All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:23 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I thought AJax looked decent his rookie season and expected him improve last year, but to me, his mind wasn't in it. This year he feels he has a new start and a head coach who seems to be able to motivate each player differently. Perhaps he wasn't a fit under Flores' boot camp style. He's dropped pounds and is excited about how he fits in the offense. I think he knows this is his last chance. The Dolphins have two first round picks next year and if Tua plays well, they are looking to improve on what they have starting this year.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
After signing Terron Armstead to play left tackle, the Dolphins decided that Jackson was a good fit at right tackle, because of his athleticism and skill set to play in Miami’s new wide zone running scheme.

“Sitting down with all coaches, they definitely want to utilize my athleticism in this position in this offense,” Jackson said. “It’s my first time playing in this scheme. I’ve made great strides.”

After reporting at nearly 330 last summer, he’s now a “lean” 310 while dropping eight percent in body fat. “I had a really great offseason,” Jackson said. “I would not say good, but great.”

Has he enjoyed returning to tackle, albeit on a new side? “I enjoy being a tackle…. I take a lot of pride in whatever position I play. Moving back to tackle, I have always had pride in playing tackle. I got drafted as a tackle. That’s my own personal thing.”

Jackson has studied several offensive tackles on tape, including Tampa Bay’s Tristan Wirfs - who was selected five picks before Jackson in the 2020 draft and was a first-team All Pro last season.

He also has picked the brain of Armstead, who was a Pro Bowler in 2018, ‘19 and ‘20. “Terron is a technician,” Jackson said, adding he has valued “hearing a lot of his teaching points” and Armstead’s advice to maintain “good body leverage and the having tools to utilize your athleticism with technique. It’s been very helpful. There’s definitely a lot of knowledge there.”

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:28 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I know people pick and choose what video clips they share on social media, the OL has been having their issues with our DL, but when have you ever seen AJax pancake anyone? Encouraging.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]