All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:01 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I am interested to see how Braylon Sanders does in the preseason games, but it would not surprise me if we did get a roster-worthy undrafted WR. The Dolphins have a history of being able to pluck good WRs from those undrafted. Some teams just have a knack for certain positions when adding talent.

What I think will happen is that Preston Williams will demand a trade and the Dolphins may be able to get a 7th round pick for the very talented but often injured WR. He is already complaining about a lack of opportunities in practice.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
The two had met at the NFL Combine, when Welker took a liking to Sanders’ combination of size (6-1) and speed. And on that final day of the draft, “he was the first person to hit me up [after] the draft,” Sanders said Wednesday.

Other teams subsequently expressed interest, but “I felt this was the place for me to be,” Sanders said. “Wes was undrafted as well. Looking at his background and coaching wise and his career, I thought that was the perfect person for me to learn from.”

He has made several receptions for long gains, including catches of 30 and 40 yards on Tuesday. “He has great body control,” Welker said Wednesday.

“He has great hands. He has speed. He’s doing a lot of great things out there. He’s progressing just like [fourth-round rookie] Erik Ezukanma is. It’s never easy as a rookie coming in, especially in this offense. We’ve got to keep on staying on those guys. We’re very happy with both those guys.”

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

From another article.

Barry Sanders (Miami Herald) wrote:
Sanders is making a case to make the 53-man roster. Trent Sherfield, Sanders and River Cracraft (who caught a TD in red zone drills from Bridgewater on Wednesday) have looked the best in the battle for the fifth and sixth receiver jobs, behind Hill, Jaylen Waddle, Cedrick Wilson Jr. and Ezukanma. But it’s still early.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:12 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I seen some Tweets where Preston Williams was upset because he wasn't "getting a fair shot" or "more time". It's like dude... maybe you should use some stronger super glue on your knees and try to stay healthy for a season before you start running your mouth about playing time or whatever.. get over yourself kid.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:23 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

The Don wrote:
I seen some Tweets where Preston Williams was upset because he wasn't "getting a fair shot" or "more time". It's like dude... maybe you should use some stronger super glue on your knees and try to stay healthy for a season before you start running your mouth about playing time or whatever.. get over yourself kid.

:haha

He may be beyond Super Blue and may need Gorilla glue, Brad. The Dolphins have given him every chance to contribute in the past. He's the glass man.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]