can show that he can produce in one offense last year, another offense this year and be productive overall as a tight end, the price is just going up. So that’s what I tell him every day. If he can continue on a positive trend path, it’s just going to pay dividends in the long run for him. I’m excited for him.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... 96683.html

Post subject: Re: adapt or die
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:49 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Gesicki can push a defender off the ball route but doesn’t really have the build to hold a block

Post subject: Re: adapt or die
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:43 pm 
2022 Survivor Champ!
2022 Survivor Champ!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Gesicki can push a defender off the ball route but doesn’t really have the build to hold a block

Isn't it largely about leverage and technique? I understand that a lanky frame makes it harder to get that leverage advantage but it's not like we need him to be a mauler. Just being adequate would be enough to keep the defenses honest when he's in.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]